An early birthday present!

slgeo1

Jul 7, 2005
Tim got me an early birthday present this year. I've been training up for the "Around the Bay" event in Melbourne Australia and doing pretty well. I was talking to someone more experienced on my team though and they suggested that I'd enjoy the event a lot more if I got something a bit better than flat pedals...

So today Tim got me Shimano SPD shoes & pedals! Yipee! Now I can fall over a lot! hehehe I'm sure I'll get used to them in time for the event (still 1.5 months to go).

Anyway, I just wanted to share the happy news :)

-- Sarah

Don't worry, within a month you'll never dream of riding anywhere seriously without clipless pedals. :)

After two years of "maybe-almost-coulda-shoulda-woulda" putting it off, I'm doing the ATB with a team from a friend's work. Three digit distance numbers starting with '2' still scare me though...

It won't take you a month. Just a couple of ride and you'll get the hang of it. I just started my brother in cycling too as well...with clipless pedals. Within a ride or two he's got it.

rek said:
Don't worry, within a month you'll never dream of riding anywhere seriously without clipless pedals. :)

After two years of "maybe-almost-coulda-shoulda-woulda" putting it off, I'm doing the ATB with a team from a friend's work. Three digit distance numbers starting with '2' still scare me though...
ATB doesn't *require* the 217km distance; they have a 100km and a 50km version of the event too. I'm doing the 50km version since I'm a beginner but it does sound more impressive to just say "ATB" hehehe

I dropped the cages about three months ago and picked up some clipless pedals. I will echo what a previous poster said. You will never go back once you get used to them. After a few practice runs you should be good to go.