Another 49 cyclists implicated in OP ! new 6000 page dossier released...

Bro Deal said:
It may be time to start a "Bettini is farked" thread.

Agreed he has been very solemn of late. Think he knew what’s coming.

- Although Lanids is already farked from what I've been reading he's even more farked in the 6000 page report. Who else is farked ? Kloden & Sastre have been named on other websites... I can't verify if its rumor or not but the names are out there...

tcklyde said:
Isn't Leipheimer a Ferrari client? If I remember, there were rumors of him staying at the same hotel as Ferrari last year...
He probably is, but so was Landis (I think). Fuentes probably had two types of clients. He had some that he would design their doping program and supply all the doping products, and he had some that had other doctors designing their programs and Fuentes would just supply with dope. Most cyclists linked will most likely fall into the last category. They probably just used Fuentes to supply their EPO, testosterone, insulin, HGH, etc.

This explains how Fuentes had such high revenue. He was one of if not the biggest supplier of cycling dope in Europe.

It has been rumored for some time that there is another doping operation in Valencia. You have to think that if that one is exposed we will be seeing many teams that are not connected to OP in deep doo doo.

Where are the Italian teams getting their gear from?

Part of me welcomes todays expose.

However, as a fan I am saddened at the (apparent) extent of all this doping.

For me, I know that several of the untimely deaths of guys who were fit/healthy
since the early 1990's - has to be as a result of this doping culture.

limerickman said:
Part of me welcomes todays expose.

However, as a fan I am saddened at the (apparent) extent of all this doping.

For me, I know that several of the untimely deaths of guys who were fit/healthy
since the early 1990's - has to be as a result of this doping culture.
The sad thing is that it had to come to this. Even at late as last year the UCI could have turned over a new leaf and set up a system of regular testing for the ProTour, much like the system Team Slipstream is using in the U.S. or even the system that CSC has set up. It would have mitigated the damage that has been done today.

Unless Friend of Birillo is somebody like Eddy M, if Birillo is Basso, then it is conceivable (but by no means clear) that Friend of Birillo could potentially be somebody on CSC. However, I think it's unlikely to be Julich, because Julich sort of voiced disappointment about Basso on the Julich website; if Julich were as connected to Fuentes as Basso was (if any), then Julich would probably not be so blatant as to make those points about Basso so publicly. :confused:

musette said:
However, I think it's unlikely to be Julich, because Julich sort of voiced disappointment about Basso on the Julich website; if Julich were as connected to Fuentes as Basso was (if any), then Julich would probably not be so blatant as to make those points about Basso so publicly. :confused:
Yeah, because cyclists would never deceive the public about doping...

Its time for a cycling Truth and Reconciliation Commission.

The extent of the alleged doping is so grand, that there is no way that the Team management didn't know what was going on ... their heads should roll as well.

The only way to clear up the sport is to ensure than anyone (DS, doctors, etc.) is "suspended" for at least the length of time (if not more) as any rider.

Sickening to hear Riis (as an example) at as Mr. Clean and offer up the Sgt. Schultz defense (I know nothing, I've seen nothing, ....).

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive...

helmutRoole2 said:
This could be interesting. If he was working with the doctor during his ban, which I suspect, then he would get a LB... I think. If, however, the dates go back to when he was originally busted during the Olympics/Vuelta time frame, then maybe he could argue double jeopardy, but, then he'd be admitting guilt to the first offense, which is something he hasn't done yet.

helmutRoole2 said:
This could be interesting. If he was working with the doctor during his ban, which I suspect, then he would get a LB... I think. If, however, the dates go back to when he was originally busted during the Olympics/Vuelta time frame, then maybe he could argue double jeopardy, but, then he'd be admitting guilt to the first offense, which is something he hasn't done yet.
I think WADA/UCI code requires a second doping offense to take place after the incident that caused the first offense in order for a lifetime ban to be imposed. In Hamilton's case it does not matter so much. He is old enough that another year out of competition while OP issues are settled will mean the end of his european cycling career regardless if he is convicted. He could probably continue for another couple of years on a U.S. domestic team, but that does not pay very well.

Bro Deal said:
It may be time to start a "Bettini is farked" thread.
Valv (Piti), I mean Valverde, has cancelled his Romandie appearance. He's just tired from the Classiscs and this has nothing to do with Puerto. Right?

Rolfrae said:
Valv (Piti), I mean Valverde, has cancelled his Romandie appearance. He's just tired from the Classiscs and this has nothing to do with Puerto. Right?
Serious ? Fark ! He's farked ! Be interesting to see how many "stomach upsets" and "requires rest" we get in the next 2 weeks....

whiteboytrash said:
Serious ? Fark ! He's farked ! Be interesting to see how many "stomach upsets" and "requires rest" we get in the next 2 weeks....
Cyclingnews said it to be so, in order that he prepare for the Tour instead. Perhaps he's gone to a training camp with his lawyer to prepare for the Tour?

If most of this is substantially true then there are going to be some teams that are going to be decimated in the literal sense of the word. Some might not even be able to make up a grand tour quorum and with sponsors pulling the plug others might start to implode.
At this rate, far from trying to exclude the likes of Unibet the organisers might have to resort to bribing the likes of Mercury, Navigators and Recycling.Co.UK to turn up on the start line in London.
The cheats will undoubtedly have got their just deserts, but the ramifications of this may turn out to be very, very serious for the financial viability of the sport in the short term. Remember, that high paying German TV has already threatened to pull its Tour contract if there is any whiff of drug scandal.

Maybe implosion is the only thing that will enable this sport to eventually move forward honestly.

jhuskey said:
Just waiting for it to hit the fan.
The peloton.tv project lost one of the major investors today. They don't believe in pro cycling anymore. The project will probebly die... or we will change the course (juniors?, U23? or maybe iceskating, golf, sleeping, drinking beer?)

cyclingheroes said:
The peloton.tv project lost one of the major investors today. They don't believe in pro cycling anymore. The project will probebly die... or we will change the course (juniors?, U23? or maybe iceskating, golf, sleeping, drinking beer?)
This is something the fans (and riders/teams) who want the doping exposed will have to accept - that a lot of sponsors will walk away. At least there will be a 'clean' sport to sell come the dawn. Who am I kidding?

cyclingheroes said:

I can begin my beer drinking training right away. CH ,do you want to be my coach?
I will need a sponsor. One that owns brewery,of course.

jhuskey said:
I can begin my beer drinking training right away. CH ,do you want to be my coach?
I will need a sponsor. One that owns brewery,of course.
So Amgen would not be very interesting? Hmmmm how about Heineken?

cyclingheroes said:
We can blame Basso for that..... at the start of the year I said I wanted to spit at Basso's feet and people teased me... now look what he's gone and done.... farked up our sport even more...... the UCI/ASO are now showing leadership and strength... our dodgy riding friends can no longer claim innocence.... get rid of Basso, burn him at the stake and lets move on.... and to be honest Bruyneel really needs a kick up the backside for hiring him... it was just plain stupid and did nothing for our sport.