Announcing a new indy bike culture website!

Well, I finally went and created an indy bike culture website with full
resources! ---AllBike! It's at http://AllBikemag.com.

So now there's an indy DIY place for bike buffs of all kinds that's
like OutYourBackdoor.com but without the general interest *all*-culture
angle.

I think it's one of the only bike media that includes it all together,
that, for instance, includes recumbents and folders in with roadbikes
on equal terms. (VeloVision is similar...and there must be others out
there.)

I think it'll be fun to see race reports, say, that aren't about the
pro teams---they'll be about the small-world amateur projects instead,
the kind that keep the sport alive.

It could turn into a print item, too, whenever I can do it.

It's a spinoff satellite of the OYB site and any reader can easily hook
back into the OYB motherlode if they want a wider DIY vibe covering
things like music, archery, canoeing, XC ski.

What's more, I've created 2 other new satellite sites---
http://UpNorthmag.com (for indy Michigan culture) and
http://HooknBullet.com (for indy hunting and fishing) to give respect
to two other major niches that comprise OYB.

YOW!

--Jeff Potter, herder of cats at the OYB indy culture world HQ

bryanska wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>Well, I finally went and created an indy bike culture website with full
>>resources! ---AllBike! It's at http://AllBikemag.com.

> Wouldn't that be "indie"?
>
> Indy being short for Indianapolis.

Maybe he is referring to bikes made in Indianapolis?

Ken
--
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

On 2005-12-07, Ken M <[email protected]> wrote:

> bryanska wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>
>>>Well, I finally went and created an indy bike culture website with full
>>>resources! ---AllBike! It's at http://AllBikemag.com.

>> Wouldn't that be "indie"?
>>
>> Indy being short for Indianapolis.
>>

> Maybe he is referring to bikes made in Indianapolis?

I was thinking bikes made by Silicon Graphics.

--

John ([email protected])

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well, I finally went and created an indy bike culture website with full
> resources! ---AllBike! It's at http://AllBikemag.com.
>
> So now there's an indy DIY place for bike buffs of all kinds that's
> like OutYourBackdoor.com but without the general interest *all*-culture
> angle.
>
> I think it's one of the only bike media that includes it all together,
> that, for instance, includes recumbents and folders in with roadbikes
> on equal terms. (VeloVision is similar...and there must be others out
> there.)
>
> I think it'll be fun to see race reports, say, that aren't about the
> pro teams---they'll be about the small-world amateur projects instead,
> the kind that keep the sport alive.
>
> It could turn into a print item, too, whenever I can do it.

Jeff,

Great website! Print would be a terrific idea. Even though there are many
cycling magazines, there aren't many magazines that focus on bicycling being
a culture.

I can't wait to get back on a bike again. Even though it'll be a trike.

Regards,
Cully_J

http://comatimes.blogspot.com/

[email protected] wrote:
> Well, I finally went and created an indy bike culture website with full
> resources! ---AllBike! It's at http://AllBikemag.com.
>
> YOW!
>
> --Jeff Potter, herder of cats at the OYB indy culture world HQ

I rather like it but I have one minor complaint. What is MSU?
Mississipi State University? Aha, I finally found it in the comment
where it said East Lancing (sp?) On a world wide net it is a good idea
to give the full name before using the abreviation.

I did like the article though.
John Kane, Kingston ON Canada