ANNOUNCE: rec.bicycles.off-road now unmoderated

Rbor Moderators

Guest
We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision has
been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated. The proposal to remove moderation
was subject to a vote according to a CFV on March 7, with the following results:

For: 612 Against: 4

Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the years. We
are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We hope the
community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this wonderful resource.

The RBOR Moderation Team

On 1 Apr 2003 06:51:40 -0800, RBOR Moderators wrote:
> We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision has
> been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated.

Amazing, after the scathing comments I received everytime I suggested this.

BB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On 1 Apr 2003 06:51:40 -0800, RBOR Moderators wrote:
> > We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision
> > has been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated.
>
> Amazing, after the scathing comments I received everytime I suggested this.

Surely this is an un-real thing, in keeping with the day?

Shaun aRe - If not, surely it spells doom for this place, as everyone is bound to defect ;-(

On Thuesday, April 01, 2003 the RBOR Moderators wrote: -------------^^^^^^^^

> We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision has
> been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated. The proposal to remove
> moderation was subject to a vote according to a CFV on March 7, with the following results:
>
> For: 612 Against: 4
>
> Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
> moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the years. We
> are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We hope the
> community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this wonderful resource.
>
> The RBOR Moderation Team

There goes the neighborhood.......

"John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
> > moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the years.
> > We are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We hope the
> > community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this wonderful resource.
> >
> > The RBOR Moderation Team
>
> There goes the neighborhood.......

Aprils Fools you guys....how much you want to bet?

Penny

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:10:18 -0800, Penny S. wrote:

> Aprils Fools you guys....how much you want to bet?

*sigh* Silly me. I can't believe I didn't check it; it made way too much sense to come out of r.b.o.

[email protected] (RBOR Moderators) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision has
> been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated. The proposal to remove
> moderation was subject to a vote according to a CFV on March 7, with the following results:
>
> For: 612 Against: 4
>
> Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
> moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the years. We
> are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We hope the
> community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this wonderful resource.
>
> The RBOR Moderation Team

OOooo, can I guess? April Fool's joke?

I guess I could go over to news.groups and have a look-see, but who cares? It'll just be another
group to which zealots can spam and newbies can flail.

Heh - and cross-posts will reign...

Spider

"RBOR Moderators" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision has
> been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated. The proposal to remove
> moderation was subject to a vote according to a CFV on March 7, with the following results:
>
> For: 612 Against: 4
>
> Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
> moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the years. We
> are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We hope the
> community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this wonderful resource.
>
> The RBOR Moderation Team

Has anyone noticed that the cross-post does not include RBOR?

Lance

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> Surely this is an un-real thing, in keeping with the day?
>

> Shaun aRe - If not, surely it spells doom for this place, as everyone is bound to defect ;-(

i agree that it must be a april fools prank; but if it's not it won't matter here. a.mb was going
great guns alongside r.b.or before the moderation and didn't change after. the only *real* change it
would make is to give our resident eco fruitloops another group to crosspost to.

"L Hays" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "RBOR Moderators" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision
> > has been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated. The proposal to remove
> > moderation was subject to a vote according to a CFV on March 7, with the following results:
> >
> > For: 612 Against: 4
> >
> > Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
> > moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the years.
> > We are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We hope the
> > community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this wonderful resource.
> >
> > The RBOR Moderation Team
>
> Has anyone noticed that the cross-post does not include RBOR?

It showed up there anyway -- along with the usual 13 **** site spams and one or two (on a good day)
mtb-related posts.

Bill "too bad GT found a gig" S.

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 20:41:19 GMT, Sorni wrote:

>> Has anyone noticed that the cross-post does not include RBOR?
>
> It showed up there anyway -- along with the usual 13 **** site spams and one or two (on a good
> day) mtb-related posts.

I'm surprised they didn't moderate it out.

On 1 Apr 2003 06:51:40 -0800, [email protected] (RBOR Moderators) wrote:

.We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in .news.groups, the decision has
been made to make the newsgroup .rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated. The proposal to remove
moderation .was subject to a vote according to a CFV on March 7, with the .following results: .
.For: 612 .Against: 4 . .Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an
.unmoderated newsgroup. The moderators would like to thank everyone who .has supported our volunteer
efforts over the years. We are as glad as .anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet
community. We .hope the community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, .and enjoy
this wonderful resource. . .The RBOR Moderation Team

Yawn.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

and since our favorite **** for brains toad turd didn't show up there with the usual crosspost
drivel, it *is* bogus. shame isn't it mikey?

Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> >
> > > Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
> > > moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the
> > > years. We are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We
> > > hope the community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this
> > > wonderful resource.
> > >
> > > The RBOR Moderation Team
> >
> > There goes the neighborhood.......
> >

> Aprils Fools you guys....how much you want to bet?

John G, to whom you replied, typed:

"On Thuesday, April 01, 2003 the RBOR Moderators wrote: -------------^^^^^^^^"

I think he got his bet in before you Penny!

',;~}

Shaun aRe

James Connell <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> >
> > Surely this is an un-real thing, in keeping with the day?
> >

> > Shaun aRe - If not, surely it spells doom for this place, as everyone is bound to defect ;-(
> >

> i agree that it must be a april fools prank; but if it's not it won't matter here. a.mb was going
> great guns alongside r.b.or before the moderation and didn't change after. the only *real* change
> it would make is to give our resident eco fruitloops another group to crosspost to.

Oh no, it's already started! With the heavy draining of .sense of sarcasm. from a.m-b, our pitiful
fate is sealed....

<gulp> ;-(

Shaun aRe