AnneTyler, and meals in her books

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mary, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. Mary

    Mary Guest

    I was reading an article in my local paper (Pittsburgh) about AnneTyler, which was reprinted from
    the NY Times. The writer said that of Anne's books centered around meals. I have read, I think, all
    of her books. What would be the legal or other problems about creating receipes for the meals
    mentioned in her books. and writing a book about them? Would it be a case of just "doing it", or
    would I need to consult, heaven forbid, layers (lawyers)?

    Tom

    Tags:

  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

    mary wrote:

    > I was reading an article in my local paper (Pittsburgh) about AnneTyler, which was reprinted from
    > the NY Times. The writer said that of Anne's books centered around meals. I have read, I think,
    > all of her books. What would be the legal or other problems about creating receipes for the meals
    > mentioned in her books. and writing a book about them? Would it be a case of just "doing it", or
    > would I need to consult, heaven forbid, layers (lawyers)?

    If you use her "universe," you'll need permission. Talk to an intellectual property lawyer.

    Pastorio