'Ancient'...

Johnny O-R

New Member
Nov 15, 2004
Hi there -

I inherited an mtb when I lived in Gibraltar, which was badged 'UK Fusion'; aluminium frame, deore XT, simple front suspension, - but I guess that would have been top end stuff when new, some 10 - 15 y ago.
BB seems to have had all its bearings replaced by sand, and is much larger than standard.
I've never heard of this make - any ideas re finding new parts?

Johnny O-R wrote:
> Hi there -
>
> I inherited an mtb when I lived in Gibraltar, which was badged 'UK
> Fusion'; aluminium frame, deore XT, simple front suspension, - but I
> guess that would have been top end stuff when new, some 10 - 15 y ago.
> BB seems to have had all its bearings replaced by sand, and is much
> larger than standard.
> I've never heard of this make - any ideas re finding new parts?

I have not heard of this make. If other parts are Shimano then the bottom
bracket might also be Shimano. I think the BB shell must be oversize but the
bearings will be pretty standard. A good bike shop is what you need.

Tom.