Annoying creaking sound

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Bazza, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Bazza

    Bazza Guest

    Hi guys, I have this annoying creaking sound, thats driving me nuts.

    I think its the saddle, but I have tried changing 3 saddles, and greased the seat post and the
    saddle connector, but still there is this creaking sound. If I stand and pedal it stops, so I am
    thinking it must be the saddle or seat area. Its a good quality Giant MTB. Any suggestions please,
    before I go nuts. Cheers

    Tags:

  2. wassupdawg

    wassupdawg New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2004
    rigid or dually rear end ?

    process of elimination i guess. can you momentarily swap over with another (mate's?) seatpost/seat just to make sure its not somewhere all together else like BB, headset.
    Doesnt sound likely if it goes when stomping but you never know.
    Its like that sodding spider that takes up residence in the car and puts a nice little web around your RVmirror or plates.
    You can kill it, but his mate just logs on an takes up the cause...

  3. Ashley

    Ashley Guest

    "Bazza" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi guys, I have this annoying creaking sound, thats driving me nuts.
    >
    > I think its the saddle, but I have tried changing 3 saddles, and greased
    the
    > seat post and the saddle connector, but still there is this creaking
    sound.
    > If I stand and pedal it stops, so I am thinking it must be the saddle or seat area. Its a good
    > quality Giant MTB. Any suggestions please, before I go nuts. Cheers

    Does it make the noise if you grab the seat with your hands and twist it around? Have you tried
    greasing the interface between the seat clamp and the frame? In my experience creaks generally come
    from the seat post rather than the saddle itself.

    Phil -posting from a friends computer

  4. Euan B Uk

    Euan B Uk Guest

    Bazza> Hi guys, I have this annoying creaking sound, thats driving me nuts. I think its the
    Bazza> saddle, but I have tried changing 3 saddles, and greased the seat post and the saddle
    Bazza> connector, but still there is this creaking sound. If I stand and pedal it stops, so I am
    Bazza> thinking it must be the saddle or seat area. Its a good quality Giant MTB. Any
    Bazza> suggestions please, before I go nuts. Cheers

    It's my shoes that do the creaking. Drove me nuts trying to pin it down, now I know what it is I
    don't worry too much about it. They're comfy shoes :)

    --
    Cheers Euan

  5. Alex

    Alex Guest

    both my saddle and my cleats creak. very annoying...

    > Bazza> Hi guys, I have this annoying creaking sound, thats driving me nuts. I think its the
    > Bazza> saddle, but I have tried changing 3 saddles, and greased the seat post and the saddle
    > Bazza> connector, but still there is this creaking sound. If I stand and pedal it stops, so I
    > Bazza> am thinking it must be the saddle or seat area. Its a good quality Giant MTB. Any
    > Bazza> suggestions please, before I go nuts. Cheers
    >
    > It's my shoes that do the creaking. Drove me nuts trying to pin it down, now I know what it is I
    > don't worry too much about it. They're comfy shoes :)
    >
    > --
    > Cheers Euan

  6. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    i think my joints creak on cold mornings...

  7. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    Try a bong instead.

    Sort of cycling content follows:
    Does anyone have suggestions for sending two wheels in boxes from Melbourne to Wodonga (actually just outside Wodonga)?
    I have a guy interested in my Mavic CrossRocs but he wants to know how much postage is. I used DHL guessing 3kg, 70x70x20cm and it will cost $170!!! That's 1/3 the price of the wheels! Any cheaper couriers?

    hippy

  8. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    There's them local/route specific couriers that go to Albury/wodonga. dont know any names but googling taxi trucks/couriers and albury/wodonga should get you there

    I'll take em off your hands :p