Amusing letter

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Apr 9, 2003.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    In tonight's paper

    WAS CHEEKY YOUNG LAD YANKING MY BIKE CHAIN?

    09:30 - 09 April 2003

    It Was with great surprise that while searching for somewhere to chain my bicycle before doing a
    spot of local shopping, a boy aged about 12 waltzed up to me and said: "I have a skeleton key that
    works with any bike lock mate". I don't know if he was just pulling my leg, but he deserves a prize
    for his mouth-watering nerve.

    Aled Jones,

    Mount Crescent,

    Bridlington.

    Simon Mason

    Tags:

  2. Sabineuk

    Sabineuk Guest

    [email protected] (Simon Mason) said:

    [Letter in paper]
    > ...., a boy aged about 12 waltzed up to me and said: "I have a skeleton key that works with any
    > bike lock mate". I don't know if he was just pulling my leg, but he deserves a prize for his
    > mouth-watering nerve.
    >
    >Aled Jones,

    Was it going for a song?

  3. Murk

    Murk Guest

    [email protected] (Simon Mason) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > In tonight's paper
    >
    > WAS CHEEKY YOUNG LAD YANKING MY BIKE CHAIN?
    >

    > 09:30 - 09 April 2003
    >
    > It Was with great surprise that while searching for somewhere to chain my bicycle before doing a
    > spot of local shopping, a boy aged about 12 waltzed up to me and said: "I have a skeleton key that
    > works with any bike lock mate". I don't know if he was just pulling my leg, but he deserves a
    > prize for his mouth-watering nerve.
    >
    > Aled Jones,
    >
    > Mount Crescent,
    >
    > Bridlington.
    >
    > Simon Mason

    It wasn't the Metro by any chance, was it? Around here it has become something of a competition to
    get the most and most ridiculous letter(s) published in said journal.

  4. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Murk" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > It wasn't the Metro by any chance, was it? Around here it has become something of a competition to
    > get the most and most ridiculous letter(s) published in said journal.

    Hull Daily Mail

  5. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    news:[email protected]...