Another 49 cyclists implicated in OP ! new 6000 page dossier released...

Correct. But then we would be entitled to assume that he is guilty like all the rest. Of course, in the amoral world of pro-cycling concepts like guilt and innocence have very little real meaning.
poulidor said:
Refusing a DNA test, Oscar would probably win the TDF because of no proof against him! He would take (or keep) the money, the title, and unglorious victory !Similar to Basso's confession.

poulidor said:
Refusing a DNA test, Oscar would probably win the TDF because of no proof against him! He would take (or keep) the money, the title, and unglorious victory !
Similar to Basso's confession.
Fair is fair. I hope that all who called for JU, Basso, etc., to submit to DNA tests also hold Oscar, Valverde, etc., to the same standard.

Time for a thorough house cleaning .... especially of team managers, DS's, doctors, and all who promote doping at the expense of rider's health. Rider's aren't absolved of responsibility but it doesn't simply start and end them their culpability.

Serafino said:
Fair is fair. I hope that all who called for JU, Basso, etc., to submit to DNA tests also hold Oscar, Valverde, etc., to the same standard.

Time for a thorough house cleaning .... especially of team managers, DS's, doctors, and all who promote doping at the expense of rider's health. Rider's aren't absolved of responsibility but it doesn't simply start and end them their culpability.

This is basically all I wanted and what I *****ed about. You should never single out one athlete to carry the sins of all the rest.
I sincerly hate to see the sport blow up like this, but .....life goes on.

Serafino said:
Sure, someone who flees in a such context when cycling needs strong people, that stinks a lot ...

Serafino said:
and SUPPLIERS who are making big monneys

From a civil rights perspective I was against the witch hunt mentality and the call for DNA samples to "prove" innocence prior to any charges being laid.

Now, however, I think that the only solution is an AMNESTY for anyone who spills and beans and confesses and a new start for cycling.

Its such a mess, that we have to start over and get rid of the doping network behind the riders.

AMNESTY for the riders for confess. Mandatory testing systems under a new regime and absolutely no mercy for anybody who's "pimping" drugs to the riders. Thank includes doctors, team officials, etc.

Gregers said:
Sounds like the usual mealy mouthed whine of a suspected doper.
If any genuinely innocent individual was suspected of a major misdemeanour and if his future employment and his past achievements depended on establishing his innocence, then I've a sneaking feeling that the individual would be more than willing to do just about anything to establish that innocence. To deny himself the opportunity to do this would be foolish in the extreme and would inevitably lead to his guilt being assumed. Even if that might be unfair, it is simply the way the world works. It is not as though these suspected cheats are being invited to do anything particularly intrusive-it's hardly a bone marrow test that they are being asked to submit to.
Go on Oscar, if you can't make a tiny concession in the interest of yourself and your blighted sport then fcuk off and join the other phonies and frauds who have plunged your chosen sport into public ridicule.
Cue the usual protests about ensuring due process and not having to prove your innocense. Wake up, fools. It's gone way beyond that.
Well said man!

wicklow200 said:
What a fool. Anyone know his dog's name?

Lance has a dog! He must be guilty then, well according to those that assume guilt until proven otherwise.
But hey I know Cadel doesn't

lance7.jpg

Frigo's Luggage said:
Thats a nice picture of Lance and Cowboy.

Cowboy??? The dog's name is Rex, original huh, and no there's no rex in the 6000 page dossier :rolleyes:

Could it really happen ? Could the UCI do something ? Find out tomorrow in the doping chronicles...
___

GENEVA: The International Cycling Union is set to announce groundbreaking measures in the fight against doping at a meeting Tuesday.

The UCI, which is hoping to clean up the sport's image, has called all 20 ProTour teams to discuss the problem.

"UCI will announce important new measures to fight doping," UCI spokesman Enrico Carpani told The Associated Press on Monday.

The UCI withheld the details of the meeting, which is scheduled to take place less than three weeks before the Tour de France begins in London on July 7.

Since it was called, speculation has grown over the reason for the meeting. Many believe the district attorney's documents from the Spanish doping scandal could be analyzed, while others suspect more riders linked to Operation Puerto will be barred from the upcoming Tour.

whiteboytrash said:
while others suspect more riders linked to Operation Puerto will be barred from the upcoming Tour.
Cycling4all is reporting that the UCI has already stated that they will not name any newly implicated riders at the news conference.

Wayne666 said:
Cycling4all is reporting that the UCI has already stated that they will not name any newly implicated riders at the news conference.

CN is reporting the same thing. Apparently, UCI is claiming they haven't had enough to look at the 6000 pages of OP documents. So even though there may be proof sitting on the table in front of them implicating scores of riders, they're not going to worry about until later in the year (if ever).