Annual birthday ride !

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by zipp2001, Apr 29, 2016.

1. zipp2001

zipp2001 Well-Known Member

I started doing my birthday rides 36 years ago, and todays was only the 4th one I didn't complete my age. I was 12 miles into my ride when at a light a woman behind me let me know I had a hole in my bibs. It wasn't bad to start but it kept growing. Thank goodness it was a tad chilly today and I wore a tee-shirt with leg and arm warmers. I was able to at least keep pulling the tee-shirt down lower as the hole got bigger. I had several people honk at me, like they've never seen an old white a** before. I decided before the hole exposed my entire a** I would head home. Oh well I guess I'm 36 this year.

Tags:

2. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Happy birthday!

zipp2001 likes this.
  3. Uawadall

Uawadall Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday! Just ride double next year,lol...

zipp2001 likes this.
  4. sharkantropo

sharkantropo Member

Happy Birthday!. Cool music selection btw. You know how it is when goody-goody people honk at you: they see you drivin', they hatin'. Enjoy the ride.

zipp2001 likes this.
  5. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Happy belated birthday man! Hope the ride was well and its a good idea to go on birthday rides. Doing an event that you enjoy a lot is such a great gift to you!

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

First of all, may I greet you a happy 36th birthday. Second, I hope someone gifts you with a cycling short, hahahaaah. But seriously, that's a good idea to ride a distance related to your age. Sad to say, I cannot do that because my age is already a big number and what do you think would people think of me if they see what's behind my cycling shorts? Anyway, have a good day on your natal day.

7. erook7878

erook7878 Member

I wish I had roads like that where I live. I live in an urban area and roads like that are just nonexistent. Those look awesome to bike on.

8. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Everyone is entitled to show their a** a little on their birthday.

9. Shark425

Shark425 Member

Last year I managed to finish 70 miles for my 70th birthday. The year before, I go 50 of the 69, but having fought 25 mph headwinds with gusts even higher for most of that 50, I ran out of "gas" and had to have the wife come get me., I did the other 19 the following day.