Annual birthday ride !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
I started doing my birthday rides 36 years ago, and todays was only the 4th one I didn't complete my age. I was 12 miles into my ride when at a light a woman behind me let me know I had a hole in my bibs. It wasn't bad to start but it kept growing. Thank goodness it was a tad chilly today and I wore a tee-shirt with leg and arm warmers. I was able to at least keep pulling the tee-shirt down lower as the hole got bigger. I had several people honk at me, like they've never seen an old white a** before. I decided before the hole exposed my entire a** I would head home. Oh well I guess I'm 36 this year.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Happy Birthday!. Cool music selection btw. You know how it is when goody-goody people honk at you: they see you drivin', they hatin'. Enjoy the ride.

Reactions: zipp2001
Happy belated birthday man! Hope the ride was well and its a good idea to go on birthday rides. Doing an event that you enjoy a lot is such a great gift to you!

First of all, may I greet you a happy 36th birthday. Second, I hope someone gifts you with a cycling short, hahahaaah. But seriously, that's a good idea to ride a distance related to your age. Sad to say, I cannot do that because my age is already a big number and what do you think would people think of me if they see what's behind my cycling shorts? Anyway, have a good day on your natal day.

I wish I had roads like that where I live. I live in an urban area and roads like that are just nonexistent. Those look awesome to bike on.

Everyone is entitled to show their a** a little on their birthday.

Last year I managed to finish 70 miles for my 70th birthday. The year before, I go 50 of the 69, but having fought 25 mph headwinds with gusts even higher for most of that 50, I ran out of "gas" and had to have the wife come get me., I did the other 19 the following day.