an idea

the holster

Sep 20, 2005
I was thinking this afternoon that someone should start a website with a power file database. Anyone who wants to send in a power file and brief description from a race can do so. Then at anytime anyone can access your file and see what happened during the race and hopefully use it to prepare for the next years edition. If I knew anything about starting a website like this I would do it, but it be great if someone wanted too, you could probably make a good deal of money
smile.gif

the holster said:
I was thinking this afternoon that someone should start a website with a power file database. Anyone who wants to send in a power file and brief description from a race can do so. Then at anytime anyone can access your file and see what happened during the race and hopefully use it to prepare for the next years edition. If I knew anything about starting a website like this I would do it, but it be great if someone wanted too, you could probably make a good deal of money
smile.gif

I've thought about this and having experience developing web sites I know it's possible. I think all that is keeping someone from doing it is the minimal return on investment since there are not many racers out there that use power and even fewer who would pay for such a service.

TrainingPeaks.com is probably the closest to having this type of technology available since they have a database of rider's power data. I would guess that they could simply add a module to their system to allow for viewing/comparison of other rider's data files.

Thorman said:
I've thought about this and having experience developing web sites I know it's possible. I think all that is keeping someone from doing it is the minimal return on investment since there are not many racers out there that use power and even fewer who would pay for such a service.

TrainingPeaks.com is probably the closest to having this type of technology available since they have a database of rider's power data. I would guess that they could simply add a module to their system to allow for viewing/comparison of other rider's data files.
i was thinking that the downloads could be free, but that there would be alot of ad space available. I really think that it could be very helpful and interesting.