And the chosen bike is....

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Lee, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    ....after some scratching of heads and trying to figure out what I wanted i plumped for the
    Raleigh X1.

    Its SO much easier to ride than my MTB (commuted in on it this morning) - all in all it cost me £259
    (reduced from £299 as LBS is closing) - PLUS i got £20 of free accessories - so i picked the rather
    nicely named "Crud Guard" front "mudgurard" and a similar contraption for the rear - I also picked
    up a tin of WD40 type stuff (but not WD40) - and a saddle bag (which I have not fitted yet).

    I am VERY pleased with my purchase - the commute SEEMED almost effortless this AM - unfortunaltely I
    forgot to reset my cycle computer from Friday so stats arent available (there were a few select
    curse words said when I got here!), but hopefully tommorrow I can see just how quick or slow I am!!

    Heres to many more rides ;-)

    Lee

    Tags:

  2. Chris French

    Chris French Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, Lee
    <[email protected]com> writes
    >....after some scratching of heads and trying to figure out what I wanted i plumped for the
    >Raleigh X1.
    >
    >Its SO much easier to ride than my MTB (commuted in on it this morning) - all in all it cost me
    >£259 (reduced from £299 as LBS is closing) - PLUS i got £20 of free accessories - so i picked the
    >rather nicely named "Crud Guard" front "mudgurard" and a similar contraption for the rear

    If you intend to ride it through the winter I would suggest splashing out on proper mudguards. The
    ones you've got are ok, particularly for keeping mud etc. off when off roading but they still let a
    lot of wet and crud past.

    As well as keeping you cleaner, it also keeps the bike cleaner - exp. the bottom bracket area.

    SKS (ESGE as was are the only ones worth buying IMO, but there are cheaper alternatives.

    --
    Chris French, Leeds

  3. Dene Wilby

    Dene Wilby Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected]com says...
    > I am VERY pleased with my purchase - the commute SEEMED almost effortless this AM -
    > unfortunaltely I forgot to reset my cycle computer from Friday so stats arent available (there
    > were a few select curse words said when I got here!), but hopefully tommorrow I can see just how
    > quick or slow I am!!

    Have you reprogrammed your trip computer for the new size wheels?

    Dene

  4. Lee

    Lee Guest

    "Dene Wilby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Have you reprogrammed your trip computer for the new size wheels?
    >
    > Dene

    No, not yet - its odd because I am getting probably correct results - which is unusual - ill try
    reprogramming it now!