And the birthday present is...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dirtylitterboxo, Nov 1, 2003.

  1. .. ended up getting him a carbon tri-spoke front wheel as we came across onbe at a very good price.
    I haven't yet managed to stop the offspring floating up by the ceiling ;-) he's got his mates round
    here to night and they've all had to view said wheel and be told exactly why a carbon wheel is
    wonderful. hehehe...

    The cats bought him a Matrix Reloaded DVD - so it wasn't all cycling.

    Cheers, helen s

    fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$ do not post my correct 1 on
    *any* public forum - thanks

    Tags:

  2. dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:

    > .. ended up getting him a carbon tri-spoke front wheel as we came across onbe at a very
    > good price.

    Can you be my mummy as well please?

  3. Msa

    Msa Guest

    "Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    >
    > > .. ended up getting him a carbon tri-spoke front wheel as we came across
    onbe
    > > at a very good price.
    >
    > Can you be my mummy as well please?

    Can I be Zog's Brother?

    --
    Mark (MSA)

    Bike shop assistant... "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!

  4. Vernon Levy

    Vernon Levy Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    > >
    > > > .. ended up getting him a carbon tri-spoke front wheel as we came
    across
    > onbe
    > > > at a very good price.
    > >
    > > Can you be my mummy as well please?
    > >

    > Can I be Zog's Brother?

    Can I be the wheel seller?

  5. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    VERNON LEVY wrote:

    > Can I be the wheel seller?

    How much do those things cost?

  6. >Can you be my mummy as well please?

    Oh no - one offspring is definitely enough. Nothing personal - honest - it's just I remember the
    birthing procees with *horror* and offspring are expensive ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$ do not post my correct 1 on
    *any* public forum - thanks

  7. Carol Hague

    Carol Hague Guest

    dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers <[email protected]> wrote:

    > .. ended up getting him a carbon tri-spoke front wheel as we came across onbe at a very good
    > price. I haven't yet managed to stop the offspring floating up by the ceiling ;-)

    Oh come on, It may be carbon, but it can't be *that* light, shurely ?
    :)

    --
    Carol Hague "Mmmmooooowooooff!" - the Moobark, "The Treacle People"

  8. On 27 Oct 2003 18:13:55 GMT, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The cats bought him a Matrix Reloaded DVD - so it wasn't all cycling.

    I've been making big hints towards my cats, I reckon the three of them should get me a trike,
    being cats.

    Colin

  9. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers <[email protected]> wrote:
    : .. ended up getting him a carbon tri-spoke front wheel as we came across onbe

    Very nice present I have to admit!

    Has he got tribars? That's the next thing really. And if he's only got one bike an adjustable stem
    (Giant do nice ones) so that he can get the front low while using tribars but still have a usable
    positionm the rest of the time.

    Well, that's his next few birthdays and Christmas taken care of...

    Arthur

    --
    Arthur Clune

  10. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    > .. ended up getting him a carbon tri-spoke front wheel as we came across onbe
    <snip>
    > The cats bought him a Matrix Reloaded DVD - so it wasn't all cycling.

    So he hasn't taken the cats' helpful hint that his carbon tri-spoke is an old steel job of only
    vague circularity from a 1975 Raleigh Arena ten-speed that has been dressed up in virtual reality
    clothing? ;-)

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  11. Mike K Smith

    Mike K Smith Guest

    Colin Blackburn wrote:

    > I've been making big hints towards my cats, I reckon the three of them should get me a trike,
    > being cats.
    So you have a First Cat, a Second Cat and a Third Cat?

    I'll get me coat...

    Mike

  12. Carol Hague

    Carol Hague Guest

    dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >Oh come on, It may be carbon, but it can't be *that* light, shurely ?
    > >:)
    >
    > 'Tis to him *and* it automatically makes him go faster... according to him ;-)

    I meant it can't be light enough to float on the ceiling.... :)

    > Ah the power of youth & positive thinking ;-)

    Wossat then ? :)

    --
    Carol Hague "I was just being a little teapot. It's a bad habit of mine"
    - Wyvern, Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased).

  13. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:18:17 -0000, "VERNON LEVY" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Can I be the wheel seller?

    Re another thread: Can I be Lance?

    James

    --
    "Sorry mate, I didn't see you" is not a satisfactory excuse.

  14. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    "Simonb" <[email protected]> writes:

    > VERNON LEVY wrote:
    >
    > > Can I be the wheel seller?
    >
    > How much do those things cost?

    How much do they wheely cost?

    ;; MS Windows: A thirty-two bit extension ... to a sixteen bit ;; patch to an eight bit
    operating system originally coded for a ;; four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company
    that ;; can't stand one bit of competition -- anonymous

  15. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:28:07 -0000, "Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >VERNON LEVY wrote:
    >
    >> Can I be the wheel seller?
    >
    >How much do those things cost?

    As a rough guide somewhere between 400 and 900 squids depending on the make. I suspect the canny PSF
    drove a slightly harder bargain than that though. :)

    --
    Dave...

  16. >Oh come on, It may be carbon, but it can't be *that* light, shurely ?
    >:)

    'Tis to him *and* it automatically makes him go faster... according to him ;-)

    Ah the power of youth & positive thinking ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$ do not post my correct 1 on
    *any* public forum - thanks

  17. >I've been making big hints towards my cats, I reckon the three of them should get me a trike,
    >being cats.
    >
    >Colin

    The felines of Chateau Simmons are thoughtful cats. Every year, at certain times, I am taken over by
    feline mind control & packed off to Digby's of Holt chocolate shop in Norwich, where I am willed to
    buy six chocolate mice and have them gift-wrapped in a golden box tied with blue curling ribbon.
    These are for "Paw" ;-) I am also willed by feline mind-control to buy DVDs for the offspring.

    I cannot overcome this. I am doomed.

    Cheers, helen s (matron says I must go lie-down in a room with padded walls now, and have some nice
    soothing medication) --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove
    dependency on fame & fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$ do not
    post my correct 1 on *any* public forum - thanks

  18. >Has he got tribars?

    Yes - he uses those.

    >Well, that's his next few birthdays and Christmas taken care of...

    Indeed. Don't they get expensive as they get older!

    Cheers, helen s

    fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$ do not post my correct 1 on
    *any* public forum - thanks

  19. Ian

    Ian Guest

    dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers must be edykated coz e writed:

    >> Oh come on, It may be carbon, but it can't be *that* light, shurely ?
    >> :)
    >
    > 'Tis to him *and* it automatically makes him go faster... according to him ;-)
    >
    > Ah the power of youth & positive thinking ;-)

    Don't knock it, wheels are one of the best places to loose weight on a cycle.

    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  20. Bob

    Bob Guest

    > The felines of Chateau Simmons are thoughtful cats. Every year, at certain times, I am taken over
    > by feline mind control & packed off to Digby's of Holt chocolate shop in Norwich, where I am
    > willed to buy six chocolate mice and have them gift-wrapped in a golden box tied with blue curling
    > ribbon. These are for "Paw" ;-) I am also willed by feline mind-control to buy DVDs for the
    > offspring.

    I have three similar cats, it's amazing this mind control thingie they got. Costs me an absolute
    fortune...

    > I cannot overcome this. I am doomed.

    Tin foil is your friend... ;-)

    Cheers,

    --
    bob [at] bobarnott [dot] com http://www.bobarnott.com/
    "Crash programs fail because they are based on theory that, with nine women pregnant, you can get a