'Ancient'...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Johnny O-R, Nov 29, 2004.

  1. Johnny O-R

    Johnny O-R New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2004
    Hi there -

    I inherited an mtb when I lived in Gibraltar, which was badged 'UK Fusion'; aluminium frame, deore XT, simple front suspension, - but I guess that would have been top end stuff when new, some 10 - 15 y ago.
    BB seems to have had all its bearings replaced by sand, and is much larger than standard.
    I've never heard of this make - any ideas re finding new parts?

    Tags:

  2. Tom Orr

    Tom Orr Guest

    Johnny O-R wrote:
    > Hi there -
    >
    > I inherited an mtb when I lived in Gibraltar, which was badged 'UK
    > Fusion'; aluminium frame, deore XT, simple front suspension, - but I
    > guess that would have been top end stuff when new, some 10 - 15 y ago.
    > BB seems to have had all its bearings replaced by sand, and is much
    > larger than standard.
    > I've never heard of this make - any ideas re finding new parts?

    I have not heard of this make. If other parts are Shimano then the bottom
    bracket might also be Shimano. I think the BB shell must be oversize but the
    bearings will be pretty standard. A good bike shop is what you need.

    Tom.