Annoying Squeak ( Saddle )

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Mark_pringle, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Mark_pringle

    Mark_pringle Guest

    Hi all, I have this annoying squeak like sound, and it seems to be coming from my saddle area. I
    have greased the seatpost, and everything, but the squeak is still there. Any tips ? Thanks Heaps

    Tags:

  2. Alan Erskine

    Alan Erskine Guest

    "Mark_Pringle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all, I have this annoying squeak like sound, and it seems to be coming from my saddle area. I
    > have greased the seatpost, and everything, but the squeak is still
    there.
    > Any tips ? Thanks Heaps

    I had the very same problem - I have a Mongoose xway 850. On mine, it was the actual saddle,
    not the seat post that was squeaking. It had to be replaced (manufacturing fault) and didn't
    cost me anything.

    --
    Alan Erskine
    We can get people to the Moon in five years,

  3. crystal_tears_

    crystal_tears_ New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2003
    Well the only thing i can possibly think it could be is a mouse trapped inbetween the rails of your cycle saddle. Always worth taking a look in the aforementioned location. You never know, stranger things do happen at sea!

  4. Hammer

    Hammer Guest

    Yes,

    I have found the problem in this area to be what's called a "Terry Collins". They can however be
    quite easily removed. However, if you find that this is not the problem then I am sure someone here
    will find the answer for you. Perhaps you might like to explain the type and brand of seat.

    Hammer

    "Mark_Pringle" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all, I have this annoying squeak like sound, and it seems to be coming from my saddle area. I
    > have greased the seatpost, and everything, but the squeak is still
    there.
    > Any tips ? Thanks Heaps

  5. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "Mark_Pringle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all, I have this annoying squeak like sound, and it seems to be coming from my saddle area. I
    > have greased the seatpost, and everything, but the squeak is still
    there.
    > Any tips ? Thanks Heaps

    My Selle Italia Gel Flite Titanium (or some crazy combo of those words!) squeeks. You'd think a $200
    saddle would just have the manners to keep its mouth shut?! I've never bothered to fix it, but it's
    most likely the seat rails. Try forcing some grease into the point where the rails join to the..
    um.. top/saddle thing.

    hth hippy

  6. amirm

    amirm New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2003
    Hi,

    I don't know if this is going to help. I had an annoying squeak as yours. Lubricating every possible bit on the saddle and the seat post (suspension seat post) did not help. I gave up. Finally when I got a new bike, I changed the seat post (stopped using the suspension post). The saddle went on the new bike. Now none of the bikes squeak. So it means the problem was most likely with the post. The saddle is a Selle Italia Octavia. Don't know about the post. It came as an OEM part (cheapish, but deceptively good looking).

    Good Luck,
    Amir.