An analogy for reducing blood pressure too much after stroke

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Fuli Chang, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Fuli Chang

    Fuli Chang Guest

    I had a stroke and was given clonidine at a hospital. The incident has been described in an earlier
    posting. Following is what I've read from a source in the Chinese language.

    ‘The blood vein is like a pipe. When a stroke happens, blood flow at somewhere of the pipe is not
    smooth or blocked. If blood pressure is lowered too much, the blood flow will become too slow and
    blood supply be decreased, and more cells consequently die due to the lack of blood. This makes the
    stroke worse.'

    Is the analogy correct? Thanks.

    Fuli Chang

    Tags:

  2. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    [email protected] (Fuli Chang) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I had a stroke and was given clonidine at a hospital. The incident has been described in an
    > earlier posting. Following is what I've read from a source in the Chinese language.
    >
    > ?The blood vein is like a pipe. When a stroke happens, blood flow at somewhere of the pipe is not
    > smooth or blocked. If blood pressure is lowered too much, the blood flow will become too slow and
    > blood supply be decreased, and more cells consequently die due to the lack of blood. This makes
    > the stroke worse.'
    >
    > Is the analogy correct?

    Correct if done to the extreme.

    FP
    ===========================

    Thanks.

  3. Fuli Chang <[email protected]> wrote:
    : I had a stroke and was given clonidine at a hospital. The incident has been described in an
    : earlier posting. Following is what I've read from a source in the Chinese language.

    : ?The blood vein is like a pipe. When a stroke happens, blood flow at somewhere of the pipe is not
    : smooth or blocked. If blood pressure is lowered too much, the blood flow will become too slow and
    : blood supply be decreased, and more cells consequently die due to the lack of blood. This makes
    : the stroke worse.'

    : Is the analogy correct? Thanks.

    Essentially. I understand that post-stroke hypotension has a bad prognosis.

    Emma