And the chosen bike is....

Lee

Guest
....after some scratching of heads and trying to figure out what I wanted i plumped for the
Raleigh X1.

Its SO much easier to ride than my MTB (commuted in on it this morning) - all in all it cost me £259
(reduced from £299 as LBS is closing) - PLUS i got £20 of free accessories - so i picked the rather
nicely named "Crud Guard" front "mudgurard" and a similar contraption for the rear - I also picked
up a tin of WD40 type stuff (but not WD40) - and a saddle bag (which I have not fitted yet).

I am VERY pleased with my purchase - the commute SEEMED almost effortless this AM - unfortunaltely I
forgot to reset my cycle computer from Friday so stats arent available (there were a few select
curse words said when I got here!), but hopefully tommorrow I can see just how quick or slow I am!!

Heres to many more rides ;-)

Lee

In message <[email protected]>, Lee
<gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com> writes
>....after some scratching of heads and trying to figure out what I wanted i plumped for the
>Raleigh X1.
>
>Its SO much easier to ride than my MTB (commuted in on it this morning) - all in all it cost me
>£259 (reduced from £299 as LBS is closing) - PLUS i got £20 of free accessories - so i picked the
>rather nicely named "Crud Guard" front "mudgurard" and a similar contraption for the rear

If you intend to ride it through the winter I would suggest splashing out on proper mudguards. The
ones you've got are ok, particularly for keeping mud etc. off when off roading but they still let a
lot of wet and crud past.

As well as keeping you cleaner, it also keeps the bike cleaner - exp. the bottom bracket area.

SKS (ESGE as was are the only ones worth buying IMO, but there are cheaper alternatives.

--
Chris French, Leeds

In article <[email protected]>,
gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com says...
> I am VERY pleased with my purchase - the commute SEEMED almost effortless this AM -
> unfortunaltely I forgot to reset my cycle computer from Friday so stats arent available (there
> were a few select curse words said when I got here!), but hopefully tommorrow I can see just how
> quick or slow I am!!

Have you reprogrammed your trip computer for the new size wheels?

Dene

"Dene Wilby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Have you reprogrammed your trip computer for the new size wheels?
>
> Dene

No, not yet - its odd because I am getting probably correct results - which is unusual - ill try
reprogramming it now!