An interesting 1980's Paramount frame

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by cloudhead, Jan 1, 2012.

1. cloudhead

cloudhead New Member

Hello,

I recently "won" this 1986 frame on ebay. What caught my attention were all the eyelets. At first I thought they may have been added on at a later time, but scouring the web, I did see a couple other Paramounts built this way--but just a couple.

A serial number was provided during the sale, which translates to a 1986 Waterford-built, but I don't know where the serial number is located on the frame.

Nevertheless it is a beautifully-built frame, and I have been seeking a quick steel bike that can be loaded up, which I think I found. I was seeking something like an old Specialized Sequoia, but this was a much better find. This has the same configuration as my 1985 Trek 720, but with a much tighter geometry.

If anyone else knows anything about this particular frame, I'd love to know about it. The previous (assuming original) owner's name is painted on the chainstay: "Robert Von Nick".

[​IMG]

I also have more photos here.

Happy new year!

Tags:

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

The serial number should be stamped on the bottom of the BB shell. You can try contacting Waterford, but don't expect to learn a lot. Schwinn won't be able to tell you anything.