big-smile.png

Rammstein with Marilyn Manson!!!
cool.png

0.jpg

Quote by Volnix:
"Rammstein with Marilyn Manson!!!
cool.png
"

I used to live in and race for a team that was in the same area he came from. Sadly, he was more successful than me!

Quote by Kopride:
"Again, your argument makes no sense. The analogy would be letting a child engage in an adult activity."

Who the activity was designed for is irrelevant to the statistical result. Thousands of kids are injured or die on bicycles each year. We need to ban bicycles. Even if it only daves the life of one, poor, innocent child.

"We don't let children drive cars on public streets, even if we could modify the car for a child to use."

15-1/2 here in Ohio. That's a child. And the mayhem on our streets is backed up by the stats.

"My kids had air rifles at age 9, and they enjoyed shooting them. They played Pop Warner Football, rode dirt bikes, and water skied. They didn't drive cars, drink beer, or operate adult sized machinery."

All good.

"Given the rare number of kids who shoot automatic weapons--ever; there seems to be a disproportionate number of accidents relative to adults who use full auto weapons safely."

Rare? You never went to Knob Creek or Bulletfest or any of the big machineguns shoots, did you?

Of course, I could tell you about the two young boys I went to school with that died during hunting season. One had the back of his head hit by a swinging rabbit gun. A shotgun. The other was killed during deer season, being mistaken for a deer by another boy.

"For an adult, shooting a full auto weapon like an uzi that shoots pistol rounds is not exactly a taxing activity that has any real degree of danger. For a child, unfamiliar with an auto weapon, and lacking maturity when it starts to rise, its dangerous."

It 'can' be dangerous. It can also be very safe and most often does NOT result in headline news.

No offense Campy, but I am one of the guys that responsible gun owners want on their side. I firmly believe in the rights of adults to have weapons and use them responsibly. But I don't believe that they are political props; and I don't think that adult military style weapons are appropriate for children. By defending ridiculous freak show behavior, you hurt the cause.

People of any age having fun shooting machineguns is not freak show behavior.

This is freak show behavior:

0.jpg

Clearly, we need to ban bicycles. And Democrats.

And just to make life really, really safe...let's consider legislating, codifying, criminalizing and mocking general stoopidity.

0.jpg

Quote by Volnix:
"This thread is a -major- shipwreck!"

A titanium Titanic? If that's the case, I charge you with speeding, wrecklessly running red lights, running icebergs AND being over the legal BAC while at the helm!

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Quote by Volnix:
"This thread is a -major- shipwreck!"

A titanium Titanic? If that's the case, I charge you with speeding, wrecklessly running red lights, running icebergs AND being over the legal BAC while at the helm!
You left out running guns, selling firewater to the Indians and contributing to the delinquency of a 9 year old, which is considered a minor everywhere but maybe Kentucky.

Rare? You never went to Knob Creek or Bulletfest or any of the big machineguns shoots, did you?

No. Again, the part of gun culture that involves gratuitous nonsense, I have a hard time stomaching. And I love in no particular order: air shows, tractor pulls, super cross, enduros hare scrambles, Nascar, drag races, etc. I have a high tolerance for rednecks having fun. And I would defend the rights of adults to shoot anything they want for fun. Compared to the number of kids riding bikes and the hours that bikes are ridden in this country, the number, frequency and time that 9 year old girls spend shooting full auto Uzis is incredibly rare. I can see the value of young kids doing risky stuff. If you spend any time with the kids who are racing dirt bikes, I am always amazed at their ability to work on their bike, understand the sport, and responsibility well beyond the kid who plays 30 minutes of soccer and waits for mom to give him a snack and a participation trophy. They are great kids and they have invested a great amount of time learning and doing their sport. And yes, there are kids who have accidents who get seriously hurt. Kid's shooting full auto weapons, I'm just not with you. It's freak show stuff. It doesn't teach any particular skill. It doesn't demonstrate any talent. The kid who spends hours learning a skateboard trick--even if you can't appreciate the trick--has at least learned perseverance and demonstrated effort to learn a skill. At many air shows, the Marines used to set up a tent that had a video screen and simulated auto weapons, it was a blast and my kids always enjoyed visiting the Marine tent. I am not sure that letting them handle a real full auto weapon would add to the experience in any significant way.

Of course, I could tell you about the two young boys I went to school with that died during hunting season. One had the back of his head hit by a swinging rabbit gun. A shotgun. The other was killed during deer season, being mistaken for a deer by another boy.

Yep, hunting accidents, while rare, are also part of hunting. They are tragic and can be reduced or minimized by teaching responsible hunting behavior and habits; but they will never be eliminated entirely. There are lots of socially redeeming skills and experiences emanating from hunting that offset that risk. Given the number of kids who are hunting every year, the hours spent hunting, the risk is reasonable. And yes, I'm not convinced that the risk of driving out to the hunting area doesn't far outweigh the risk of hunting. Being around the water to fish, even on a dock, involves risk. I get it. Life involves risk. But risking lives to entertain kids with full auto weapons has no real benefit to justify the risk. There is lots of risky behavior that is fun. Teenage unprotected sex is fun. Recreational drugs are fun. My problem with gun nut behavior, is that nutty behavior, like allowing a child to engage in a potentially fatal adult behavior, doesn't become less nutty just because it involves a gun. Shooting a full auto weapon at a range doesn't require fitness, effort, practice, or perseverance. It demonstrates nothing more than the fact that the kid has an irresponsible idiotic parent.

But when I say that I don't like gun show culture, or machine gun shooting, it's the same issue. When you glorify the lethality of weapons, or killing power, as a virtue, you lose me. I understand that we believe in American Exceptionalism, but even countries that have a hallowed history and experience with private firearm ownership, don't let children play with full auto weapons. Guns are not toys. Once upon a time, there was a real respect for firearms, hunting, and the idea of home protection, along with a long hallowed tradition of teaching responsible gun ownership passed down from father to children. It has everything to teaching kids to respect firearms and teaching responsibility. It has nothing to do with letting 9 year old girls fire full auto weapons.

If you don't see that, don't be surprised if there aren't a whole lot of people that move from my position, which is that it is grossly irresponsible behavior that should not be celebrated and should be condemned by responsible gun owners, to the position that the Gum'mint needs to ban these activities. I am never in favor of Gov'mint banning--because my assumption is that ordinary people, by and by, have more common sense and responsibility than the Gov'mint. But I guess that I should never underestimate the stupidity and irresponsibility of some people. They make the case that ordinary people cannot create and enforce their own standards of responsible behavior. Don't make their case for them.

Aaargh!
big-smile.png

Pirates:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091757/

Would a titanium Titanic had sank slower than a all steel one that sank? Lets see who can say: "titanium titanic" ten times real fast and get through it without blubbering it.

Originally Posted by Froze
You along with another poster here I no longer have respect for so you can go on and yap to yourself.

Wow, you are using -actual paragraphs- and not that monolithic - psychotic writing style you usually use, you angry or something?
big-smile.png

Quote by JH: "You left out running guns, selling firewater to the Indians and contributing to the delinquency of a 9 year old, which is considered a minor everywhere but maybe Kentucky." In Soviet West Virginia, 9-year old girl marry YOU!

Quote by Kopride:
"No. Again, the part of gun culture that involves gratuitous nonsense, I have a hard time stomaching."

That's un-American and borders on communism!

"And I love in no particular order: air shows,"

Are you a female?

"tractor pulls,"

Damnit! It is a female!

"super cross,"

Probably one of them thar cross-dressers! And possibly a Democrat!

"enduros hare scrambles,"

I suppose ya don't like the vintage classes either?

"Nascar,"

War has been declared over less!!! Pocono hereby secedes!

"drag races,"

Yer some sort of drag queen, aren't ya? Now, if'n you had mentioned them gay trials riders, we would be in agreement!

etc. I have a high tolerance for rednecks having fun.

Whew! I thought you was serious there for a minute. Here...have a Bud Light.

"And I would defend the rights of adults to shoot anything they want for fun."

ISIS terrorists would be a good start!

Compared to the number of kids riding bikes and the hours that bikes are ridden in this country, the number, frequency and time that 9 year old girls spend shooting full auto Uzis is incredibly rare. I can see the value of young kids doing risky stuff. If you spend any time with the kids who are racing dirt bikes, I am always amazed at their ability to work on their bike, understand the sport, and responsibility well beyond the kid who plays 30 minutes of soccer and waits for mom to give him a snack and a participation trophy.

If a 9-year old can race an 80 cc or 100 cc crosser, they can certainly control an UZI. The issue is...instruction and practice. Oh yeah, MX injures thousands of kids seriously every year. We need to ban it. Kids have no business on a motorized bike of any displacement.

"They are great kids and they have invested a great amount of time learning and doing their sport. And yes, there are kids who have accidents who get seriously hurt. Kid's shooting full auto weapons, I'm just not with you. It's freak show stuff."

No it isn't. Just because you think it is doesn't make it so.

"It doesn't teach any particular skill. It doesn't demonstrate any talent."

Does everything in life need to instruct or result in a skill? If so, my criterium daze were all wasted time. I guess all that fun was wasted.

Did you ever do just one damned thing in your miserable existence just for fun??? I'll bet your a riot at parties.

"The kid who spends hours learning a skateboard trick--even if you can't appreciate the trick--has at least learned perseverance and demonstrated effort to learn a skill."

And cracked his nutz to the point of sterility while learning it. At least he had some fun.

"At many air shows, the Marines used to set up a tent that had a video screen and simulated auto weapons, it was a blast and my kids always enjoyed visiting the Marine tent. I am not sure that letting them handle a real full auto weapon would add to the experience in any significant way."

I went to the Simulated Sex tent one time...er...not the same. Some folks live life through the screen of a video game. Some actually experience the real thing. It's a Brave New World out there.

"Yep, hunting accidents, while rare, are also part of hunting. They are tragic and can be reduced or minimized by teaching responsible hunting behavior and habits; but they will never be eliminated entirely."

Gee. That's the same thing that could be said about kids (and adults) shooting select-fire weapons. Or riding bicycles.

"There are lots of socially redeeming skills and experiences emanating from hunting that offset that risk."

Oh. I see. It all comes down to what you believe to be "socially redeeming" skills. Gotcha. Maybe this afternoon I'll work on my RR track jumping mad skillz. It's socially redeeming...not that the society I see around me can be redeemed.

"Given the number of kids who are hunting every year, the hours spent hunting, the risk is reasonable. And yes, I'm not convinced that the risk of driving out to the hunting area doesn't far outweigh the risk of hunting. Being around the water to fish, even on a dock, involves risk. I get it. Life involves risk. But risking lives to entertain kids with full auto weapons has no real benefit to justify the risk."

To YOU. Evidently much of America does not think much of your risk/reward analysis.

There is lots of risky behavior that is fun. Teenage unprotected sex is fun. Recreational drugs are fun. My problem with gun nut behavior, is that nutty behavior, like allowing a child to engage in a potentially fatal adult behavior, doesn't become less nutty just because it involves a gun.

Or an MX bike?

"Shooting a full auto weapon at a range doesn't require fitness, effort, practice, or perseverance."

Who the **** cares??? Neither does becoming a...lawyer.

"It demonstrates nothing more than the fact that the kid has an irresponsible idiotic parent."

I would really enjoy seeing you go up and down the firing line at a machinegun shoot telling the fathers that are teaching their children to shoot select-fire weapons just those very words. Would it annoy you if I recorded the ensuing fun on video?

"But when I say that I don't like gun show culture, or machine gun shooting, it's the same issue. When you glorify the lethality of weapons, or killing power, as a virtue, you lose me. "

Yes. We know that.

"I understand that we believe in American Exceptionalism, but even countries that have a hallowed history and experience with private firearm ownership, don't let children play with full auto weapons. Guns are not toys. Once upon a time, there was a real respect for firearms, hunting, and the idea of home protection, along with a long hallowed tradition of teaching responsible gun ownership passed down from father to children. It has everything to teaching kids to respect firearms and teaching responsibility. It has nothing to do with letting 9 year old girls fire full auto weapons."

Actually, it does.

"If you don't see that, don't be surprised if there aren't a whole lot of people that move from my position, which is that it is grossly irresponsible behavior that should not be celebrated and should be condemned by responsible gun owners, to the position that the Gum'mint needs to ban these activities. I am never in favor of Gov'mint banning--because my assumption is that ordinary people, by and by, have more common sense and responsibility than the Gov'mint. But I guess that I should never underestimate the stupidity and irresponsibility of some people."

'We', long ago, gave up caring what other people think.

"They make the case that ordinary people cannot create and enforce their own standards of responsible behavior. Don't make their case for them."

Er...I believe it has been YOU that is "making the case" counselor.

Here's a dad with his 10-year old daughter that disagrees with your ideas about society, firearms, freedom and The American Way!

0.jpg

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by Kopride: "No. Again, the part of gun culture that involves gratuitous nonsense, I have a hard time stomaching."
Very funny response even with all the trolling. I actually do love the vintage classes. I do forget that the age of consent where most of these accidents happen is age 9, and I guess if these girls are old enough to have sex with their close relatives, then shooting full auto weapons with them is probably less of an issue. Your point that much of the distaste over other folks "hobbies" is related to class and/ or sensibilities is a fair one. But rural redneck have the same issue. Anything that minority urban folks do for fun is judged, labelled, and mocked. Somehow I don't think videos of Big G taking Little G to the range to fire a Mac 10 at mock ups of the Po-leese would be celebrated by the same gun culture. Hey, it's just fun right? More importantly, just like its fair to judge someone who rides a cheap K-Mart bike that is a POC, it's fair to judge anyone with a MAC 10 in their collection. An Uzi is at least a quality weapon. When the SHTF, the Mac10 toting folks will be useless.

Quote by Kopride:
Very funny response even with all the trolling."

By Jove, I think he's got it!

"I actually do love the vintage classes."

Have I got the gift, or what?!

"I do forget that the age of consent where most of these accidents happen is age 9, and I guess if these girls are old enough to have sex with their close relatives, then shooting full auto weapons with them is probably less of an issue."

The 9-year old's father shot the Uzi right before his daughter had her turn. But, perhaps you should explain her sexual history to him. I mean, it's what folks with class and sensibility do. Amirite? Again, please allow to film that discussion.

In Nevada, the AOC is 16. It's the same in Ohio and in Pennsytltucky. Say...Ohio and Nevada both permit cousin's marrying if they aren't going to bear children! Cool! Who knew? You poor bastages in Pennsyltucky have to hope you can convince a second cuz to get hitched to!

"Your point that much of the distaste over other folks "hobbies" is related to class and/ or sensibilities is a fair one. But rural redneck have the same issue."

Look. Your high-brow Romanian dwarf **** is fine by me! Who am I to judge?

"Anything that minority urban folks do for fun is judged, labelled, and mocked."

Nah! Usually we just ignore them cuz we ain't got no rhythm and we had our pants falling down first anyhows...beer bellies and all that cracker stuff.

"Somehow I don't think videos of Big G taking Little G to the range to fire a Mac 10 at mock ups of the Po-leese would be celebrated by the same gun culture. Hey, it's just fun right?"

I don't think you've ever had a day of fun in your whole life. At least that's what Sheryl told me.

"More importantly, just like its fair to judge someone who rides a cheap K-Mart bike that is a POC, it's fair to judge anyone with a MAC 10 in their collection. An Uzi is at least a quality weapon. When the SHTF, the Mac10 toting folks will be useless."

At LAST!!! He says something close to reality! MAC's are the reason ghetto death tolls are as low as they are. God help Detroit and Shitcago if the Kalshnikov ever becomes all the rage among gangstas.

At LAST!!! He says something close to reality! MAC's are the reason ghetto death tolls are as low as they are. God help Detroit and Shitcago if the Kalshnikov ever becomes all the rage among gangstas.
Well, and the fact they don't have these:

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/08/22/sideways_gun_sight.jpg

Those "homeboy" sights have got to be the best things I have ever seen... the homeboys of Chiraq had better not get a hold of them. And by the way, how on earth did this thread get on this subject? Carbon bikes people, carbon bikes.

JPR95, I KNEW that was going to be HomeBoy Nyte Sytes before I even clicked!

JH, tell your wife that we are ALL proud of her!

Oh yeah...I rode my carbon plastic won't-make-it-through-the-magnetic-pulse bike this afternoon. And tomorrow morning it gets stress tested in a death-defying, high speed, high-risk event with spills and chills and thrills galore no person with...what was that...oh yeah..."sensibilities and class" would enter.

But, I ain't gots no damned class! And people that make no damned sense can have that sensibility ****.

Now hold my beer and watch this! Ima gonna have me some fun before I shuffle off to Buffalo. Let the preppies, yuppies, idjuts in sensible shoes and doofuses stand on the sidelines and cheer my skinny ass on!