ANNOUNCE: rec.bicycles.off-road now unmoderated

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Rbor Moderators, Apr 1, 2003.

  1. We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision has
    been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated. The proposal to remove moderation
    was subject to a vote according to a CFV on March 7, with the following results:

    For: 612 Against: 4

    Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
    moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the years. We
    are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We hope the
    community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this wonderful resource.

    The RBOR Moderation Team

    Tags:

  2. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On 1 Apr 2003 06:51:40 -0800, RBOR Moderators wrote:
    > We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision has
    > been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated.

    Amazing, after the scathing comments I received everytime I suggested this.

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    BB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On 1 Apr 2003 06:51:40 -0800, RBOR Moderators wrote:
    > > We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision
    > > has been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated.
    >
    > Amazing, after the scathing comments I received everytime I suggested this.

    Surely this is an un-real thing, in keeping with the day?

    Shaun aRe - If not, surely it spells doom for this place, as everyone is bound to defect ;-(

  4. John G

    John G Guest

    On Thuesday, April 01, 2003 the RBOR Moderators wrote: -------------^^^^^^^^

    > We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision has
    > been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated. The proposal to remove
    > moderation was subject to a vote according to a CFV on March 7, with the following results:
    >
    > For: 612 Against: 4
    >
    > Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
    > moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the years. We
    > are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We hope the
    > community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this wonderful resource.
    >
    > The RBOR Moderation Team

    There goes the neighborhood.......

  5. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
    > > moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the years.
    > > We are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We hope the
    > > community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this wonderful resource.
    > >
    > > The RBOR Moderation Team
    >
    > There goes the neighborhood.......

    Aprils Fools you guys....how much you want to bet?

    Penny

  6. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:10:18 -0800, Penny S. wrote:

    > Aprils Fools you guys....how much you want to bet?

    *sigh* Silly me. I can't believe I didn't check it; it made way too much sense to come out of r.b.o.

  7. Spider

    Spider Guest

    [email protected] (RBOR Moderators) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision has
    > been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated. The proposal to remove
    > moderation was subject to a vote according to a CFV on March 7, with the following results:
    >
    > For: 612 Against: 4
    >
    > Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
    > moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the years. We
    > are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We hope the
    > community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this wonderful resource.
    >
    > The RBOR Moderation Team

    OOooo, can I guess? April Fool's joke?

    I guess I could go over to news.groups and have a look-see, but who cares? It'll just be another
    group to which zealots can spam and newbies can flail.

    Heh - and cross-posts will reign...

    Spider

  8. L Hays

    L Hays Guest

    "RBOR Moderators" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision has
    > been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated. The proposal to remove
    > moderation was subject to a vote according to a CFV on March 7, with the following results:
    >
    > For: 612 Against: 4
    >
    > Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
    > moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the years. We
    > are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We hope the
    > community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this wonderful resource.
    >
    > The RBOR Moderation Team

    Has anyone noticed that the cross-post does not include RBOR?

    Lance

  9. Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > Surely this is an un-real thing, in keeping with the day?
    >

    > Shaun aRe - If not, surely it spells doom for this place, as everyone is bound to defect ;-(

    i agree that it must be a april fools prank; but if it's not it won't matter here. a.mb was going
    great guns alongside r.b.or before the moderation and didn't change after. the only *real* change it
    would make is to give our resident eco fruitloops another group to crosspost to.

  10. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "L Hays" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "RBOR Moderators" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in news.groups, the decision
    > > has been made to make the newsgroup rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated. The proposal to remove
    > > moderation was subject to a vote according to a CFV on March 7, with the following results:
    > >
    > > For: 612 Against: 4
    > >
    > > Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
    > > moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the years.
    > > We are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We hope the
    > > community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this wonderful resource.
    > >
    > > The RBOR Moderation Team
    >
    > Has anyone noticed that the cross-post does not include RBOR?

    It showed up there anyway -- along with the usual 13 porn site spams and one or two (on a good day)
    mtb-related posts.

    Bill "too bad GT found a gig" S.

  11. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 20:41:19 GMT, Sorni wrote:

    >> Has anyone noticed that the cross-post does not include RBOR?
    >
    > It showed up there anyway -- along with the usual 13 porn site spams and one or two (on a good
    > day) mtb-related posts.

    I'm surprised they didn't moderate it out.

  12. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

  13. On 1 Apr 2003 06:51:40 -0800, [email protected] (RBOR Moderators) wrote:

    .We are pleased to announce that, after an RFD and long discussion in .news.groups, the decision has
    been made to make the newsgroup .rec.bicycles.off-road unmoderated. The proposal to remove
    moderation .was subject to a vote according to a CFV on March 7, with the .following results: .
    .For: 612 .Against: 4 . .Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an
    .unmoderated newsgroup. The moderators would like to thank everyone who .has supported our volunteer
    efforts over the years. We are as glad as .anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet
    community. We .hope the community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, .and enjoy
    this wonderful resource. . .The RBOR Moderation Team

    Yawn.
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  14. and since our favorite shit for brains toad turd didn't show up there with the usual crosspost
    drivel, it *is* bogus. shame isn't it mikey?

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >> >
    > > > Accordingly, effective immediately, rec.bicycles.off-road is now an unmoderated newsgroup. The
    > > > moderators would like to thank everyone who has supported our volunteer efforts over the
    > > > years. We are as glad as anyone that this decision has been made by the Usenet community. We
    > > > hope the community will make responsible use of rec.bicycles.off-road, and enjoy this
    > > > wonderful resource.
    > > >
    > > > The RBOR Moderation Team
    > >
    > > There goes the neighborhood.......
    > >

    > Aprils Fools you guys....how much you want to bet?

    John G, to whom you replied, typed:

    "On Thuesday, April 01, 2003 the RBOR Moderators wrote: -------------^^^^^^^^"

    I think he got his bet in before you Penny!

    ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  16. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    James Connell <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > >
    > > Surely this is an un-real thing, in keeping with the day?
    > >

    > > Shaun aRe - If not, surely it spells doom for this place, as everyone is bound to defect ;-(
    > >

    > i agree that it must be a april fools prank; but if it's not it won't matter here. a.mb was going
    > great guns alongside r.b.or before the moderation and didn't change after. the only *real* change
    > it would make is to give our resident eco fruitloops another group to crosspost to.

    Oh no, it's already started! With the heavy draining of .sense of sarcasm. from a.m-b, our pitiful
    fate is sealed....

    <gulp> ;-(

    Shaun aRe