An Old Guy

Originally Posted by doctorSpoc .

Exactly... not motivated and commited enough... to neglect my two young kids and my wife that I love and WANT to spend time with.. quit my job and get a new more flexible one.. not sure if you're being sarcastic but, I am definitely not motivated in any way, shape or form to do more than I'm doing at this point in my life (43 yrs old).. and I don't think I'm alone.. funny I was having a conversation with a team mate on way back from a race about how well divorce correlated with cycling performance.. correlates very well based on the riders we competed with..

I'm with ya, man! I probably do too much time as it is, but my wife is very supportive. 10 - 12 hours is my limit, but I normally do 8- 10. I can only do that because I work from home and don't have to worry about commuting to/from work. So, I can workout starting right at 5PM or even at lunch. My wife and kid like to sleep in on the weekend, so early morning rides work best for me then. I could care less about competing with pros. I just want to improve and be the best I can given the time I have. Competition with myself is enough. I don't need much in the way of extrinsic motivation. I've gone from an overweight desk jockey to a less overweight one /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif Perhaps one day, I'll hit my goal weight and perform just that much better.