Andy Schleck is doping...

greg52

Jul 26, 2007
it's so obvious. Every mountain stage he is riding calmly at the front. Every attack today he countered. He looks like he isn't even breaking a sweat.

I would say he is as blatant as Contador.

greg52 said:
it's so obvious. Every mountain stage he is riding calmly at the front. Every attack today he countered. He looks like he isn't even breaking a sweat.

I saw some sweat. I also saw a smile, but that could have been because Carlos was putting in the damage and they were making Cadel actually work from the front for a change.

If Andy was in contention, I think he could have gone with Sastre. Extremely strong the last few days, and you know what that usually means.

serpico7 said:
If Andy was in contention, I think he could have gone with Sastre. Extremely strong the last few days, and you know what that usually means.
That would have been too obvious, Riis is a smarter man than Gianetti

greg52 said:

Contador "won" last year, Andy is placed 12. in the GC 10.15 minutes after Sastre. So if he is juiced like Contador is then he should complain to his dope dealer.

--
Regards

Lonnie Utah said:
Maybe he's just that good.
i thinks so to.
I don't know if he's doping or not, but I don't think he is any more or less doped than the other favorites.

serpico7 said:
Frank's future is to be Andy's water boy.
From next year, I think Frank will ride for Andy in the grand tours, and vice-versa in the Ardennes and Lombardy.

interested said:
Contador "won" last year, Andy is placed 12. in the GC 10.15 minutes after Sastre. So if he is juiced like Contador is then he should complain to his dope dealer.

--
Regards

???

do you have any clue what you are talking about? do you have any idea how much work it is to do all the pulling for the leaders on your team and that he's not riding for himself he can't just attack when it would be of interest for him too etc.. etc... of course he's not as high placed as he could be.. but he's not trying to be either.. that fact that he can do all that pulling and still manage to stay with the leader in most cases and finish strongly says just how strong he really is...

2nd place in the Giro at the age of 21... i'll say it again... do you have any idea what you are talking about?

and you do understand that doping isn't the end all and be all... riders still need to do a hell of a lot of training 25-30hr a week and adapt and develop year over year right? the guy is like 22 years old.. he's a kid... grand tour winners peak at about 30 years old.. if he's this good now how good will he be when he peaks?

interested said:

--
Regards
Hmm. You defend Damsgaards AD programm, but he must have failed if you claim Contador is doping, since he does the testing for Astana now too, and Contador did win the Giro???
Raises serious clouds over CSC's performance in this Tour, very much USP/Disco like......

Aquamarinos said:
Hmm. You defend Damsgaards AD programm, but he must have failed if you claim Contador is doping, since he does the testing for Astana now too, and Contador did win the Giro???
Raises serious clouds over CSC's performance in this Tour, very much USP/Disco like......
I have been concerned to see the domination too.

Sure, they have strong riders, but so do other teams.

Remember when Paris-Nice was going on and the discussion centered around the fact that no one team was dominating. The guess (or hope) was that perhaps it was a sign of less doping since you did not see a team rule the pelaton.

I see teams like Gerolsteiner seeming to be pretty good when they've always been kind of also-rans. Then, CSC seems to have endless energy and has 3-4 men up to the critical points of the race. Arveson did drop off eventually and he is regarded as a clean rider but the rest of them stuck it out.

For CSC to have 3 guys in the end, when all the other GC contenders are down to themselves is suspicious and I have always liked the team.

hawkeye87 said:

Remember when Paris-Nice was going on and the discussion centered around the fact that no one team was dominating. The guess (or hope) was that perhaps it was a sign of less doping since you did not see a team rule the pelaton.

I see teams like Gerolsteiner seeming to be pretty good when they've always been kind of also-rans. Then, CSC seems to have endless energy and has 3-4 men up to the critical points of the race. Arveson did drop off eventually and he is regarded as a clean rider but the rest of them stuck it out.

For CSC to have 3 guys in the end, when all the other GC contenders are down to themselves is suspicious and I have always liked the team.
Saunier Duval-Scott also had a dominant team..

hawkeye87 said:

i think it was the Deutschland Tour when i saw Voit crush Leipheimer and i think Menchov was there too in a climb i was like.. this guy is going to get SO busted.. then he never did.. and then i was like.. ok, CSC has there **** together... Lance potion #9

I'd like to think CSC are clean, with his past, I can't see Riis condoning any of that stuff, he would be finished in cycling for good.

Aquamarinos said:

Contador's doping goes way, way back. He is a pupil of Manolo Saiz: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manolo_Saiz
Rode on the Liberty Seguros whose doping plans for 2005 was found in Operación Puerto. Contadors initials are on one of those doping plans. The evidence against him is pile high, including refusing to get a DNA test to prove that some blood bags doesn't belong to him. But all this is way prior to Astana's alledged doping program that started in 2008.

Regarding Damsgaards program for Astana, then please remember he has only given them a plan and a single speech, he doesn't run the Astana AD program at all. Since Astana gives no details on how the program is run, or which lab are performing the tests we might as well assume that it is a sham. Especially since it is run by a DS like Johan Bruyneel a known doper in his time that still lies about his past and still tries to paint Contador pink and innocent despite the heavy evidence. He is also the guy that hired Basso after Riis had fired him.

The question is not that Damsgaards AD program eliminates doping totally, it doesn't. But it does prevent the worst and most powerfull kind of blood doping. In fact the entire peleton rides much slower this year. Sastre made the Alpe d'Huez in more than 40 minutes which only makes him the 18. fastest rider to conquer it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpe_d'Huez

So the doping is less rampant this year since teams like SD got busted and the new wonder drug CERA turned out to be a trap. That means a slower peleton, much much closer between the top contenders, and several contenders are out of top 5, not because the others crushed them in motorcycle-like accelerations but because they had crashes or mechanical failures.

I am not saying that the peleton still doesn't dope. I am sure that Evans cuddle up tonight with his lion in one arm and an IV drop with insulin in the other so that he can recover for tomorrow.
But I am saying that there is less rampant Epo doping this year, and that includes team CSC-SB's performance. (only one stage win, they must be on discount Epo, eh?)

--
Regards

interested said:
Regarding Damsgaards program for Astana, then please remember he has only given them a plan and a single speech, he doesn't run the Astana AD program at all. Since Astana gives no details on how the program is run, or which lab are performing the tests we might as well assume that it is a sham.
That is interesting. Are you sure about this? I (and maybe some others) was under the impression that Damsgaard runs the same (or similar) program for Astana as they do for CSC.

TheDarkLord said:
That is interesting. Are you sure about this? I (and maybe some others) was under the impression that Damsgaard runs the same (or similar) program for Astana as they do for CSC.

Q: How did you decide to sign on with Rasmus Damsgaard's program?

A: In my opinion, it was the best available program with extensive and severe testing. It was something we really needed to do because of what had happened with this team. He did a speech [to the team] and explained his vision,...

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2008/columns/story?id=3474241

It doesn't really appear that Damsgaard is that involved since he appears only to have given a speech. Besides that I have only seen reliable info (from Damsgaard himself) that says he will make a AD plan and implement it for Astana, not who will take or carry out the tests etc. Almost all the info is from last year, before Astana's AD program started, so it is mostly "intentions" that are given.
A google search on Astana's homepage reveals nothing:
Damsgaard site:http://www.astana-cyclingteam.com/
or
http://www.google.com/search?hl=us&...na-cyclingteam.com/&btnG=Google-søgning&meta=

--
Regards

interested said:
The evidence against him is pile high, including refusing to get a DNA test to prove that some blood bags doesn't belong to him. But all this is way prior to Astana's alledged doping program that started in 2008.
I thought he volunteered to give a blood sample to put the OP mess behind him? Did he change his mind?

serpico7 said:
I thought he volunteered to give a blood sample to put the OP mess behind him? Did he change his mind?
That was just a smoke screen. He offered to give his DNA when he knew that there was no such plan. When the Spanish authorities later announced the plans to allow riders to clear themselves by offering DNA, our man didn't do anything. But then under JB's tutelage, what else would you expect?