And what did Santa bring you?

Tcmedara

Guest
God Bless my wife and children for indulging my biking habit. I received:
1) a truing stand
2) new lycra tights
3) and a couple of bike related books from my brother (on suggestion from my wife) Plus Santa
brought the chillins new bikes. The 9 year old received a new 24"-wheeled Specialized Hotrock, so
now I've got a new riding partner as well! I bought the wife a new digital camcorder that's
hardly bigger than a sandwich. She didn't appreciate the suggestion that it could easily be
mounted to my helmet. Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful Christmas (or whatever celebration
suits your fancy!).

Tom

tcmedara wrote:
> God Bless my wife and children for indulging my biking habit. I received: 1) a truing stand
> 2) new lycra tights
> 3) and a couple of bike related books from my brother (on suggestion from my wife) Plus Santa
> brought the chillins new bikes. The 9 year old received a new 24"-wheeled Specialized Hotrock,
> so now I've got a new riding partner as well! I bought the wife a new digital camcorder that's
> hardly bigger than a sandwich. She didn't appreciate the suggestion that it could easily be
> mounted to my helmet. Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful Christmas (or whatever celebration
> suits your fancy!).
>
> Tom

No bike related stuff this year, mostly due to me not asking for any. I did buy a new set of drive
components last week though (~$200) so I gifted myself and I won an espresso machine on ebay ($5000
machine for $710!)

But the best gift was the Introductory Flight the Solstice Fairy brought me. I've always wanted to
become a pilot so maybe this is the start of a new way to spend lots of money.

Gary

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 13:29:41 -0500, "tcmedara"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>God Bless my wife and children for indulging my biking habit. I received:
>1) a truing stand
>2) new lycra tights
>3) and a couple of bike related books from my brother (on suggestion from my wife) Plus Santa
> brought the chillins new bikes. The 9 year old received a new 24"-wheeled Specialized Hotrock,
> so now I've got a new riding partner as well! I bought the wife a new digital camcorder that's
> hardly bigger than a sandwich. She didn't appreciate the suggestion that it could easily be
> mounted to my helmet. Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful Christmas (or whatever celebration
> suits your fancy!).
>
>Tom

I got... everything mentioned in the new setup post an advanced mechanic tool kit from park tools
the SRAM Powerglide II PG-970 9-Speed Road Cassette a SRAM PC-99 Hollow Pin 9 Speed Chain w/ Power
Link a Canon PowerShot SD100 Digital Elph a 256 MB sd card a Harmon Kardon AVR 7200 Totem Acoustic
DreamCatcher Speakers and some clothes

tcmedara wrote:

> God Bless my wife and children for indulging my biking habit. I received:
> 1) a truing stand
> 2) new lycra tights
> 3) and a couple of bike related books from my brother (on suggestion from my wife) Plus Santa
> brought the chillins new bikes. The 9 year old received a new 24"-wheeled Specialized Hotrock,
> so now I've got a new riding partner as well! I bought the wife a new digital camcorder that's
> hardly bigger than a sandwich. She didn't appreciate the suggestion that it could easily be
> mounted to my helmet. Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful Christmas (or whatever celebration
> suits your fancy!).
>
> Tom

Santa Klein (does that sounds wrong?) got me a new Palomino XX frame. He said the Race frame wasn't
good enough and would have to go back to the North Pole for some work. My wife teamed up with Santa
and I scored a set of Avid disks too :) My 9 year old got a HotRock (shoulda named it KidRock, but
I guess that name's taken ;-) a couple of weeks ago for his birthday. Sweet ride for a kid!

In the real world...I just shouldn't buy orange bikes. Besides the obvious reason, I've owned three
orange bikes and all have been warrantied; Columbine road bike orangish red-cracked chain stays Trek
MTB, safety orange-cracked BB shell Klein Palomino, metallic orange-seat post slips, rear triangle
not aligned Don't know how the POS Fisher HooKooKaChoo fits in, it was green-fork not made right.
Maybe I'm the jinx? No, I've had two other MTBs, five roads, and a tandem with no trouble.

Cheers, Shawn

P.S. The new frame is a white to silvery white fade. It should be good.

2 pair gloves 3/4 finger,2 Slime tubes, folding hex wrenches,Portable drill,2 large cans of WD
40,CD/DVD repair and cleaner kit,wind chime,pasta bowl with all the fixings,fountain, and the rest
is yet to come. And the o'le lady forgot to fill my stocking but won't forget tomorrow.

Fire up MTB 03

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 11:47:18 -0700, "GeeDubb" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>tcmedara wrote:
>> God Bless my wife and children for indulging my biking habit. I received: 1) a truing stand
>> 2) new lycra tights
>> 3) and a couple of bike related books from my brother (on suggestion from my wife) Plus Santa
>> brought the chillins new bikes. The 9 year old received a new 24"-wheeled Specialized Hotrock,
>> so now I've got a new riding partner as well! I bought the wife a new digital camcorder that's
>> hardly bigger than a sandwich. She didn't appreciate the suggestion that it could easily be
>> mounted to my helmet. Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful Christmas (or whatever celebration
>> suits your fancy!).
>>
>> Tom
>
>No bike related stuff this year, mostly due to me not asking for any. I did buy a new set of drive
>components last week though (~$200) so I gifted myself and I won an espresso machine on ebay ($5000
>machine for $710!)
>
>But the best gift was the Introductory Flight the Solstice Fairy brought me. I've always wanted to
>become a pilot so maybe this is the start of a new way to spend lots of money.
>
>Gary

I have almost any flight simulated software you can imagine if you would like me to throw them on an
ftp for ya. The most notable are X-Plane http://www.x-plane.com/ with the mars addon Microsoft
Flight Simulator 2004 and alot fo fighting sims Just drop me an email and i will get you setup on my
ftp I run. The site is sitting on 8 oc3's so bandwidth is not a problem since it can do around 23
MBytes/s in and out full duplex.

GeeDubb wrote:

> tcmedara wrote:
>
>>God Bless my wife and children for indulging my biking habit. I received: 1) a truing stand
>>2) new lycra tights
>>3) and a couple of bike related books from my brother (on suggestion from my wife) Plus Santa
>> brought the chillins new bikes. The 9 year old received a new 24"-wheeled Specialized Hotrock,
>> so now I've got a new riding partner as well! I bought the wife a new digital camcorder that's
>> hardly bigger than a sandwich. She didn't appreciate the suggestion that it could easily be
>> mounted to my helmet. Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful Christmas (or whatever celebration
>> suits your fancy!).
>>
>>Tom
>

> No bike related stuff this year, mostly due to me not asking for any. I did buy a new set of drive
> components last week though (~$200) so I gifted myself and I won an espresso machine on ebay
> ($5000 machine for $710!)
>
> But the best gift was the Introductory Flight the Solstice Fairy brought me. I've always wanted to
> become a pilot so maybe this is the start of a new way to spend lots of money.
>
> Gary

Lookout a wingnut in the making! You know what they say, "The best way to make a small fortune in
aviation is to start with a big fortune." I started flying gliders 11 years ago. Luckily, I didn't
have a large fortune to lose. Love it though. Got in nearly two hours along the continental divide
West of Boulder, CO on Tuesday. Beautiful!

Shawn

"tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> God Bless my wife and children for indulging my biking habit. I received:
> 1) a truing stand
> 2) new lycra tights
> 3) and a couple of bike related books from my brother (on suggestion from
my
> wife) Plus Santa brought the chillins new bikes. The 9 year old received a new 24"-wheeled
> Specialized Hotrock, so now I've got a new riding partner as well! I bought the wife a new digital
> camcorder that's hardly bigger than
> sandwich. She didn't appreciate the suggestion that it could easily be mounted to my helmet. Hope
> you all are enjoying a wonderful Christmas (or whatever celebration suits your fancy!).
>
> Tom

I got myself jerseys, shorts, shoes, gloves, and a helmet. I wish it would all get here soon.

RE/
> (or whatever celebration suits your fancy!).

My Better Half gave me a killer coffee perc-type coffee pot. You fill it up, and, set it on
this little plate-like base, and it goes. Automagically senses when it's done and keeps the
stuff hot forever.
--
PeteCresswell

"tcmedara" <[email protected]> had this to say

> God Bless my wife and children for indulging my biking habit. I received: 1) a truing stand
> 2) new lycra tights
> 3) and a couple of bike related books from my brother (on suggestion from my wife) Plus Santa
> brought the chillins new bikes. The 9 year old received a new 24"-wheeled Specialized Hotrock,
> so now I've got a new riding partner as well! I bought the wife a new digital camcorder that's
> hardly bigger than a sandwich. She didn't appreciate the suggestion that it could easily be
> mounted to my helmet. Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful Christmas (or whatever celebration
> suits your fancy!).
>
> Tom

No biking stuff, for me cept some Defeet socks, and Defeet undie shirts. (I recently got a new frame
from K2 (warranty replacement) and it doesn't need a thing!

But, I got the Indiana Jones Trilogy on DVD! A new Seiko Watch. An Oregon Scientific Digital
Camera.. A Microcam V digital camera/Web cam Some Clothes...Some gift certificates (Best Buy, Lowes)
Some Dremel attachments.

And the piece de resistance;

A case of Beers of the World consisting of

A)Staropramen (Prague)
B)Tennets (Scotland)
C)Wacfteiner Warsteiner (Germany)
D)Hatuey (P.R)
E)Fosters (Australia)
F)Fisher (France)
G)Tsingtao (China)
H)Carlsberg (Denmark)
I)Harps Lager (Canada)
J)Bavaria (Holland)

All in all, not too Shabby!

tcmedara wrote:
> God Bless my wife and children for indulging my biking habit. I received: 1) a truing stand
> 2) new lycra tights
> 3) and a couple of bike related books from my brother (on suggestion from my wife) Plus Santa
> brought the chillins new bikes. The 9 year old received a new 24"-wheeled Specialized Hotrock,
> so now I've got a new riding partner as well! I bought the wife a new digital camcorder that's
> hardly bigger than a sandwich. She didn't appreciate the suggestion that it could easily be
> mounted to my helmet. Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful Christmas (or whatever celebration
> suits your fancy!).
>
> Tom

I got...

An Ellsworth Truth An Intense Spyder A Santa Cruz Blur VPP and a Turner 5-Spot

Did I mention they are all mini-scale models? They are cool to look at, though.

Also, I received an Izumi shell, bacalava, a couple of skull caps, Izumi gloves, and I rescued and
adopted my fourth dog (a 2.5 yr old Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier). My most favorite gift of all. So
now my family is 8 including myself (me, wife, 2 kids, 3 miniature schnauzers, and 1 wheaton).

>God Bless my wife and children for indulging my biking habit. I received:

<snip list'o'goodies>

I got only one thing bike-related, which is a book that I have been eying for a while - "Bicycle,
the Noblest Invention" from Rodale. I'm happy now.

Also received in no particular order of preference were: A(nother) new pen (Aurora - you can NEVER
have too many fountain pens..) A copy of "The Skook" by JP MIller, to replace the one we lent
someone 10 years ago and never got back. A lovely book A DVD of Buster Keaton's "The General"
CAndy..... errrrr.... I mean "Energy Bars". Yeah, that's the ticket!

Steve

Sir Ride-A-Lot <[email protected]> wrote:
> tcmedara wrote:
>> God Bless my wife and children for indulging my biking habit. I received: 1) a truing stand
>> 2) new lycra tights
>> 3) and a couple of bike related books from my brother (on suggestion from my wife) Plus Santa
>> brought the chillins new bikes. The 9 year old received a new 24"-wheeled Specialized Hotrock,
>> so now I've got a new riding partner as well! I bought the wife a new digital camcorder that's
>> hardly bigger than a sandwich. She didn't appreciate the suggestion that it could easily be
>> mounted to my helmet. Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful Christmas (or whatever celebration
>> suits your fancy!).
>>
>> Tom
>
> I got...
>
> An Ellsworth Truth An Intense Spyder A Santa Cruz Blur VPP and a Turner 5-Spot
>
> Did I mention they are all mini-scale models? They are cool to look at, though.

For a moment there I was wondering if you had sold your soul or just had more money than sense! I
bet they would be cool, especially for a desk at work or something like that.

> Also, I received an Izumi shell, bacalava, a couple of skull caps, Izumi gloves, and I rescued and
> adopted my fourth dog (a 2.5 yr old Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier). My most favorite gift of all. So
> now my family is 8 including myself (me, wife, 2 kids, 3 miniature schnauzers, and 1 wheaton).

Awesome. Merry Christmas

> But the best gift was the Introductory Flight the Solstice Fairy brought me. I've always wanted to
> become a pilot so maybe this is the start of a new way to spend lots of money.

Lol - yep, it'll definitely take care of any spare money you have sitting around!

If you decide to start taking lessons:

1 - get the medical out of the way asap (you don't want to start investing lots of money if you
can't ultimately get your license)

2 - check into local flying clubs; i.e. shared aircraft ownership. It can end up costing a lot less
to learn in a club plane.

Enjoy your flight; I'll look for you over at rec.aviation.* (there are other
a.m-b'ers who are over there too!)

other than the home theatre...

a nice fluffy terry bathrobe, Toblerone chocolate, diving stuff ( really nice mask) and a mountain
bike calendar. Oh, and a whole bunch of nice brushed for cleaning gunk out of the bike.

Penny

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:
> RE/
>> (or whatever celebration suits your fancy!).
>
> My Better Half gave me a killer coffee perc-type coffee pot. You fill it up, and, set it on this
> little plate-like base, and it goes. Automagically senses when it's done and keeps the stuff hot
> forever.

All good intentions but probably the worst way to make coffee imo. But then I've been called a
coffee nazi! <g> Probably the best way to make coffee is to use a vacuum pot.

Come over to alt.coffee for some lurking. I think I'm obsessive but don't quite compare to
some there.

Gary

John Harlow wrote:
>> But the best gift was the Introductory Flight the Solstice Fairy brought me. I've always wanted
>> to become a pilot so maybe this is the start of a new way to spend lots of money.
>
> Lol - yep, it'll definitely take care of any spare money you have sitting around!
>
> If you decide to start taking lessons:
>
> 1 - get the medical out of the way asap (you don't want to start investing lots of money if you
> can't ultimately get your license)
>
> 2 - check into local flying clubs; i.e. shared aircraft ownership. It can end up costing a lot
> less to learn in a club plane.
>
> Enjoy your flight; I'll look for you over at rec.aviation.* (there are other a.m-b'ers who are
> over there too!)

Thanks. The one biggest reason I've never gone any further than thinking about it is hearing
about the cost.

I'd actually rather learn to fly a helicopter.....it would be much easier to get to my property in
Colorado <(;-}.

Expensive habits to date are coffee, biking, woodworking (actually my job) Kids don't count!

Gary

Joseph Ball wrote: snip

> I have almost any flight simulated software you can imagine if you would like me to throw them on
> an ftp for ya. The most notable are X-Plane http://www.x-plane.com/ with the mars addon Microsoft
> Flight Simulator 2004 and alot fo fighting sims Just drop me an email and i will get you setup on
> my ftp I run. The site is sitting on 8 oc3's so bandwidth is not a problem since it can do around
> 23 MBytes/s in and out full duplex.

That sounds great if I knew what the hell it all meant <g>. I'm not totally computer literate when
it comes to the technical stuff. I have just enough time to read three newsgroups and pay my bills
and if I don't need to know it I don't seem to learn it!

I'll email directly as this is OT.

Thanks Joseph

Gary