Andrew Chung FAQ

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Harold McNamara, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 15:34:09 GMT, "Carmen " <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Harold McNamara" is the only one of the above group who doesn't post
    >from BellSouth. The likelihood that Harold and I are the same person is
    >quite slim. A much higher possibility exists that I am Chung,


    I doubt that is a much higher possibility.

    > or Mu,


    MUCH lower possibility.

    > or
    >both.


    No possibility whatsoever.

    > I'm neither one of those two gentlemen however - but I *could*
    >be.


    You could also be a cat but you would have a better chance of being
    Mu.
     


  2. On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:55:23 GMT, Mack <[email protected]> wrote:

    >chung has claimed in the past that all he needs to do is review your
    >case via the net and that constitutes all the so called proper case
    >history he needs to treat and prescribe and subsequently bill for your
    >heart problems.
    >
    >Dr Dung discussions are off topic every except sci.med.cardiology


    Mack is a troll from alt.support.diabtetes who sneaks over to scm to
    do his business.
     
  3. mfg

    mfg Guest

    [email protected] (Harold McNamara) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > An individual who purports to be a board-certified cardiologist with
    > an international reputation has been regularly posting to this and
    > other health-oriented newsgroups over the last several years. The
    > posts have been under the name Andrew Chung, with an originating
    > domain of heartmdphd.com and (before that), emory.edu.
    >
    > Other names that this individual has apparently used include Michael
    > Roose and "MU".
    >
    > The posts have the following characteristics:
    >
    > 1. They dispense medical advice on heart disease, diabetes, and
    > weight-loss.
    > 2. They are often off-topic, and are cross-posted freely.
    > 3. They frequently contain threats of legal action for "libel",
    > usually when someone else disagrees with Chung's views.
    >
    > There is an Andrew Chung who resides in the Atlanta area, living in a
    > rather seedy suburb of Atlanta. This indiviudal is unaffiliated with
    > any hospitals in the area, making it extremely unlikely that he has an
    > active medical practice.
    >
    > There is also a Web site, www.heartmdphd.com, that contains a great
    > deal of self-serving information concerning Andrew Chung, and also
    > features a so-called cyberstalking section that hosts insults directed
    > at those who have criticized Chung's on-line articles hyping his
    > "two-pound" diet and other recommended treatments.
    >
    > In all likelihood Dr. Chung is at worst a quack and at best a lonely
    > and isolated individual who compensates for a feeling of failure and
    > emptiness with his online shenanigans.
    >
    > In any case, his medical advice should be avoided, or at least
    > verified by one's own physician.



    Looks good to me:

    http://www.ama-assn.org/iwcf/iwcfmg....x=hello&row=0&key=0&amap=N&form_type=r&mem=N

    And if that doesn't get you there, go to the American Medical
    Association's website and search under his name. I'm a newbie to this
    group, and to computers too, still I was able to find out Dr. Chung is
    'real' with more than basic creds.

    MFG (Janey Canuck)
     
  4. M. Schwartz

    M. Schwartz Guest

    "Budd Cochran" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    You do remember him saying "so much junk" but just can't remember
    anything specific. Interesting. Personally, I think comments like
    yours are junk.

    Mel

    > No, Bill, I can't because I've never seen anything from him worth
    > remembering or safe for me as a heart patient. OK?
    >
    > If you want more than that do the search.
    >
    > Budd
    >
    > "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "Budd Cochran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:%[email protected]
    > > > Just do a google search. He's dumped so much junk here since I came here
    > > > back in April that I can't begin to remember it all. Little, if any, was
    > > > sound, heart healthy advice.
    > > >
    > > > Do you have a cardiologist? If not, and you have chest pains, get one
    > > > yesterday. He's the one to get your advice from because he has the

    > results
    > > > from your tests and knows your lifestyle. Chung, at best, could only be
    > > > taking wild guesses about your personal condition.
    > > >
    > > > Budd
    > > >

    > >
    > > Hi Budd,
    > >
    > > I have a Cardiologist and a good one too. She and I have been working

    > together
    > > to keep me alive since my first heart attack about 14 years ago. So far,

    > it
    > > seems to have worked. :)
    > >
    > > I try to keep up with what is going on in the field by attending lectures
    > > occasionally, and reading some. I came to this newsgroup a few months ago

    > and
    > > got a good answer, from Dr. Chung, to a question I posed. Obviously, this

    > is
    > > not the place to be if you are having chest pains. I think I would prefer

    > the
    > > ER or at least my Cardiologist's office!
    > >
    > > However, there are still many general questions which can be asked and
    > > answered here. (I've even answered a few involving stuff I've been

    > through.)
    > > Two pound diet issues aside - which I refuse to discuss because of the
    > > emotions that immediately ensue - I believe Dr. Chung's answers have been
    > > accurate. But I am willing to be shown to be wrong.
    > >
    > > So again I ask that - two pound diet issues aside - can you (or anyone)
    > > provide examples of factually incorrect medical information that Dr. Chung

    > has
    > > provided on this board?
    > >
    > > Bill
    > >
    > >
     
  5. Budd Cochran

    Budd Cochran Guest

    Fine, whatever.

    But answer me this, mr Photographic Memory, do you remember every word
    you've read or said in the last 6 months? Hmmm?

    Budd

    "M. Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Budd Cochran" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    > You do remember him saying "so much junk" but just can't remember
    > anything specific. Interesting. Personally, I think comments like
    > yours are junk.
    >
    > Mel
    >
    > > No, Bill, I can't because I've never seen anything from him worth
    > > remembering or safe for me as a heart patient. OK?
    > >
    > > If you want more than that do the search.
    > >
    > > Budd
    > >
    > > "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > >
    > > > "Budd Cochran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:%[email protected]
    > > > > Just do a google search. He's dumped so much junk here since I came

    here
    > > > > back in April that I can't begin to remember it all. Little, if any,

    was
    > > > > sound, heart healthy advice.
    > > > >
    > > > > Do you have a cardiologist? If not, and you have chest pains, get

    one
    > > > > yesterday. He's the one to get your advice from because he has the

    > > results
    > > > > from your tests and knows your lifestyle. Chung, at best, could only

    be
    > > > > taking wild guesses about your personal condition.
    > > > >
    > > > > Budd
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hi Budd,
    > > >
    > > > I have a Cardiologist and a good one too. She and I have been working

    > > together
    > > > to keep me alive since my first heart attack about 14 years ago. So

    far,
    > > it
    > > > seems to have worked. :)
    > > >
    > > > I try to keep up with what is going on in the field by attending

    lectures
    > > > occasionally, and reading some. I came to this newsgroup a few months

    ago
    > > and
    > > > got a good answer, from Dr. Chung, to a question I posed. Obviously,

    this
    > > is
    > > > not the place to be if you are having chest pains. I think I would

    prefer
    > > the
    > > > ER or at least my Cardiologist's office!
    > > >
    > > > However, there are still many general questions which can be asked and
    > > > answered here. (I've even answered a few involving stuff I've been

    > > through.)
    > > > Two pound diet issues aside - which I refuse to discuss because of the
    > > > emotions that immediately ensue - I believe Dr. Chung's answers have

    been
    > > > accurate. But I am willing to be shown to be wrong.
    > > >
    > > > So again I ask that - two pound diet issues aside - can you (or

    anyone)
    > > > provide examples of factually incorrect medical information that Dr.

    Chung
    > > has
    > > > provided on this board?
    > > >
    > > > Bill
    > > >
    > > >
     
  6. Don Kirkman

    Don Kirkman Guest

    It seems to me I heard somewhere that Budd Cochran wrote in article
    <%[email protected]>:

    >Just do a google search. He's dumped so much junk here since I came here
    >back in April that I can't begin to remember it all. Little, if any, was
    >sound, heart healthy advice.


    If there's so much evidence in Google how about posting a few examples?
    You're the one making the charge, not anyone else. Trolls love to make
    claims and then ask their targets to look up the information.
    --
    Don
    [email protected]
     
  7. On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:03:15 -0600, "Tiger Lily" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >lol..... oh, the shame to reply to a newsgroup post and ask how the 2 lb
    >diet holds up to the Harvard Food Pyramid
    >
    >the shame...... what can i say??...... Chung is paranoid?? i think that
    >covers it


    This is all that needs to be said about you.


    http://www.heartmdphd.com/rip.asp
     
  8. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Mack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 04:33:53 GMT, "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >"Harold McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]
    > >> An individual who purports to be a board-certified cardiologist with
    > >> an international reputation has been regularly posting to this and
    > >> other health-oriented newsgroups over the last several years. The
    > >> posts have been under the name Andrew Chung, with an originating
    > >> domain of heartmdphd.com and (before that), emory.edu.
    > >>
    > >> Other names that this individual has apparently used include Michael
    > >> Roose and "MU".
    > >>
    > >> The posts have the following characteristics:
    > >>
    > >> 1. They dispense medical advice on heart disease, diabetes, and
    > >> weight-loss.
    > >> 2. They are often off-topic, and are cross-posted freely.
    > >> 3. They frequently contain threats of legal action for "libel",
    > >> usually when someone else disagrees with Chung's views.
    > >>
    > >> There is an Andrew Chung who resides in the Atlanta area, living in a
    > >> rather seedy suburb of Atlanta. This indiviudal is unaffiliated with
    > >> any hospitals in the area, making it extremely unlikely that he has an
    > >> active medical practice.
    > >>
    > >> There is also a Web site, www.heartmdphd.com, that contains a great
    > >> deal of self-serving information concerning Andrew Chung, and also
    > >> features a so-called cyberstalking section that hosts insults directed
    > >> at those who have criticized Chung's on-line articles hyping his
    > >> "two-pound" diet and other recommended treatments.
    > >>
    > >> In all likelihood Dr. Chung is at worst a quack and at best a lonely
    > >> and isolated individual who compensates for a feeling of failure and
    > >> emptiness with his online shenanigans.
    > >>
    > >> In any case, his medical advice should be avoided, or at least
    > >> verified by one's own physician.

    > >
    > >Actually, from what I have seen his advice has been quite knowledgeable and
    > >helpful. Two pound diet issues aside - which seems to inflame a lot of
    > >passion - can you provide some examples, or any example for that matter, of
    > >medical information that he has provided that is factually incorrect?
    > >
    > >If not, why do you believe such advice should be avoided?
    > >
    > >Bill
    > >

    >
    >
    > Dr Dung's advice to diabetics on how to reduce meds both oral and
    > insulin on his diet quackery website.
    >
    >


    I specifically requested examples of medically incorrect information that Dr.
    Chung has given out that is not related to the two pound diet - because of the
    emotions it invokes. You have not done this. Also, your name calling does not
    enhance your credibility.

    Bill
     
  9. M. Schwartz

    M. Schwartz Guest

    "Budd Cochran" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Fine, whatever.
    >
    > But answer me this, mr Photographic Memory, do you remember every word
    > you've read or said in the last 6 months? Hmmm?
    >
    > Budd


    No, Budd, but I sure remember something I strongly disagree with. If I
    am going to talk trash about someone, I am going to have the ammo to
    back up what I say or...just be quiet.

    We all have a right to disagree with Dr. Chung or anyone else, but I
    think at the very least Dr. Chung deserves more respect because he is
    a professional and does help people here by contributing. I don't see
    any other cardiologist spending time here to answer questions, do you?

    If you disagree with your cardiologist, do you say he speaks junk or
    call him a quack? Why can't all those who disagree with Dr. Chung just
    present their argument in an intelligent manner and without malice?
    Why can't we disagree without name calling? Does anyone think it
    enhances their position to call Dr. Chung names and try to discredit
    him without proof? Not in my eyes.

    In fact, I have even more admiration for Dr. Chung because he stays
    here amid the insults and still offers help to people.

    Mel
    >
    > "M. Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > "Budd Cochran" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > > You do remember him saying "so much junk" but just can't remember
    > > anything specific. Interesting. Personally, I think comments like
    > > yours are junk.
    > >
    > > Mel
    > >
    > > > No, Bill, I can't because I've never seen anything from him worth
    > > > remembering or safe for me as a heart patient. OK?
    > > >
    > > > If you want more than that do the search.
    > > >
    > > > Budd
    > > >
    > > > "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]
    > > > >
    > > > > "Budd Cochran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > > news:%[email protected]
    > > > > > Just do a google search. He's dumped so much junk here since I came

    > here
    > > > > > back in April that I can't begin to remember it all. Little, if any,

    > was
    > > > > > sound, heart healthy advice.
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Do you have a cardiologist? If not, and you have chest pains, get

    > one
    > > > > > yesterday. He's the one to get your advice from because he has the

    > results
    > > > > > from your tests and knows your lifestyle. Chung, at best, could only

    > be
    > > > > > taking wild guesses about your personal condition.
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Budd
    > > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hi Budd,
    > > > >
    > > > > I have a Cardiologist and a good one too. She and I have been working

    > together
    > > > > to keep me alive since my first heart attack about 14 years ago. So

    > far,
    > it
    > > > > seems to have worked. :)
    > > > >
    > > > > I try to keep up with what is going on in the field by attending

    > lectures
    > > > > occasionally, and reading some. I came to this newsgroup a few months

    > ago
    > and
    > > > > got a good answer, from Dr. Chung, to a question I posed. Obviously,

    > this
    > is
    > > > > not the place to be if you are having chest pains. I think I would

    > prefer
    > the
    > > > > ER or at least my Cardiologist's office!
    > > > >
    > > > > However, there are still many general questions which can be asked and
    > > > > answered here. (I've even answered a few involving stuff I've been

    > through.)
    > > > > Two pound diet issues aside - which I refuse to discuss because of the
    > > > > emotions that immediately ensue - I believe Dr. Chung's answers have

    > been
    > > > > accurate. But I am willing to be shown to be wrong.
    > > > >
    > > > > So again I ask that - two pound diet issues aside - can you (or

    > anyone)
    > > > > provide examples of factually incorrect medical information that Dr.

    > Chung
    > has
    > > > > provided on this board?
    > > > >
    > > > > Bill
    > > > >
    > > > >
     
  10. Ronnie Ruff

    Ronnie Ruff Guest

    On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 16:02:22 -0700, M. Schwartz offered this:

    > I think at the very least Dr. Chung deserves more respect because he is
    > a professional


    I for one just wish the people from ASD and SMC would leave each other
    alone. No crossposting back and forth. With this post I am asking all
    involved to just LET IT GO. Those from ASD will not post to SMC and SMC
    folks will not crosspost to ASD.

    It is an easy fix.. Those that would argue about it like the disruption.
     
  11. Bob Cardone

    Bob Cardone Guest

    "Tiger Lily" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Variations On Mu" <[email protected]> wrote in message .com...
    >> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:04:02 -0600, "Tiger Lily" >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >common sense and an ability to read?

    >>
    >> Did it take common sense to do this?
    >>
    >> Then you have loads of it.
    >>
    >> http://www.heartmdphd.com/rip.asp

    >
    >lol..... oh, the shame to reply to a newsgroup post and ask how the 2 lb
    >diet holds up to the Harvard Food Pyramid
    >
    >the shame...... what can i say??...... Chung is paranoid?? i think that
    >covers it
    >


    And you are a dimwit with zero credentials and I think that covers it
    in spades.

    Bob
     
  12. Bob Cardone

    Bob Cardone Guest

    Don Kirkman <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It seems to me I heard somewhere that Budd Cochran wrote in article
    ><%[email protected]>:
    >
    >>Just do a google search. He's dumped so much junk here since I came here
    >>back in April that I can't begin to remember it all. Little, if any, was
    >>sound, heart healthy advice.

    >
    >If there's so much evidence in Google how about posting a few examples?
    >You're the one making the charge, not anyone else. Trolls love to make
    >claims and then ask their targets to look up the information.



    This Troll doesn't have any evidence at all to back up his ridiculous
    statement. That's what Trolls do, they say " I have proof that..
    blah..blah...blah... " and when you ask them to present one
    concrete example they either:

    1. Don't reply to the direct question
    2. Never ever post any example of their wild claim.
    3. or go away, never to return.

    Bob
     
  13. Bob Cardone

    Bob Cardone Guest

    "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >"Budd Cochran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> No, Bill, I can't because I've never seen anything from him worth
    >> remembering or safe for me as a heart patient. OK?
    >>
    >> If you want more than that do the search.
    >>
    >> Budd
    >>

    >
    >Hi Budd,
    >
    >As I suggested, there is no point in me doing such a search because I have
    >been here for several months and have not noticed any factually incorrect
    >medical posts. (Again I refuse to read about, discuss, etc. anything to do
    >with two lb diet issues.) However, if you have noted such things it should be
    >possible for you to do such a search and provide this information which would
    >be helpful to all of us - including me.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Bill
    >


    It's like making a claim that some famous person " Beats his wife".

    You would say , "show me some proof of what you are claiming to be
    true"

    The person then says, " Well you search for it, and you will find it.

    All Smoke and Mirrors.

    Bob
     
  14. Tiger Lily

    Tiger Lily Guest

    "Bob Cardone" <> wrote in message 4ax.com...
    > >> http://www.heartmdphd.com/rip.asp

    > >
    > >lol..... oh, the shame to reply to a newsgroup post and ask how the 2 lb
    > >diet holds up to the Harvard Food Pyramid
    > >
    > >the shame...... what can i say??...... Chung is paranoid?? i think that
    > >covers it
    > >

    >
    > And you are a dimwit with zero credentials and I think that covers it
    > in spades.
    >
    > Bob


    Bob...... i have agreed with you and stated that the crossposting of these
    threads is what causes the problems

    i have not called you names nor made derogatory remarks towards you

    did you look at the "terrible" things i said to inflame Chung??
    wow..... pretty easy to do i guess
     
  15. Bob Pastorio

    Bob Pastorio Guest

    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

    > "Paul E. Lehmann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>"Bob Cardone" <[email protected]!mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>>And there are pieces of Fecal matter like you , that have no
    >>>credentials in anything that is meaningful to anyone , that attack
    >>>someone that tries to help people free of charge.
    >>>
    >>>Do us all a favor, and F*** Off, a$$hole.
    >>>
    >>>Bob

    >>
    >>Now, now, now - your hero, Dr????? Chung, should warn you about slander and
    >>the threat of your being reported to your ISP.

    >
    >
    > Bob Cardone need not fear for speaking the truth.
    >
    > You on the other hand along with your ilk have much to fear.
    >
    > See your friend Mr. Pastorio who is trembling in the corner a mere
    > shadow of a person eating too many mushrooms.


    Thanks Chung. I need just a few more of these gratuitous and libelous
    innuendoes. Just making up a nice package.

    Pastorio
     
  16. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    Good morning,
    On 1-Sep-2003, [email protected] (mfg) wrote:
    <Bunch of stuff by Harold McNamara snipped>
    > > In any case, his medical advice should be avoided, or at least
    > > verified by one's own physician.


    Jany wrote:
    > Looks good to me:
    >
    > http://www.ama-assn.org/iwcf/iwcfmg....x=hello&row=0&key=0&amap=N&form_type=r&mem=N
    >
    > And if that doesn't get you there, go to the American Medical
    > Association's website and search under his name. I'm a newbie to this
    > group, and to computers too, still I was able to find out Dr. Chung is
    > 'real' with more than basic creds.
    >
    > MFG (Janey Canuck)


    Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but that proves that a Dr. Andrew B.
    Chung, cardiologist exists. Persons with minimal searching skills
    people have been able to ascertain that all along. It doesn't prove
    that the person posting here is him, though. As I pointed out to Mr.
    Bob Cardone elsewhere in this very thread "Dr. Chung", "Mu" and Carmen"
    all post from the same ISP (BellSouth). They could be three separate
    people, two people or just one person.
    Caution is still advisable when taking 'net advice (including this bit
    right here - maddening, isn't it? <G>)

    Take care,
    Carmen (?)
     
  17. Mack

    Mack Guest

    On 1 Sep 2003 16:02:22 -0700, [email protected] (M. Schwartz) wrote:

    >"Budd Cochran" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Fine, whatever.
    >>
    >> But answer me this, mr Photographic Memory, do you remember every word
    >> you've read or said in the last 6 months? Hmmm?
    >>
    >> Budd

    >
    >No, Budd, but I sure remember something I strongly disagree with. If I
    >am going to talk trash about someone, I am going to have the ammo to
    >back up what I say or...just be quiet.
    >
    >We all have a right to disagree with Dr. Chung or anyone else, but I
    >think at the very least Dr. Chung deserves more respect because he is
    >a professional and does help people here by contributing. I don't see
    >any other cardiologist spending time here to answer questions, do you?
    >
    >If you disagree with your cardiologist, do you say he speaks junk or
    >call him a quack? Why can't all those who disagree with Dr. Chung just
    >present their argument in an intelligent manner and without malice?
    >Why can't we disagree without name calling? Does anyone think it
    >enhances their position to call Dr. Chung names and try to discredit
    >him without proof? Not in my eyes.
    >
    >In fact, I have even more admiration for Dr. Chung because he stays
    >here amid the insults and still offers help to people.
    >
    >Mel



    if you want to see Dr Dung left alone, then get him to stop cross
    posting and trolling the diabetic and diet/low carb newsgroups. all
    of these newsgroups have repeatedly asked him to stop his cross
    posting and trolling. All would completely ignore Dr Dung if he would
    simply stop harassing those newsgroups.

    it does not take a PHD to figure that out. and yet he claims to be a
    PHD and can't figure that out.


    >>
    >> "M. Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> > "Budd Cochran" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    >> news:<[email protected]>...
    >> >
    >> > You do remember him saying "so much junk" but just can't remember
    >> > anything specific. Interesting. Personally, I think comments like
    >> > yours are junk.
    >> >
    >> > Mel
    >> >
    >> > > No, Bill, I can't because I've never seen anything from him worth
    >> > > remembering or safe for me as a heart patient. OK?
    >> > >
    >> > > If you want more than that do the search.
    >> > >
    >> > > Budd
    >> > >
    >> > > "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> > > news:[email protected]
    >> > > >
    >> > > > "Budd Cochran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> > > > news:%[email protected]
    >> > > > > Just do a google search. He's dumped so much junk here since I came

    >> here
    >> > > > > back in April that I can't begin to remember it all. Little, if any,

    >> was
    >> > > > > sound, heart healthy advice.
    >> > > > >
    >> > > > > Do you have a cardiologist? If not, and you have chest pains, get

    >> one
    >> > > > > yesterday. He's the one to get your advice from because he has the

    >> results
    >> > > > > from your tests and knows your lifestyle. Chung, at best, could only

    >> be
    >> > > > > taking wild guesses about your personal condition.
    >> > > > >
    >> > > > > Budd
    >> > > > >
    >> > > >
    >> > > > Hi Budd,
    >> > > >
    >> > > > I have a Cardiologist and a good one too. She and I have been working

    >> together
    >> > > > to keep me alive since my first heart attack about 14 years ago. So

    >> far,
    >> it
    >> > > > seems to have worked. :)
    >> > > >
    >> > > > I try to keep up with what is going on in the field by attending

    >> lectures
    >> > > > occasionally, and reading some. I came to this newsgroup a few months

    >> ago
    >> and
    >> > > > got a good answer, from Dr. Chung, to a question I posed. Obviously,

    >> this
    >> is
    >> > > > not the place to be if you are having chest pains. I think I would

    >> prefer
    >> the
    >> > > > ER or at least my Cardiologist's office!
    >> > > >
    >> > > > However, there are still many general questions which can be asked and
    >> > > > answered here. (I've even answered a few involving stuff I've been

    >> through.)
    >> > > > Two pound diet issues aside - which I refuse to discuss because of the
    >> > > > emotions that immediately ensue - I believe Dr. Chung's answers have

    >> been
    >> > > > accurate. But I am willing to be shown to be wrong.
    >> > > >
    >> > > > So again I ask that - two pound diet issues aside - can you (or

    >> anyone)
    >> > > > provide examples of factually incorrect medical information that Dr.

    >> Chung
    >> has
    >> > > > provided on this board?
    >> > > >
    >> > > > Bill
    >> > > >
    >> > > >
     
  18. M. Schwartz

    M. Schwartz Guest

    "Carmen " <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Good morning,
    > On 1-Sep-2003, [email protected] (mfg) wrote:
    > <Bunch of stuff by Harold McNamara snipped>
    > > > In any case, his medical advice should be avoided, or at least
    > > > verified by one's own physician.

    >
    > Jany wrote:
    > > Looks good to me:
    > >
    > > http://www.ama-assn.org/iwcf/iwcfmg....x=hello&row=0&key=0&amap=N&form_type=r&mem=N
    > >
    > > And if that doesn't get you there, go to the American Medical
    > > Association's website and search under his name. I'm a newbie to this
    > > group, and to computers too, still I was able to find out Dr. Chung is
    > > 'real' with more than basic creds.
    > >
    > > MFG (Janey Canuck)

    >
    > Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but that proves that a Dr. Andrew B.
    > Chung, cardiologist exists. Persons with minimal searching skills
    > people have been able to ascertain that all along. It doesn't prove
    > that the person posting here is him, though. As I pointed out to Mr.
    > Bob Cardone elsewhere in this very thread "Dr. Chung", "Mu" and Carmen"
    > all post from the same ISP (BellSouth). They could be three separate
    > people, two people or just one person.
    > Caution is still advisable when taking 'net advice (including this bit
    > right here - maddening, isn't it? <G>)
    >
    > Take care,
    > Carmen (?)


    I'll take that a step further. What's to prevent someone from having
    two or more ISP accounts with different providers?

    Mel (?) Paranoia runs deep
    Into your life it will creep
    Never dare turn your back
    Strange thinks lurk behind the crack
    Somewhere there is a knife
    How quickly day can turn to night.
     
  19. On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:58:07 GMT, "Carmen " <[email protected]>
    wrote:


    >
    >Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but that proves that a Dr. Andrew B.
    >Chung, cardiologist exists. Persons with minimal searching skills
    >people have been able to ascertain that all along. It doesn't prove
    >that the person posting here is him, though. As I pointed out to Mr.
    >Bob Cardone elsewhere in this very thread "Dr. Chung", "Mu" and Carmen"
    >all post from the same ISP (BellSouth). They could be three separate
    >people, two people or just one person.
    >Caution is still advisable when taking 'net advice (including this bit
    >right here - maddening, isn't it? <G>)
    >
    >Take care,
    >Carmen (?)


    The point is, I don't take his or anyone else's advice from their
    postings but I am interested in his/her comments. My heart condition
    is too serious for me to be seeking advice from people I have never
    met but it is useful if some of what I am told in cardiology
    departments in UK hospitals can be clarified. A heart surgeon told
    me a couple of weeks ago that they like to have patients like me who
    try hard to understand their own condition and who understand the
    terms used, but then they go too far with all the technical stuff and
    I can't write it down fast enough afterwards so I ask on here and have
    time to understand better. These great long threads maligning people
    seem pointless to me, and boring. Diana
     
  20. On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 20:03:48 -0600, "Tiger Lily" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >i have not called you names nor made derogatory remarks towards you
    >
    >did you look at the "terrible" things i said to inflame Chung??


    The below is one of several. If you google your everchanging handles,
    you will see much more of the same. You are a troll, no doubt, and
    have nothing to add here.

    This is all that needs to be said about you.

    http://www.heartmdphd.com/rip.asp
     
Loading...