AnneTyler, and meals in her books

Mary

Guest
I was reading an article in my local paper (Pittsburgh) about AnneTyler, which was reprinted from
the NY Times. The writer said that of Anne's books centered around meals. I have read, I think, all
of her books. What would be the legal or other problems about creating receipes for the meals
mentioned in her books. and writing a book about them? Would it be a case of just "doing it", or
would I need to consult, heaven forbid, layers (lawyers)?

Tom

mary wrote:

> I was reading an article in my local paper (Pittsburgh) about AnneTyler, which was reprinted from
> the NY Times. The writer said that of Anne's books centered around meals. I have read, I think,
> all of her books. What would be the legal or other problems about creating receipes for the meals
> mentioned in her books. and writing a book about them? Would it be a case of just "doing it", or
> would I need to consult, heaven forbid, layers (lawyers)?

If you use her "universe," you'll need permission. Talk to an intellectual property lawyer.

Pastorio