Announcing Version 2.1 WKO+ with Performance Manager!

Hunter w/kg

Jul 4, 2003
We are pleased to announce the release of WKO+ version 2.1 as a FREE upgrade for all those users who have already upgraded to version 2.0.

Included in Version 2.1 is the scientifically designed Performance Management Chart. This chart is absolutely revolutionary and will help you to predict exactly when you will be ‘on form’. One of the most incredible innovations by Dr. Andrew R. Coggan, your season training plan will never be the same again.

http://www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com/power411/howtoperformancemanager.asp

Also included is ibike file format support. Just drag and drop your ibike file directly onto WKO+ and instantly have your ibike power data in WKO+!

WKO+ is now available in five languages! With Version 2.1, you can now install WKO+ in English, Spanish, Italian, French and German.

Finally, we have included a .gpx export for all you GPS lovers out there. Take your GPS file and export it as a .gpx to use in CyclingPeaks Real 3D, CRS+ or other programs.

If you have version 2.0 already, all you need to do is goto the UNLOCK and CUSTOMER LOG IN page on www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com , log in and then click the ‘Download Products’ link, where you’ll be able to download Version 2.1
No need to uninstall 2.0 or use the ‘migration tool’ again, just install it right over top of 2.0 and all your data will be safe.

To upgrade to 2.1 from 1.1, just goto www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com and click BUY IT NOW. All users of 1.1 are still entitled to a 50% off discount of the retail pricing of version 2.1.

Enjoy!

Hunter Allen
President
CyclingPeaks Software
www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com

frenchyge said:
WhooHooo! Thanks Hunter (and Andy). Is there still a free demo?

Yes, absolutely. A free 14 day trial for everyone.

It's a free upgrade to users that have already bought the 2.0 upgrade. They can just install over top of their 2.0.

Hunter

I've just ended the 14 day trial mode.

If I buy now , will it be included in the price of 99 usd

stevevinck said:
I've just ended the 14 day trial mode.

If I buy now , will it be included in the price of 99 usd

Absolutely. Buy Now, and then you can log in to the UNLOCK AND CUSTOMER LOG IN page and then download the latest 2.1 version and install overtop of 2.0.
It will keep your data safe and you'll have the latest Version!

Hunter

I don't see anything about a free upgrade. The only links I get in the software section is for the upgrade from 1.1. How do I get the free upgrade if I already have 2.0?

nberk76 said:
I don't see anything about a free upgrade. The only links I get in the software section is for the upgrade from 1.1. How do I get the free upgrade if I already have 2.0?

Uh, you might want to read Hunter's initial post again. It contains the instructions on how to upgrade to 2.1 if you have already upgraded to 2.0.

Bob

I followed the instructions and now I am locked out of CP. It wants another validation code and won't use mine from version 2.0. I can't get another validation code without a payment id, and can't get one of those without paying another fee. Not quite sure what happened here. Hopefully tech support will help me out when they open in the morning. Anyone else have any trouble with the free upgrade?

Looks like I got one of the first versions on day one and then neglected to download some of the fixes. I knew I must of done something wrong. Anyway, Hunter took care of it and everything is working great. That is some awesome tech support they have over there. It took them less than 45 minutes to respond and have me up and going. :D

Rocket^ said:
Looks like I got one of the first versions on day one and then neglected to download some of the fixes. I knew I must of done something wrong. Anyway, Hunter took care of it and everything is working great. That is some awesome tech support they have over there. It took them less than 45 minutes to respond and have me up and going. :D

For sure! For a piece of software so inexpensive, and the fact that both Hunter and Andy post here, and they have good support, it's truly refreshing to know a company that really takes care of their customers. As far as I am concerned, I'll buy whatever those guys make, they have such great products and support.

Bob

This performance manager looks very useful. I keep my own spreadsheets as well as cps and have a rolling tss chart on there to try to monitor this sort of thing, but this seems to take it on another level.

I may have missed something in the programme, but one thing that I've always wanted to be able to do is to keep track of different types of intervals on a chart somewhere. For example, most of my real training is done on some fairly big hills, and I always put a lap marker into my powertap at the same place to mark the start and finish of each of those climbs. Once I've got the data back into CPS, obviously I can then easily look at just the climb (did I start too hard? that sort of question) but I'd like to be able to give that climbing interval a specific code and create a chart that links only to that particular hill so that I could plot different performances on that climb against a time line. Obviously you'd hope to see the time taken drop, or at least the av power increase against time as you got quicker. Am I missing a function that already does this sort of thing, or is there a decent work-around (perhaps create a new athlete for each hill and copy the relevant bit of the wko file into that profile?)

Hunter w/kg said:
Included in Version 2.1 is the scientifically designed Performance Management Chart. This chart is absolutely revolutionary and will help you to predict exactly when you will be ‘on form’. One of the most incredible innovations by Dr. Andrew R. Coggan, your season training plan will never be the same again.

http://www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com/power411/howtoperformancemanager.asp
I've been putting off upgrading from v1.1 to v2 until now, but it looks like I'll finally be upgrading afterall, if for this feature only.

Ken

rob of the og said:
of different types of intervals on a chart somewhere.
Workouts: Save your workouts with a specific code, select these codes on the chalkboard and chart them.

Intervals: Go to the datafile and cut the interval out and save as a new file. Create a new athlete profile and log the intervals to the new athlete. This stops you from double-counting the training in your default profile. As above, code the intervals by type and run them in the chalkboard or homepage.

Spunout said:
Workouts: Save your workouts with a specific code, select these codes on the chalkboard and chart them.

Intervals: Go to the datafile and cut the interval out and save as a new file. Create a new athlete profile and log the intervals to the new athlete. This stops you from double-counting the training in your default profile. As above, code the intervals by type and run them in the chalkboard or homepage.

That'll work. One of the things with cps is that it's so flexible, that I almost think of it as some open source training diary creator. Of course this means that I tend to expect to be able to do anything I want with it, and get frustrated when I find something that I can't do. For instance, I find the calendar format quite frustrating - I'd really like something that looks more like the MS Outlook calendar so that I can visualise the training sessions in time, rather than as a series of events.

And I'd like to be able to save subsets, so that I can go back and forth between different sets of data on the chalkboard more easily (eg. save a set for 'cycling' 'workout type E1' 'between whatever dates') and select this directly on the chalkboard, rather than go to calendar, select a few different things, then go back to the chalkboard.

I want, I want, I want ;)

sugaken said:
I've been putting off upgrading from v1.1 to v2 until now, but it looks like I'll finally be upgrading afterall, if for this feature only.

Ken
Bingo, me too. Many of the new features looked really neat, but I was fine with CP 1.1. This pushed me over the edge.

Just got mine. Lots of nifty new features above the v1.1 that I was using before, and $48.50 is darn reasonable. Great work guys, and keep it coming!

frenchyge said:
Just got mine. Lots of nifty new features above the v1.1 that I was using before, and $48.50 is darn reasonable. Great work guys, and keep it coming!

This is most excellent. So if I follow the curves and made sure I have put in all the correct inputs it means if I tapered now I would hit peak form on the 8th of September? I have been training hard to lose weight and am probably digging a big hole that will mean a lighter me (taking care not to do a Levi) and will have to rebuild power from there. I notice that a couple of the others I coach will hit their peaks a lot sooner and are not training as much as me.

Hamish Ferguson
Cycling Coach

Don't forget the predictive curve doesn't count your training from today to that peak. So it forces you to back off and taper so that the yellow curve stays high.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does the starting value for the ATL and CTL constant change and affect?