Annual TSS?

daveryanwyoming said:
Andy,

I don't interpret the TSS guidelines in your book as suggesting 100-150 TSS/d nonstop every day which is what the TSS/d derived from yearly totals suggests. I took the 100-150 TSS with recovery as a suggestion for "on" day work with the assumption that stage racing aside most folks take at least one if not two easy or off days a week.

From that standpoint, a 6 day a week rider might get 100 TSS per training day for 600 week then take a rest day for an average daily TSS of 85.7.

A four day a week block trainer might get four 150 TSS days followed by 3 rest days for the same daily average.

If you consider most folks taper at least once during the season and get sick or injured or have an unplanned training interruption a couple of times a year your "on" day TSS guidelines and the results of this informal survey seem to be pretty much bang on.

Did you really mean the 100-150 TSS/day to be a CTL guideline in the sense you thought folks would get that on a weekly average including rest days?

-Dave
Thanks. I was going to ask Andy the same question.

Andy - does this mean that we're "underachieving"? :) Or just that you find interesting we've quantified the gap between the pros who could average 100-150 TSS/day easily and working stiffs who on average can only swing ~83.

POGATA said:
How many percent of your total training load, have you spent in level 4 and higher?

(Question is for everybody.)
Only about 20%. This was by average power for all levels, no NP. This was from the time-in-zone bar chart in WKO+.

Caveats: If a little blip of power came in at L3-level while in the midst of a L4 interval, WKO+ puts it in the L3 bin. On the other side of this, I consider all my cyclo-cross training (non-skills work) and racing time as 100% L4 time (I don't have a power meter on my 'cross bike.)

Steve_B said:
Only about 20%. This was by average power for all levels, no NP. This was from the time-in-zone bar chart in WKO+.
FWIW, the WKO+ time in level bar chart is a simple frequency distribution of power. It doesn't take into consideration duration, AP or NP.

RapDaddyo said:
FWIW, the WKO+ time in level bar chart is a simple frequency distribution of power. It doesn't take into consideration duration, AP or NP.
Yes, I should not have said "by AP" there.