And what did Santa bring you?

Dave Worthless <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> had this to say
> news:[email protected]
>

> > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> It's not about what you *got*. It's about what you gave.
> >>
> > I *gave* myself lots of bike gear.

How self-indulgent of you.

> > So what did you get?

I got to spend the day with some great people.

> Aww, someone is sad they didn't get anythiing cuz their a lonely ol' ***...

Hump away, humpy.

JD

> Dave Worthless <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> had this to say
> > news:[email protected]
> >

> > > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > >>
> > > I *gave* myself lots of bike gear.
>
> How self-indulgent of you.

I had no bike gear.

> > > So what did you get?
>
> I got to spend the day with some great people.

Me too. Mom, Dad, sisters, brother, and their families. There was lots of good food.

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:

> The coffee that I consistantly like is brewed by a windsurfing bud. He percs it in the evening,
> lets it sit all nite, then re-heats it in the morning. Calls it "cowboy coffee"....

I call it a squirting & hurting morning enema!

http://www.pbase.com/image/19662684
--
Slacker

Stephen Baker wrote:
> Miles says:
>

>>Ask just about any lefty.
>

> But i _am_ a leftie.... Not just politically, either ;-) I just plain cannot write with a left-
> handed pen, however. Thumbscrews and ABBA's music, though, are bad, bad, bad, to be sure. Steve

So you must write either "hook style" by arching your arm way over the top of the paper, or you
write bottom-to-top. Neither has really worked for me. I write left-to-right, smearing wet ink as
I go... No, lefty pens have never worked for me, either. I also have a lot of trouble with lefty
scissors, but not as much trouble as most righties have. Politically, too, I am on the left side
of things.

Miles

(And Frieda's tune DOES count as ABBA. Sorry)

Stephen Baker wrote:
>>So you must write either "hook style" by arching your arm way over the top of the paper, or you
>>write bottom-to-top.
>

> Neither ;-)
>
> I was taught to write just like a rightie, but with the left hand. Hand is below the line,
> pointing straight up the page, and writing is smear-free. Having learnt to draw/draft in the "old
> days" before puters, I was eternally grateful to the teachers that forced me into writing like
> that, since pencil on mylar is very smudgy. It also means that I can enjoy a nice collection of
> fountain pens. <g>
>
> Steve

I can't imagine the contortions your wrist must go through. Sounds painful, but I guess if it works,
who am I to say? I swear by liquid ball-points. If it weren't for them, everything I wrote would be
illegibly smeary.

miles

miles todd wrote:
> Stephen Baker wrote:
>>> So you must write either "hook style" by arching your arm way over the top of the paper, or you
>>> write bottom-to-top.
>>
>> Neither ;-)
>>
>> I was taught to write just like a rightie, but with the left hand. Hand is below the line,
>> pointing straight up the page, and writing is smear-free. Having learnt to draw/draft in the "old
>> days" before puters, I was eternally grateful to the teachers that forced me into writing like
>> that, since pencil on mylar is very smudgy. It also means that I can enjoy a nice collection of
>> fountain pens.
>> <g>

> I can't imagine the contortions your wrist must go through. Sounds painful, but I guess if it
> works, who am I to say? I swear by liquid ball-points. If it weren't for them, everything I wrote
> would be illegibly smeary.

Fellow lefty here. When I was in 1st or 2nd grade they tried to teach me that hold-your-hand-directly-below-the-big-fat-
pencil technique to avoid smearing; way too uncomfortable. My older sister took the opposite
tack (correct sailing term, SB?), using a grotesque fish-hook-hand-above-with-wrist-elevated
position. Also painful (even just to look at!). Like Miles said, thank goodness for quick-drying
ball-point pens.

Bill "still get a blue-black outside palm pad" S.

PS: OK, righties, wake up! We're done now :)