An Article About Carbon Bikes



Quote by JH:
"Yep, my wife was hit by a truck yesterday. The guy was on his cell phone and lost so he turned into a driveway to turn around. She was coming from the opposite direction and he wasn't watching . She didn't go down but her leg is pretty bruised up from his bumper. Distracted is impaired."

Wow! I'm glad she was not seriously injured. Great bike handling skills and some luck.

Booze, cell phones, eating, etc. are all distractions behind the wheel we can live without.
 
Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Quote by JH:
"Yep, my wife was hit by a truck yesterday. The guy was on his cell phone and lost so he turned into a driveway to turn around. She was coming from the opposite direction and he wasn't watching . She didn't go down but her leg is pretty bruised up from his bumper. Distracted is impaired."

Wow! I'm glad she was not seriously injured. Great bike handling skills and some luck.

Booze, cell phones, eating, etc. are all distractions behind the wheel we can live without.
She was just starting to ride again and now this stupid ******* came along. Hopefully it won't kill her resolve to ride her bile. The funny part is she gave him directions after the event. I would have given him a cellphone enema or had my a** handed to me.
 
Originally Posted by kopride
There is some truth to what you say--even though I generally defend my countrymen.
Why?
big-smile.png
A similar passport doesn't make people any less of a b@stard.


Originally Posted by danfoz

Aside from the fraternity shared by many US vets
No way you are a vet...
big-smile.png

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
9-year old boy shoots 5.56x45 SCAR machinegun because 'Murica! And freedom!
That's f@ckin' disgusting... Watched a video of a little girl doing a record time in stripping and reassembling a rifle once, that was kinda cute, I guess.
 
Originally Posted by Volnix

No way you are a vet...
big-smile.png
I never claimed to be. Are you saying US veterans don't share a common bond?

Ok, well maybe not during Army-Navy football games.
 
Originally Posted by danfoz

I never claimed to be. Are you saying US veterans don't share a common bond?
I thought you said that you had experience with that particular fraternity, as being part of one.

I have no idea what they share... I was talking with a US vet on a dating site (didn't know she was a vet or any of the following until she replied) and she was a:

1. Vegeterian
2. Swinger
3. Bisexual
4. Hated kids
5. Married

& probably a few other things.

She was in Iraq!
big-smile.png
 
Originally Posted by Volnix

I thought you said that you had experience with that particular fraternity, as being part of one.

I have no idea what they share... I was talking with a US vet on a dating site (didn't know she was a vet or any of the following until she replied) and she was a:

1. Vegeterian
2. Swinger
3. Bisexual
4. Hated kids
5. Married

& probably a few other things.

She was in Iraq!
big-smile.png
So all vets, or at least most vets in your tiny little world are vegetarians, swingers, bisexuals, hate kids, married, and probably a few other things? If so, then this is where I no longer respect you.
 
Originally Posted by jpr95


Blah, blah, blah...I expected this self-righteous bluster.

The reality is that I've seen an Indiana State Police information officer on live TV admit that BAC affects different people differently, to the extent that she had even seen people who blew 0.6% (not 0.06%--0.6%--fatal for most people) and they were still functioning well, as well as had seen people UNDER the limit who couldn't even come close to passing a roadside sobriety test.

T.
Really? show me that comment by that cop.

Everywhere you look on the internet shoots down your supposedly comment made by a supposedly cop you supposedly heard, in fact there is a rally call from law enforcement agencies all over the nation to lower the BAC further to .05. And being from Indiana I know that if you're caught driving lets say at a check point where they never observed your driving and you blow over .08...guess what smart guy, you will fail miserably trying to convince a cop or judge you were fine! Talk about a self-righteous bluster.
 
Originally Posted by Froze
Really? show me that comment by that cop.

Everywhere you look on the internet shoots down your supposedly comment made by a supposedly cop you supposedly heard, in fact there is a rally call from law enforcement agencies all over the nation to lower the BAC further to .05. And being from Indiana I know that if you're caught driving lets say at a check point where they never observed your driving and you blow over .08...guess what smart guy, you will fail miserably trying to convince a cop or judge you were fine! Talk about a self-righteous bluster.
It was a local TV interview a number of years ago, and I'd be happy to put my 3-beer driving skills to the test against most people I see on the road at any time. BTW, have you ever driven on little sleep or while taking painkillers or other drugs or while eating? You seem to keep avoiding that question...

Yeah, those check points are bad police work. Easy money, though! They're no better than red light cameras.
 
Originally Posted by Froze

So all vets, or at least most vets in your tiny little world are vegetarians, swingers, bisexuals, hate kids, married, and probably a few other things? If so, then this is where I no longer respect you.

Lol did I tick you off?
big-smile.png
I have no idea what vets over there are like. I haven't met any.
big-smile.png



 
Quote by JH:
"She was just starting to ride again and now this stupid ******* came along. Hopefully it won't kill her resolve to ride her bile. The funny part is she gave him directions after the event. I would have given him a cellphone enema or had my a** handed to me."


Every time I had a vehicle make contact with me I got back on that horse and I hope she can do so. Directions? I guess if it were me that got tagged, he would have been told where to go...not so much how to get there (although an assist might have been offered).

Up in Akron, Ohio last Sunday the police were chasing a couple of motorcyclists that had been performing 'tricks' (read: burnouts, wheelies, stoppies, street racing, etc.) in the suburban streets for a crowd of. One bike crashed hard while making a run fo' da freedom and rider/bike went under a car and the car had to be lifted off the rider with the aid of bystanders/spectators, but only after hitting a 13-year old boy on a bicycle so hard it tore a leg off the boy.

That motorcyclist died and the other one got away.

Can life get any more stooped?

Link to the stoopidity: http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/motorcyclist-who-hit-teen-on-bike-saturday-night-in-akron-dies-boy-survives-but-loses-leg-1.516568
 
Quote by JH:
"I am guilty of being married. Oh the shame."

The real unanswered question is: Are you also a vegan, bi swinger that hates shimaNO?
 
Quote by RobbieK:
"ROFLMAO! You obviously don't know the true properties of Titanium."

All I know is that it really affects Superman in a bad way.
 
Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Quote by RobbieK:
"ROFLMAO! You obviously don't know the true properties of Titanium."

All I know is that it really affects Superman in a bad way.
I thought Titanium was that planet next to Monistat 7. I am not a Vegan, I think you are thinking of that Dr. Spock guy.
 
Originally Posted by jhuskey

I thought Titanium was that planet next to Monistat 7. I am not a Vegan, I think you are thinking of that Dr. Spock guy.
No, no, no. Dr. Spock wrote those children's rhyme books. You're thinking of Darth Vegan, you know, the guy who carried the Seder Lite (no lamb).
 
Ok class, so... Revision!
big-smile.png


1. Carbon - Check
2. Guns - Check

3. Drinking and Driving - Check
4. Titties - Check

5. Cars - ...

We forgot the cars!!!



How about them electric cars huh?
big-smile.png






0.jpg



0.jpg
 
Originally Posted by jpr95

It was a local TV interview a number of years ago, and I'd be happy to put my 3-beer driving skills to the test against most people I see on the road at any time. BTW, have you ever driven on little sleep or while taking painkillers or other drugs or while eating? You seem to keep avoiding that question...

Yeah, those check points are bad police work. Easy money, though! They're no better than red light cameras.
That's what I thought about that little supposedly interview.

I don't drive with painkillers or drugs in my system, for that matter I don't use painkillers (or drugs) even after I had back surgery. Sleepy, I haven't had any issues driving and falling to sleep at the same time, however people who do need to know when to pull over, but the law enforcement folk won't send you to jail if you're sleepy unlike someone with an illegal BAC limit like you seem to like to drive around with.

You're obviously a very rebellious person and that's why you think you're perfectly ok driving with an illegal BAC limit, and why you're against checkpoints and red light cameras because you drive drunk and you probably like running red lights because of a complete disregard for rules and laws.

You along with another poster here I no longer have respect for so you can go on and yap to yourself. I hope someday you get nailed for a DUI before you kill someone...oh wait, that's right, you drive better with an illegal bac limit.
 


Makes me want to eat a vegan burger (huh?!?!) and wash it down with three Piswassers, then go out and run red lights with my titanium shotgun and shoot red light cameras while I fall asleep doing meth.

 
Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
There was a range in New England where the same thing happened a couple years ago. A young child was handed a Micro-Uzi or a Mini-Uzi (I forget which model, but both are shorter than the standard Uzi model sub-machinegun) and with a burst of full-auto fire put a round thru the instructor's head.

Right, it's stupid. Unlike bikes, which are ubiquitously used by children with relatively small risks, given the number of kids who ride bikes and the hours those bikes are used, the very small number of Uzi-shooting kids for the brief moments used seem to cause a lot of fatal injuries. Maybe there is some connection between allowing children to engage in a relatively safe activity for adults, which shooting a full auto weapon at a range is for a trained adult, that is not safe for children to engage in.

Kids love shooting full-auto, but put them on a tripod mounted weapon with the T&E locked down.

Right, and kids love climbing on high objects and doing lots of dangerous stuff. Kids might even enjoy having sex with each other, but we don't allow kids to engage in adult activities that have the potential to harm themselves or others. As kids, we enjoyed running on train trestles.

Maybe we should make the world safe and only give kids airplanes to play with...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Dubroff

And then there's racing cars...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Logano

Yeah, Joey Logano was tearing up tracks as a 10-year old.

And my 9 year old was riding a kid sized dirt bike at 9 (Honda 50). He wasn't riding my KTM 400 exc. Joey wasn't driving a formula one car, or driving sprint cars with adults at 10. t have no problems with kids doing things they are trained to do. I watch gymnastic's kids engage in what would be very dangerous activity for an untrained kid., and which you as an adult could not even fathom. Again, I think a Red Ryder or small .22 is something perfectly appropriate for a young kid. A full auto is not. Really, there is anything debatable?

Hell, statistically, BICYCLES, are more deadly than all of the above. Maybe we should ban them because a 9-year old kid playing in traffic is a great idea.

I never said that bikes or any type of guns for kids (air rifle, .22, 410) should be banned. I have no problem with age appropriate bikes or guns being used by children. My problem is stupid adults, who claim to be responsible gun owners and instructors doing stupid stuff. And this is a stupid argument. Nearly every child in the country has a bicycle and they use it far more regularly than the relatively tiny group of kids who shoot uzi's full auto. Just using absolute accident statistics without reference to the users or frequency of use is just stupid.

Let's see now...

And again, letting a 9 year old girl ride a bicycle has nothing to do with responsible transportation ownership. It's the same illogical **** that makes me annoyed at bike dealers and industry trade shows/freak shows. A 9 year old shouldn't be riding anything other than a tricycle on a sidewalk. Doing dumb provocative reckless stuff with untrained people/kids and bicycles isn't about rights, the Constitution, or flipping off the liberal nanny state. It's just stupid and fuels the safety whacktards folks in portraying responsible bike owners as fringe lunatics. Because it's completely indefensible. And if you let a 9 year old ride a bicycle, you are a fringe lunatic. I'm all about rights, but with rights comes some degree of responsibility. I have a girl who's almost 9, and she is only allowed to ride on residential streets with 6,000 sport utility vehicles, not cross busy streets with semi-trucks on them.

Again, your argument makes no sense. The analogy would be letting a child engage in an adult activity. We don't let children drive cars on public streets, even if we could modify the car for a child to use. My kids had air rifles at age 9, and they enjoyed shooting them. They played Pop Warner Football, rode dirt bikes, and water skied. They didn't drive cars, drink beer, or operate adult sized machinery. Given the rare number of kids who shoot automatic weapons--ever; there seems to be a disproportionate number of accidents relative to adults who use full auto weapons safely. For an adult, shooting a full auto weapon like an uzi that shoots pistol rounds is not exactly a taxing activity that has any real degree of danger. For a child, unfamiliar with an auto weapon, and lacking maturity when it starts to rise, its dangerous. No offense Campy, but I am one of the guys that responsible gun owners want on their side. I firmly believe in the rights of adults to have weapons and use them responsibly. But I don't believe that they are political props; and I don't think that adult military style weapons are appropriate for children. By defending ridiculous freak show behavior, you hurt the cause.
Right, the only thing that will stop a bad 9 year old girl with a full auto Uzi is a good 9 year old girl with a full auto Uzi.
 

Similar threads