An alternative to bike bells

Tim Forcer

Guest
Maybe the Victorians were subject to road rage:

<http://www.theengineer.co.uk/Articles/297102/February+1896+The+gun+bike.htm>

--
Tim Forcer [email protected]
The University of Southampton, UK

The University is not responsible for my opinions

On 01/12/2006 15:38, Tim Forcer said,
> Maybe the Victorians were subject to road rage:
>
> <http://www.theengineer.co.uk/Articles/297102/February+1896+The+gun+bike.htm>

I was looking for that link to post when I saw the article in The
Engineer. The I got side-tracked...

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

In article <[email protected]>
Tim Forcer <[email protected]> wrote:
> Maybe the Victorians were subject to road rage:
>
> <http://www.theengineer.co.uk/Articles/297102/February+1896+The+gun+bike.htm>

"Recent reports have suggested that US special forces have even been
using bicycles to chase the Taliban through the mountains of
Afghanistan." If they drafted some cycle couriers they might actually
catch a few, rather than just chasing them :)

Rob Morley wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>
> Tim Forcer <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Maybe the Victorians were subject to road rage:
> >
> > <http://www.theengineer.co.uk/Articles/297102/February+1896+The+gun+bike.htm>
> >

> "Recent reports have suggested that US special forces have even been
> using bicycles to chase the Taliban through the mountains of
> Afghanistan." If they drafted some cycle couriers they might actually
> catch a few, rather than just chasing them :)

I believe the Swiss disbanded their cycle division sometime in the last
year or so. They may have been a bit hasty.

Still the US might get a good buy on some bikes. IIRC the Swiss had
just upgraded to a new custom mtn bike not long before the disbandment.
[1]

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

[1] Nice to know all bureaucracies work the same way.

www.benvanhelden.nl/Condorclub/Fiets/Switserland/MO93/model93.html

Tim Forcer wrote:
> Maybe the Victorians were subject to road rage:
>
> <http://www.theengineer.co.uk/Articles/297102/February+1896+The+gun+bike.htm>

That would have been an ideal product for BSA.

in message <[email protected]>, Rob Morley
('[email protected]') wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>
> John Kane <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I believe the Swiss disbanded their cycle division sometime in the last
>> year or so. They may have been a bit hasty.
>>
>> Still the US might get a good buy on some bikes. IIRC the Swiss had
>> just upgraded to a new custom mtn bike not long before the disbandment.
>>

> www.benvanhelden.nl/Condorclub/Fiets/Switserland/MO93/model93.html

Jesus! 23Kg! You'd have to be /bloody/ fit to ride that in Switzerland!

;; killing [afghan|iraqi] civilians is not 'justice'

In article <[email protected]>
Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:
> in message <[email protected]>, Rob Morley
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>
> > John Kane <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> I believe the Swiss disbanded their cycle division sometime in the last
> >> year or so. They may have been a bit hasty.
> >>
> >> Still the US might get a good buy on some bikes. IIRC the Swiss had
> >> just upgraded to a new custom mtn bike not long before the disbandment.
> >>

> > www.benvanhelden.nl/Condorclub/Fiets/Switserland/MO93/model93.html

> Jesus! 23Kg!

That's before you strap on the machine gun or RPG launcher :)

> You'd have to be /bloody/ fit to ride that in Switzerland!

"The 1996 Olympic road race champion, Pascal Richard, and current Tour
de France competitor Laurent Dufaux served their time in cycling
regiments."