And the winner is?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Curtis L. Russell, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. Chocolate milk, according to an article in the Washington Times on
    2/26/06 (no reprint, as my electronic edition doesn't permit
    copying...). Beat out a carbo drink and traditional sports drink for
    replenishment when bicyclists rode to exhaustion, drank and rested
    four hours, then rode to exhaustion again, repeated three times.

    This was originally reported by a dicey group called the International
    Journal of Sports Nutrition and Excercise Metabolism, but now that it
    has been reported in the Washington Times and rbr, it can be
    considered gold.

    Little known was the fourth group, mine, which tried another
    traditional carbohydrate drink. Originally called 'Control Group 4',
    later the 'Boozers' or 'Bleeping Losers', they were unable to get us
    in condition to ride the third set to depletion. Three were off
    peeing, four were flat on the floor, and the rest were both of the
    above. Nonetheless, we continue to believe the traditional post-ride
    'beer and pizza' will beat 'chocolate milk and cookies' in the masters
    riders set.

    Curtis L. Russell
    Odenton, MD (USA)
    Just someone on two wheels...

    Tags:

  2. RicodJour

    RicodJour Guest

    Curtis L. Russell wrote:
    > Chocolate milk, according to an article in the Washington Times on
    > 2/26/06 (no reprint, as my electronic edition doesn't permit
    > copying...). Beat out a carbo drink and traditional sports drink for
    > replenishment when bicyclists rode to exhaustion, drank and rested
    > four hours, then rode to exhaustion again, repeated three times.
    >
    > This was originally reported by a dicey group called the International
    > Journal of Sports Nutrition and Excercise Metabolism, but now that it
    > has been reported in the Washington Times and rbr, it can be
    > considered gold.
    >
    > Little known was the fourth group, mine, which tried another
    > traditional carbohydrate drink. Originally called 'Control Group 4',
    > later the 'Boozers' or 'Bleeping Losers', they were unable to get us
    > in condition to ride the third set to depletion. Three were off
    > peeing, four were flat on the floor, and the rest were both of the
    > above. Nonetheless, we continue to believe the traditional post-ride
    > 'beer and pizza' will beat 'chocolate milk and cookies' in the masters
    > riders set.

    You do realize that the two sets are not mutually exclusive, right? ;)

    Reminds me of that scene in Woody Allen's Sleeper where he's brought
    out of the cryogenic freeze and two doctors are discussing the patient.
    To paraphrase:
    "What did he do for a living?"
    "He owned a macrobiotic health food store."
    "A what?"
    "They believed that eating natural foods, fruits and vegetables was
    good for you and would make you live longer."
    "What?! Didn't they know about the healing effects of hot dogs and hot
    fudge sundaes?!"
    "Nope. They were entirely ignorant."

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "RicodJour" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Curtis L. Russell wrote:
    >> Chocolate milk, according to an article in the Washington Times on
    >> 2/26/06 (no reprint, as my electronic edition doesn't permit
    >> copying...). Beat out a carbo drink and traditional sports drink for
    >> replenishment when bicyclists rode to exhaustion, drank and rested
    >> four hours, then rode to exhaustion again, repeated three times.
    >>
    >> This was originally reported by a dicey group called the International
    >> Journal of Sports Nutrition and Excercise Metabolism, but now that it
    >> has been reported in the Washington Times and rbr, it can be
    >> considered gold.
    >>
    >> Little known was the fourth group, mine, which tried another
    >> traditional carbohydrate drink. Originally called 'Control Group 4',
    >> later the 'Boozers' or 'Bleeping Losers', they were unable to get us
    >> in condition to ride the third set to depletion. Three were off
    >> peeing, four were flat on the floor, and the rest were both of the
    >> above. Nonetheless, we continue to believe the traditional post-ride
    >> 'beer and pizza' will beat 'chocolate milk and cookies' in the masters
    >> riders set.

    > You do realize that the two sets are not mutually exclusive, right? ;)
    >
    > Reminds me of that scene in Woody Allen's Sleeper where he's brought
    > out of the cryogenic freeze and two doctors are discussing the patient.
    > To paraphrase:
    > "What did he do for a living?"
    > "He owned a macrobiotic health food store."
    > "A what?"
    > "They believed that eating natural foods, fruits and vegetables was
    > good for you and would make you live longer."
    > "What?! Didn't they know about the healing effects of hot dogs and hot
    > fudge sundaes?!"
    > "Nope. They were entirely ignorant."

    Everything old is new and everything new is old.

  4. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote ...

    > Everything old is new and everything new is old.

    That sounds positively biblical.

  5. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

  6. D. Ferguson

    D. Ferguson Guest

    On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 05:47:09 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote ...
    >>>
    >>> Everything old is new and everything new is old.

    >> That sounds positively biblical.

    >I forgot to add - everything Henry is dumbass.

    that's getting new