Another 49 cyclists implicated in OP ! new 6000 page dossier released...

i'm past caring if my favorite riders are implicated. just get the danged thing over with.

you want to ride in one of the grand tours? submit your DNA!

cheapie said:
i'm past caring if my favorite riders are implicated. just get the danged thing over with.

you want to ride in one of the grand tours? submit your DNA!
If this doesn't change the culture of doping that permeates pro cycling then nothing will - except maybe all out nuclear war and the death of all mankind (but even **** Pound thinks that's too harsh a penalty). Tyler get a lifetime ban? Give him more! ;)

cheapie said:
are they going to publish the names anytime soon?
This from procycling.com:

"According to La Gazzetta, Spanish investigators have associated some of the numbers on the other bags with rider names. 1: Ullrich, 2: Basso, 4: Botero, 5: Sevilla; 7: Unai Osa, 8: Aitor Osa, 11: Hamilton, 12: Jose Enrique Gutierrez, 14: Heras, 19: Zaballa, 20: Jaksche. Of these, Hamilton and Jaksche have been suspended by their teams from taking part in the Giro d'Italia. There are other number/name associations which remain a mystery: 9: Urko, 10: Rosa, 15: Cesar, 17: Goku, 24: Clasicomano (Luigi), 25: Amigo de Birillo, 26: Huerta and 33: Clasicomano, as well as Guri, Azul Huri and Milan, which don't have numbers associated with them."

even considering how poorly he did in the TDF? or maybe that's why he sucked...because he was off the PEDs cuz of OP?

cheapie said:
even considering how poorly he did in the TDF? or maybe that's why he sucked...because he was off the PEDs cuz of OP?
didn't he go through a bad patch (for the first indi T.T.) and then comeback? I recall him getting annoyed with everyone questionning why he suddenly went off form. I mean he might just have had a bad day. Like Floyd.

Rolfrae said:
didn't he go through a bad patch (for the first indi T.T.) and then comeback? I recall him getting annoyed with everyone questionning why he suddenly went off form. I mean he might just have had a bad day. Like Floyd.
Yes. He had a Floyd-like recovery from a horribly bad day. The reason I think LL is on the list is a total hunch. I mean, it's not a hunch that he's a doper. I think we all realize at this point that there are probably one or two guys with pro Tour contract not using PEDs, and of course you've never heard of them before.

Okay. Okay. Who am I kidding. They're all doped.

What about the 100 non cycling athletes, none of whom have yet to be named, nor have the sports they participate in been named.

Cycling doesn't need to clean up the doping, they need to learn how to manipulate the media the way the other sports do.

whiteboytrash said:
Hamilton will be up for a life ban....

Would Hamilton actually be up for a life ban? I mean, he already served a 2-year suspension for doping, so wouldn't this be a case of double jeopardy? Or does that concept even apply here?

JohnO said:
What about the 100 non cycling athletes, none of whom have yet to be named, nor have the sports they participate in been named.

Cycling doesn't need to clean up the doping, they need to learn how to manipulate the media the way the other sports do.

I don't think the soccer/football players' names will see the light of day. That's when the authorities start getting death threats.

If this keeps up, the sponsorship money everywhere is going to disappear, and we'll go back to the days when people took up bike racing because it paid almost as well as working in the coal mines or farming.

wineandkeyz said:
Would Hamilton actually be up for a life ban? I mean, he already served a 2-year suspension for doping, so wouldn't this be a case of double jeopardy? Or does that concept even apply here?

.....from memory a second offence is a life ban. Ullrich would have got a LB due to his first ban for x. OK I'm off to Oxford St for the Kate Moss Topshop opening... she uses drugs as well....

whiteboytrash said:
.....from memory a second offence is a life ban. Ullrich would have got a LB due to his first ban for x. OK I'm off to Oxford St for the Kate Moss Topshop opening... she uses drugs as well....
right...but isn't the doping from when he was racing before? his suspension just recently ended. OP happened long before he started racing again.

unless he was doping during his comeback training. dunno.

This could be interesting. If he was working with the doctor during his ban, which I suspect, then he would get a LB... I think. If, however, the dates go back to when he was originally busted during the Olympics/Vuelta time frame, then maybe he could argue double jeopardy, but, then he'd be admitting guilt to the first offense, which is something he hasn't done yet.

helmutRoole2 said:
This could be interesting. If he was working with the doctor during his ban, which I suspect, then he would get a LB... I think. If, however, the dates go back to when he was originally busted during the Olympics/Vuelta time frame, then maybe he could argue double jeopardy, but, then he'd be admitting guilt to the first offense, which is something he hasn't done yet.

I think your right. He will either have to take the life ban, or claim that the OP affair covers his original doping case and admit to the fact that he is a doper.

What urks me is, why just Ullrich, Basso, Hamilton. We now have over 100 riders implicated, which is darned near half the peloton. The only way this is going to get sorted is if DNA samples are required as part of contracts, or as part of race participation. Then these could be compared to the blood bags.

What do you think would happen if ASO just comes out and says anyone who wants to race in our races must supply a DNA sample which can be used as part of any doping inquiry. I mean we already check there hematocrits, whats the difference.

helmutRoole2 said:
I've got a gut feeling Leipheimer's name is going to pop up.

Isn't Leipheimer a Ferrari client? If I remember, there were rumors of him staying at the same hotel as Ferrari last year...

whiteboytrash said:

Yes, but she is also hot.

cheapie said:
right...but isn't the doping from when he was racing before? his suspension just recently ended. OP happened long before he started racing again.

unless he was doping during his comeback training. dunno.

Please, please, please let Tyler get a lifetime ban. That lying scumbag needs to be out of the sport forever. What a whiner.

helmutRoole2 said:
I've got a gut feeling Leipheimer's name is going to pop up.
That is probably a pretty good hunch, but I think Dave Z might be even a better choice. He and Landis were tight. They shared an apartment in Gerona. And other CSC riders like Hamilton, Basso, and Jaksche were using Fuentes. Julich is another good candidate.

With Hamilton, Heras, and now Landis rumored to be linked, it looks like once riders leave Disco they have to switch to a different dope source. I think this indicates that Postal/Disco has a teamwide doping program and the team supplies the doping infrastructure. I don't think many Disco riders will be linked to OP.