An Article About Carbon Bikes

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by froze: "Speaking of roundabouts, I don't get these things, we have two in this town and they are indeed demolition derby circles, yet the city says they're safer and are building more." Same in my area. Tow truck companies love them. The local immature kiddies enjoy bouncing their cars off the curbs and bending those $500-a-pop double-deuces into pretzels. The Yuropeeons are much better at them than us'n 'Muricans...oh wait... ...and you hardly ever hear of a cyclist killed in one... Quote by Swami: "We have a couple in town and one of them is small enough to get the tires screaming at 7,500rpm in first gear in the S2000 if I really want to loon around it. That gives another 1,500rpm of sayonara Mr fat American pig car when exiting said roundabout." Well, now we know why you don't need booze to drive like a moron. How many Wreckless Op citations have you paid for endangering the public and using public roads as your slalom course? Brilliant! Perhaps you better go back to drinking heavily and finish the job you started. You sound just like our local mullet-wearing, Camaro-driving billhillys...except for that gay S2000 thing.
S2000's are only gay if you rev it about as high as you guys on the 1930's tech two wheeled tractors. No tickets other than the odd speeding ticket on the freeway. Don't speed around town. I do have a restored 67 Camaro in the garage with a 502ci big block that I'm fuel injecting... Ace cruising through town deafening those slow Harley riders and much fun in a straight line but with the exception of Vettes and one or two low production cars most American V8's handle like big boats and are no fun to drive on narrow twisty roads and I'll be fcuked if I'm doing another 3000+ road trip in a big V8 car with old school tech and no Air Con... As for the hillbillies doing shale - we have a big presence in shale and tar sands and our safety stats are pretty damned good. You need to tell y'all folk out there to use the right tools for the job and to stop smoking while extracting hydrocarbon or producing moonshine. Fracking - it's not something you do naked with your inlaws in the wood shed. Either way, the earth may move for you while doing either.

Quote by Swami:
" Ace cruising through town deafening..."

So...you not only drive like a moron, you violate noise ordinances while doing so. Brilliant!

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by Swami: " Ace cruising through town deafening..." So...you not only drive like a moron, you violate noise ordinances while doing so. Brilliant!
Damn straight! Noise ordinances are only broken when the gas pedal is mashed to the carpet. While Harley's can ride on wide open throttle for about half an hour in a given gear to get to 60mph, the Camaro only takes a few seconds. Cops generally can't figure out how to stop chewing their donuts and stick their head out of the window in time to pinpoint the blue noise maker. Don't forget exceeding the speed limit on mountain descents on the bicycle. If I wanted to run the cars really hard again I'll get my SCCA membership renewed and start racing again. Would probably get a good 125cc shifter kart rather than messing around putting a ton of money into a car that'll nearly always be slower. The S2000 is too fast to really have some good fun in nearly all situations given the cars silly gearing but putting on some less grippy tires (all seasons rather than ultra high performance summer or DOT track tires) allows fun that takes advantage of the 1st gen S2000 tail happy suspension geometry at legal speeds.

Originally Posted by swampy1970

S2000's are only gay if you rev it about as high as you guys on the 1930's tech two wheeled tractors.

No tickets other than the odd speeding ticket on the freeway. Don't speed around town.

I do have a restored 67 Camaro in the garage with a 502ci big block that I'm fuel injecting... Ace cruising through town deafening those slow Harley riders and much fun in a straight line but with the exception of Vettes and one or two low production cars most American V8's handle like big boats and are no fun to drive on narrow twisty roads and I'll be fcuked if I'm doing another 3000+ road trip in a big V8 car with old school tech and no Air Con...

As for the hillbillies doing shale - we have a big presence in shale and tar sands and our safety stats are pretty damned good. You need to tell y'all folk out there to use the right tools for the job and to stop smoking while extracting hydrocarbon or producing moonshine.

Fracking - it's not something you do naked with your inlaws in the wood shed. Either way, the earth may move for you while doing either.
I'm not sure how the Honda S2000 got associated with being "gay", I associate the Smart car as being a "gay" car but certainly not the Honda S2000.

And Camaros are for hillbillies, that's as naive as the "gay" comment referring to the Honda S2000.

Besides, former President Jimmy Carter was a hillbilly...

If you drive an S2000 like a hairdresser and never make it over 4,000 then it's, OK you, are gay. It's only a fun car if you get it on the big cam when you get over 6,000rpm. Under that it's just an overweight Miata but less fun due to the extra 700lb heft.

Hillbilly Camaros - that'd be the 2nd gen F-Bodies...

Camaro = hillbilly. And they have not built a V8 with enough displacement to compensate for the gayness of a Miata or S2000.

Fart can...wing...kanji decals...LED lights...faux carbon fiber...bling...the gay.

Quote by Swami:
"Fracking - it's not something you do naked with your inlaws in the wood shed. Either way, the earth may move for you while doing either."

OMGWFBBQ! LMFAO! A fracking joke! Never heard that one before!

Wait...yeah...I have.

Maybe you have some Ebola jokes you can lay on us?

Let me correct you guys on something . Camaro = Redneck. Jed Clampette was a Hillbilly and I am probably a Hillbilly but would not drive a Camaro although some of the older ones are pretty classic. Please note the difference in Hillbilly, redneck or good old boy.

Originally Posted by jhuskey
Let me correct you guys on something . Camaro = Redneck. Jed Clampette was a Hillbilly and I am probably a Hillbilly but would not drive a Camaro although some of the older ones are pretty classic. Please note the difference in Hillbilly, redneck or good old boy.

What's "Gypsy"?
big-smile.png

Around here is:

Normal Gypsy: (Note the storage area for transporting children for sale).

Drug dealing Gypsy:

Note the "totally badass" dark glass which also hides the Gypsy from the "Po-leese" (ha! I'm saying that too now.
big-smile.png
)

Gay?

There is nothing more Gay then the Peugeot 207cc.
big-smile.png
Except maybe those "***** Riot" girls. (Wonder if they made any new "films" in jail
big-smile.png
).

Quote by JH:
"Let me correct you guys on something . Camaro = Redneck."

True dat!

"Jed Clampette was a Hillbilly"

So...he was a French hillbilly?

"and I am probably a Hillbilly but would not drive a Camaro"

Even hillbillies have 'sensibilities'.

"although some of the older ones are pretty classic."

Aside from Mark Donahue's old Penske No. 6...no.

"Please note the difference in Hillbilly, redneck or good old boy."

Usually, the classes are distinguished by the length of the mullet or if'n a Duck Dynasty recliner chair is in the garage.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Quote by JH:
"Let me correct you guys on something . Camaro = Redneck."

True dat!

"Jed Clampette was a Hillbilly"

So...he was a French hillbilly?

"and I am probably a Hillbilly but would not drive a Camaro"

Even hillbillies have 'sensibilities'.

"although some of the older ones are pretty classic."

Aside from Mark Donahue's old Penske No. 6...no.

"Please note the difference in Hillbilly, redneck or good old boy."

Usually, the classes are distinguished by the length of the mullet or if'n a Duck Dynasty recliner chair is in the garage.
Also whether the refrigerator is on the front or back porch which also includes the classification of "white trash" which could encompass the whole spectrum of classless classes.
I do have a Ford Bronco II in my collection of vehicles. I think that gives me at least an invitation for membership in one of the above mentioned groups.

I bought a Lynskey because I'm a hillbilly and only want to do business with the good of boys in Tennessee.

Originally Posted by Froze
Canz Iz buy sum of dat corn whiskey from ye?

Mead:

"Making people drunk since 7000BC".
big-smile.png

Do you even honey brew?
big-smile.png

Enjoy Rezponzibly...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mead

Recipes:

http://www.stormthecastle.com/mead/mead-recipes.htm

Originally Posted by jhuskey
Also whether the refrigerator is on the front or back porch which also includes the classification of "white trash" which could encompass the whole spectrum of classless classes.
I do have a Ford Bronco II in my collection of vehicles. I think that gives me at least an invitation for membership in one of the above mentioned groups.
I use to own a Bronco II, I actually liked the vehicle even though most people I ever talked to that owned them said they had problems, I never had any issues with the vehicle until the plastic radiator tank blew apart at 248,000 miles while climbing Grapevine in California on hwy 5 with an outside temperature of 95 which instantly pegged my temperature gauge while in the fast lane so it took a bit to get over the lanes to the emergency lane. After that incident the engine knocked and the vehicle was sold.

I also have a small collection of classic cars, the 2nd least valuable one I have is a...ready for this? a 1979 Camaro Z28...my hillbilly car that I owned for about 8 years. My least valuable is a 72 Chrysler Newport with a 440 that I got 2 years ago with very low miles but needed paint; the others are a 67 Ford Galaxy 500 convertible I got 16 years ago, a 63 Studebaker Avanti Supercharged I got about 32 years ago, and a 58 Plymouth Fury 350 Golden Commando 2 dr which I had now for over 35 years. Those last 3 are kept at a friends place who collects a lot of cars, (23 or 24!) and has a climate controlled pole barn he built for them. I got the 63 and the 58 really cheap because back then they didn't sell for much plus got great deals on them. Prices on classics have dropped so I might try to find another which I do have my eyeball on a 69 Mercury Cyclone that is a bit rough but doable in price but I'm hoping he'll come down more in order to make it worth while for me to restore financially; so far he hasn't moved downward but he hasn't been able to sell it at the price he wants for about a year now, he knows I'm interested but only with the offer I gave him...time will tell.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Camaro = hillbilly. And they have not built a V8 with enough displacement to compensate for the gayness of a Miata or S2000.

Fart can...wing...kanji decals...LED lights...faux carbon fiber...bling...the gay.

Quote by Swami:
"Fracking - it's not something you do naked with your inlaws in the wood shed. Either way, the earth may move for you while doing either."

OMGWFBBQ! LMFAO! A fracking joke! Never heard that one before!

Wait...yeah...I have.

Maybe you have some Ebola jokes you can lay on us?

My personal opinion of a gay car is the Smart Car, Fiat, BMW Mini, any Volvo, VW, or Saab, Mazda Miata, and Nissan Cube.

Originally Posted by Froze

My personal opinion of a gay car is the Smart Car, Fiat, BMW Mini, any Volvo, VW, or Saab, Mazda Miata, and Nissan Cube.

There is a VW that I like alot: Some Volvos are not that bad.

Phaeton, S60:

CAMPYBOB said:
Camaro = hillbilly. And they have not built a V8 with enough displacement to compensate for the gayness of a Miata or S2000. Fart can...wing...kanji decals...LED lights...faux carbon fiber...bling...the gay. Quote by Swami: "Fracking - it's not something you do naked with your inlaws in the wood shed. Either way, the earth may move for you while doing either." OMGWFBBQ! LMFAO! A fracking joke! Never heard that one before! Wait...yeah...I have. Maybe you have some Ebola jokes you can lay on us?
No fart cans, LED lights and such none sense - the thought of removing most of the interior and unnecessary foo-foo junk to lighten the load by a few hundred pounds has crossed my mind. It'd never get as light as my old Miata that a used to race though. Now that Commiefornia no longer tests emmisions at the exhaust, some internal engine mods make take place :) Every time to sit on the can and take a dump, I bet your entire State thinks there's a massive fracking event going on... The only Ebola joke I have regards yo mamma and a beautician - but kids visit these pages so it's best left unsaid...