An Article About Carbon Bikes

Froze said:
I bought a Lynskey because I'm a hillbilly and only want to do business with the good of boys in Tennessee.
And when the time comes, I'm going with Independent Fabrication from the "Live Free or Die" state immediately north of here. :big-smile:

Originally Posted by Froze

I go back to my earlier statement, they look gay to me! LOL

Do they?
big-smile.png
So you need something that -doesn't- look gay?
big-smile.png

0.jpg

Froze said:
My personal opinion of a gay car is the Smart Car, Fiat, BMW Mini, any Volvo, VW, or Saab, Mazda Miata, and Nissan Cube.
The most raced car in America at the race tracks is the Mazda Miata / MX-5. Developed as a reliable and cheaper Lotus Élan S2 it's been thrashed in open classes and series such as Spec Miata for the last 24 years.

Originally Posted by swampy1970

The most raced car in America at the race tracks is the Mazda Miata / MX-5. Developed as a reliable and cheaper Lotus Élan S2 it's been thrashed in open classes and series such as Spec Miata for the last 24 years.

Cheaper Lotus?
smile.png

I much prefer the Lotus over the gay Miata no matter how much the Miata is raced it's gay gay gay.
By the way the newer breed of Lotus are mechanically engineered by Toyota, so much for reliability issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froze .
By the way the newer breed of Lotus are mechanically engineered by Toyota, so much for reliability issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by Froze .
I much prefer the Lotus over the gay Miata no matter how much the Miata is raced it's gay gay gay.

That's not a Miata (MX 5) it's a Toyota MR2, apparently the model of 2014 or something.

The MR2 was designed in cooperation with Lotus.

The Lotus Elise has a Toyota engine.

It's a really nice and fun car... If you don't need 4 seats. Or storage space. Or a car that has the engine in an accessible place.
big-smile.png

Lotus cars are engineered by Lotus. The Elise only picked up the Toyota engine because the Rover K-Series engine from the first Elise had never been certified for emissions in the US and Lotus didn't want to deal with that. Lotus already, as a race team, worked with Yamaha, who flowed the cylinder heads on the VVT engine for Toyota and had info on what improvements could be made for the high performance variants of the car. Lotus had asked Honda to work with them, but just like with Gordon Murray and the original McLaren F1, Honda told them to feck off.

Originally Posted by Volnix

That's not a Miata (MX 5) it's a Toyota MR2, apparently the model of 2014 or something.

The MR2 was designed in cooperation with Lotus.

The Lotus Elise has a Toyota engine.

It's a really nice and fun car... If you don't need 4 seats. Or storage space. Or a car that has the engine in an accessible place.
big-smile.png

The second gen MR2's were a pig to work on. I wanted the turbo version until a friend that had one had to do a timing belt change. Holy mother of ****tarded designs.

At least the one above had most of the interior gubbin's seemingly blasted out by a small explosive. Access looks good!

What engine are they stuffing in the one above?

The second gen MR2's were a pig to work on. I wanted the turbo version until a friend that had one had to do a timing belt change. Holy mother of ****tarded designs.

At least the one above had most of the interior gubbin's seemingly blasted out by a small explosive. Access looks good!

What engine are they stuffing in the one above?

They say that the engine is in the middle in order to improve the handling or something?

No idea... The picture just showed up on google for "MR2 mid-placed engine" or something.

Actually searching for MR2 in google gives some additional info, as to what was designed by Lotus etc.

All the new Lotus Elise cars have Toyota engines.

But... The MR2 stopped production in 2007. So what is that car??? :
big-smile.png

It showed up on google for "Toyota MR2 2014".
big-smile.png

The new Miata. Not gay.

I haven't checked if it's available in pink, but MX-5's are one of the most boring convertibles there are... and the Chrysler ones.

How did they manage to make a convertible boring?

Mmmm, wild!
big-smile.png

You need to learn how to drive fast and you'll appreciate that less is more. Less weight, less driver aids and ECU intervention and more fun. It's a great chassis that just begs to be thrashed to within an inch of its life. Add some moderately wider wheels and stickier tires and it's ace. I miss my old '94. 2070lbs of fun in race trim. The engines have always been reliable but lacking go. The 1.8's in the first and second gen cars were non-interference so you could pop a timing belt at nearly 8,000rpm and you'd only be looking at a couple of hundred bucks for a new belt and while you're in there you might as well do the water pump too. Once you get the airbox out of the way there's a ton of room in the engine bay to work on things - not that you ever have to and for the guys that race in a recognized racing series or events, Mazda provides parts and Mazdaspeed race only parts for dirt cheap - less that the local Mazda dealers can get at cost. That orange mica colored Miata looks like a Sport. Torsen LSD, no air con, updated Bilstein shocks especially valved for the Miata with marginally stiffer springs and a few other goodies designed for fun rather than flash. The car that replaced my 94 that was rear ended on the freeway was a 99 sport. It never got raced and was sold as I had decided to get back on the bike.

Quote by Froze:
"My personal opinion of a gay car is the Smart Car, Fiat, BMW Mini, any Volvo, VW, or Saab, Mazda Miata, and Nissan Cube."

Yeah, pretty much all of the above.

We can add Poojoe, Sit-Trone and Rain-No to that list.

I didn't realize that cars had sexual orientation. Are they manufactured that way or are they products of their environment?

Well...if you have to ask...

I do understand that what happens in Tennessee stays in Tennessee.

I'm pretty sure the Fiat 500 original and retro were both born that way...

Made of Mullet Love...Just add Nitrous...

You need to learn how to drive fast and you'll appreciate that less is more. Less weight, less driver aids and ECU intervention and more fun. It's a great chassis that just begs to be thrashed to within an inch of its life. Add some moderately wider wheels and stickier tires and it's ace. I miss my old '94. 2070lbs of fun in race trim.

The engines have always been reliable but lacking go. The 1.8's in the first and second gen cars were non-interference so you could pop a timing belt at nearly 8,000rpm and you'd only be looking at a couple of hundred bucks for a new belt and while you're in there you might as well do the water pump too.

Once you get the airbox out of the way there's a ton of room in the engine bay to work on things - not that you ever have to and for the guys that race in a recognized racing series or events, Mazda provides parts and Mazdaspeed race only parts for dirt cheap - less that the local Mazda dealers can get at cost.

That orange mica colored Miata looks like a Sport. Torsen LSD, no air con, updated Bilstein shocks especially valved for the Miata with marginally stiffer springs and a few other goodies designed for fun rather than flash. The car that replaced my 94 that was rear ended on the freeway was a 99 sport. It never got raced and was sold as I had decided to get back on the bike.

The MX-5 is a convertible... So it's actually -heavier- then a fixed roof car. As are the convertible Lambos, Ferraris etc. It should also handle -worst- then a fixed roof car due to the load paths.

I always thought of it as a convertible for young minded people who are afraid of sharp edges.
big-smile.png

It looks like a pile of plasticine.
big-smile.png

Haven't checked the physics of the frame, it doesn't look "flippy" like these small SUV's and tall compact cars, but it doesn't look like a Porsche either.

Maybe a bit like a Caterham with bodywork?
big-smile.png

It's a convertible, Volnix ;)

big-smile.png

My 94 Miata was 2070lbs with 1/4 tank of gas and ready to run. I don't know of any current mass production car that is that light, so your argument of "it weighs more" it moot. Compare that to the 2,800lbs of an early S2000. The last version of the Elise weighed in at ~1900lbs for the base model cars that came without air conditioning.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
I'm pretty sure the Fiat 500 original and retro were both born that way...

Made of Mullet Love...Just add Nitrous...

All of those will get you and your Harley embossed assless chaps to the Blue Oyster Bar, Bob. Bobb.