Ann Arbor cycling/racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Gager

I am considering a move to Ann Arbor for an academic job. Can anyone fill me in on the racing scene
there (i'm cat 4, masters)? What about cycling in general - i came across an old post that mentioned
it is limited to 6 months out of the year. Are there any hills? Thanks Peter

Ann Arbor is a great town for a bike! You really don't want a car for in-town anything.

The outskirts of town have what we called a Ring of Death of a few miles of nastiness, bad
roads, traffic.

To the NW about 5 miles out of town and then for the next 50 miles it's all great riding though.
Hilly, pretty, quiet, safe.

To the S it can be kinda nice for flat riding in farmland.

AA has a good club and team scene with several levels. They used to have a fierce Thurs Nite ride of
about 45 miles. Silly because it hurt race results but fun for nonracers. I hope they have it in
control now.

There's also good racing in the area every weekend.

Yeah, winter cuts down on riding.

Enjoy!

--

Jeff Potter [email protected] http://OutYourBackdoor.com -- a friendly ezine of modern
folkways and culture revival...offering a line of alternative books and a world of bikes, boats,
skis...plus shops for great sleeper books, videos and music ...plus nationwide "Off the Beaten Path"
travel forums for local fun, bumperstickers and a new social magnet stickers! ...Holy Smokes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.