an American

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Andre, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. Andre

    Andre Guest

    While speaking to an American friend of mine today, he said that he
    sees Hincapie as the best chance for U.S. to have a winner in the TDF
    2006. He also mentioned Basso having a great opportunity too by the
    way.
    Being the stubborn Belgian that I am, I said the name "Van Huffel" to
    him; just to scare him. But in reality I don't think Wim is quite ready
    for the podium. At least not until he does that wind tunnel trick.

    Andre

    Tags:

  2. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Andre <[email protected]> wrote:
    > While speaking to an American friend of mine today, he said that he
    > sees Hincapie as the best chance for U.S. to have a winner in the TDF
    > 2006.

    I see narco-tourism is alive and well. What did your friend
    take before he said that, and where can I get some?

    Bob Schwartz
    [email protected]

  3. D. Ferguson

    D. Ferguson Guest

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 00:51:49 -0000, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Andre <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> While speaking to an American friend of mine today, he said that he
    >> sees Hincapie as the best chance for U.S. to have a winner in the TDF
    >> 2006.

    >I see narco-tourism is alive and well. What did your friend
    >take before he said that, and where can I get some?
    >
    >Bob Schwartz
    >[email protected]

    Which other US rider has a much better chance? 0% is the same no
    matter how you slice it. I'd give Levi a better chance at 0.0001%, as
    compared to Booby at 0.00001% and Georgie at 0.000001%.

    Jan-20%
    Basso-30%
    for comparison.

  4. Andre

    Andre Guest

    No really, he was dead serious. He's an amateur cyclist in Florida. He
    follows the sport to a certain extent.

  5. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    D. Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 00:51:49 -0000, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
    > wrote:

    > >Andre <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> While speaking to an American friend of mine today, he said that he
    > >> sees Hincapie as the best chance for U.S. to have a winner in the TDF
    > >> 2006.

    > >I see narco-tourism is alive and well. What did your friend
    > >take before he said that, and where can I get some?
    > >
    > >Bob Schwartz
    > >[email protected]

    > Which other US rider has a much better chance? 0% is the same no
    > matter how you slice it. I'd give Levi a better chance at 0.0001%, as
    > compared to Booby at 0.00001% and Georgie at 0.000001%.

    > Jan-20%
    > Basso-30%
    > for comparison.

    Two US riders not named LANCE finished in the top ten in the
    Tour, with an additional rider not named LANCE in the top ten
    in the Vuelta. None of them are in the same class as a guy
    like Basso, I would but put the odds at greater than 1% that
    a US rider not named LANCE or George would win the Tour.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email protected]

  6. D. Ferguson

    D. Ferguson Guest

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 02:42:56 -0000, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >D. Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 00:51:49 -0000, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:

    >> >I see narco-tourism is alive and well. What did your friend
    >> >take before he said that, and where can I get some?
    >> >
    >> >Bob Schwartz
    >> >[email protected]

    >> Which other US rider has a much better chance? 0% is the same no
    >> matter how you slice it. I'd give Levi a better chance at 0.0001%, as
    >> compared to Booby at 0.00001% and Georgie at 0.000001%.

    >> Jan-20%
    >> Basso-30%
    >> for comparison.

    >Two US riders not named LANCE finished in the top ten in the
    >Tour, with an additional rider not named LANCE in the top ten
    >in the Vuelta. None of them are in the same class as a guy
    >like Basso, I would but put the odds at greater than 1% that
    >a US rider not named LANCE or George would win the Tour.
    >
    >Bob Schwartz
    >[email protected]

    Lol, the fact we even have to say "greater than 1%" says it all.

  7. trg

    trg Guest

    "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
    [email protected]...
    > D. Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 00:51:49 -0000, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:

    >> >I see narco-tourism is alive and well. What did your friend
    >> >take before he said that, and where can I get some?
    >> >
    >> >Bob Schwartz
    >> >[email protected]

    >> Which other US rider has a much better chance? 0% is the same no
    >> matter how you slice it. I'd give Levi a better chance at 0.0001%, as
    >> compared to Booby at 0.00001% and Georgie at 0.000001%.

    >> Jan-20%
    >> Basso-30%
    >> for comparison.

    > Two US riders not named LANCE finished in the top ten in the
    > Tour, with an additional rider not named LANCE in the top ten
    > in the Vuelta. None of them are in the same class as a guy
    > like Basso, I would but put the odds at greater than 1% that
    > a US rider not named LANCE or George would win the Tour.
    >
    > Bob Schwartz
    > [email protected]

    I'd put Tyler Hamilton in the 1% group. If he wins his case, that'll go up.

  8. Stu Fleming

    Stu Fleming Guest

    Andre wrote:
    > Being the stubborn Belgian that I am, I said the name "Van Huffel" to
    > him; just to scare him. But in reality I don't think Wim is quite ready
    > for the podium. At least not until he does that wind tunnel trick.

    Within 4km of a wind tunnel should suffice.

  9. trg wrote:
    > "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:

    > > Two US riders not named LANCE finished in the top ten in the
    > > Tour, with an additional rider not named LANCE in the top ten
    > > in the Vuelta. None of them are in the same class as a guy
    > > like Basso, I would but put the odds at greater than 1% that
    > > a US rider not named LANCE or George would win the Tour.

    > I'd put Tyler Hamilton in the 1% group. If he wins his case, that'll go up.

    Tyler is in the 1.5% group. Or perhaps it would be more accurate
    to say his evil twin is in the 1.5% group.

    Ben
    Mr. 1.5%

  10. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Tyler is in the 1.5% group. Or perhaps it would be more accurate
    > to say his evil twin is in the 1.5% group.

    So if they ride together like they did at Mt Washington then they must be
    in the 3% group ?

  11. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Another Ferguson post demonstrating his mental capacity.

    Maybe you ought to watch Valverde a little more closely. And check out
    Cunego while you're at it. I predict next Tour to be a fight between
    Basso and Valverde with Conego being competitive. Jan will not be an
    particular great danger.

    Valverde will have better all around results than Ivan. But Basso being
    a climber may be able to hold him off.

    Cunego is a question mark because he couldn't ride well enough this
    year to judge how he was progressing.

    Levi now will feel that he can compete and will be a different racer
    than when Lance was in the field.

    Whether Floyd can develope beyond what he is now is questionable.

    George only won that stage because Discovery tied everyone else down.
    That isn't to denigrate George but let's face it, a guy that makes Eddy
    Merckx look like a midget isn't going to be a consistent climber.