And Now It Begins !

Christopher Jor

Guest
As noted this morning, this is the beginning of the season events that will stretch into October;
ruthlessly blocking various roads each weekend.

Beginning innocently enough with bicycles (Seal Otter Classic), blocking off doctor
appointments, shopping, insurance, bill paying, motorcycles, garbage, parking, and so
on, all day.

Then for arguements about kayacks and surfers. Then running. Then Wharf to Wharf. Then Woodies.
Then art studios. Then, then, then....

Frankly; I find this amusing! But people who see me giggle think I am daft. Out to lunch. From
another planet.

Today is a very embarrasing day for year-round bicyclists. I am so pleased to be on a comfy
moving recliner while pedaling down the road.....

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

[email protected] (Christopher Jordan) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> As noted this morning, this is the beginning of the season events that will stretch into October;
> ruthlessly blocking various roads each weekend.
>
> Beginning innocently enough with bicycles (Seal Otter Classic), blocking off doctor
> appointments, shopping, insurance, bill paying, motorcycles, garbage, parking, and so on, all
> day.
>
> Then for arguements about kayacks and surfers. Then running. Then Wharf to Wharf. Then
> Woodies. Then art studios. Then, then, then....
>
> Frankly; I find this amusing! But people who see me giggle think I am daft. Out to lunch.
> From another planet.
>
> Today is a very embarrasing day for year-round bicyclists. I am so pleased to be on a comfy
> moving recliner while pedaling down the road.....
>
> Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

What the hell are you talking about?

I believe I understand Christoper. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

Santa Cruz announced the weekend events and shows for the coming spring, summer, fall season some of
which will block certain streets and make commerce and traffic in those areas more difficult. All
though Christopher finds some of the scheduled events and interactions of the participants amusing,
he nevertheless feels it is an embarrassing day for year around cyclist. Some people aren't clear
what he's thinking or why he's giggling about the scheduled events, so they wonder about him. But
he's got a comfortable recumbent bike/trike to ride so he's happy. And that's a good thing.

skip

"skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I believe I understand Christoper. He can correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Santa Cruz announced the weekend events and shows for the coming spring, summer, fall season some
> of which will block certain streets and make commerce and traffic in those areas more difficult.

Correct. The entire area is blocked off around a park, hundreds of apartment (mine is one) and many
houses. Thousands of people are ****** off- except me! I'll hear how I caused this race all year.

All though Christopher
> finds some of the scheduled events and interactions of the participants amusing, he nevertheless
> feels it is an embarrassing day for year around cyclist.

Again right. That is where conceptions of wild biyclist and rolling advertising jerseys begins in
this area. Riding with an overhead fairing? Wearing boots to save my ankles? Raincoats, gloves,
etc.? I must be loco! Not everyone fits in a mold of summertime events. People think I am crazy
wearing a tuxedo- I do not fit-the-mold!

Some people aren't clear what he's thinking or why he's giggling
> about the scheduled events, so they wonder about him. But he's got a comfortable recumbent
> bike/trike to ride so he's happy. And that's a good thing.

Once again, right. The only problem was- those darn 10 speeds go over 30 miles per hour! NO WAY a
recumbent can do that!!! (ssuurre, you bet) Enjoyable race, but hearing about bikes only belonging
on sidewalks, or "put that trike away during the week"
> (weekend warrior) is the beginning of the season.

Now, where is the remote??? ;-) Chris

> skip

"Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<snip>
> Again right. That is where conceptions of wild biyclist and rolling advertising jerseys begins in
> this area. Riding with an overhead fairing? Wearing boots to save my ankles? Raincoats, gloves,
> etc.? I must be loco! Not everyone fits in a mold of summertime events. People think I am crazy
> wearing a tuxedo- I do not fit-the-mold!

Right Christopher. Those lycra wearing cyclists whose only interest is in speed, racing, and
training will probably never understand those who use bicycles/HPV's for year around transprotation.
Two different worlds that aren't connected I suspect.

I'm not sure I've got enough nerve to ride around on my bent wearing a tuxedo, but I like the idea.
So if I'm in the thrift shop, and if I see a tux, and if it fits, and if the price is right, then
who knows - it might be a fun thing to do.

skip