Professional Cycling · Public discussion

An honest question if I may

Started by DwayneD · · Last activity · 5 posts · 897 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Professional Cycling
Published
3 August 2006
Last activity
3 August 2006
Original author
DwayneD
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
897
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. How are the samples stored and how long does what ever you've taken stay in that sample? Floyds sample is now a week old how can you expect to get the same results as a sample tested the day it is given? This whole thing is so confusing.
    Thanks
    Dwayne

  2. DwayneD said:

    How are the samples stored and how long does what ever you've taken stay in that sample? Floyds sample is now a week old how can you expect to get the same results as a sample tested the day it is given? This whole thing is so confusing.
    Thanks
    Dwayne

    Samples are refrigerated. Also at WADA/IOC accredited labs, I believe WADA guidelines are that samples are retained for "a minimum of 3 months" after testing. I know that this information is on the WADA website. Will investigate.

    I do know that storage method can come to play. Tyler Hamilton's B sample of blood from Athens was frozen and that played into the reason why the B sample was invalidated and they couldn't strip the gold from him.

  3. DwayneD said:

    How are the samples stored and how long does what ever you've taken stay in that sample? Floyds sample is now a week old how can you expect to get the same results as a sample tested the day it is given? This whole thing is so confusing.
    Thanks
    Dwayne

    I think with time, sample will be (a little) better for Floyd.
    If it was the reverse, I think the two samples would be tested at the same time.
    But we know now lab can detect EPO in 6 years old urines, but the procedure is yet not approuved.

  4. DwayneD said:

    How are the samples stored


    Right next to the beer and Vino Blanco.

    lw

  5. lwedge said:

    Right next to the beer and Vino Blanco.

    lw

    LMAO 🙂 😄
    Not sure I'd want to drink a vino that was stored next to P..... As far as the beer goes I guess it depends on if it was American, yankee beer tastes like p... anyway, Canadian beer on the other hand rocks!
    Dwayne
    Oh Canada

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.