Another American Positive!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Sep 1, 2005.

  1. Forgive the poor translation from French - it's been a while:

    >From L'Equipe, Sept 2, 2005

    More Dirty Americans!

    NEW ENGLAND, USA (2 Sept, 2005) - USA Cycling today annouced the
    positive doping control of Brian Lafferty steming from his 40th place
    in the 2005 New England Cat 4 Time Trial Championships.

    According to Mike Fraysee, Eastern section trustee, Lafferty was chosen
    as the only rider to be randomly tested after completing the course.
    "We must keep cycling clean, all the way down to the master fatties,"
    commented Fraysee.

    In response, Lafferty has claimed his harsh stance against and
    continuous accusations of Lance Armstrong prompted this positive
    result. "I haven't peed in a cup in years," Lafferty claims. "There
    wasn't even a doping control at that race. This is clearly a snow-job!
    They're trying to put away a man who has tried for years to tear down
    US cycling's icons! I hate Lance! Everyone is dirty!! Except me!"

    Curiously, he has been granted a French federation racing license and
    provisional French citizenship since the USA Cycling announcment. "The
    enemy of my enemy is my friend," French sporting officals said in a
    prepared statement.

    "You haven't heard the last of Brian Lafferty!" Lafferty proclaimed,
    speaking of himself in the third person as he was led away for charter
    flight to his adopted homeland of France. "It is clear that Laszlo
    Bodrogi was the only clean rider of the Tour! I won't stop until he is
    rightly presented his yellow jersey!"

    It should be noted that Bodrogi finished 119th, more than three hours
    behind Armstrong.

    ----

    critAMATEUR

    Tags:

  2. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Forgive the poor translation from French - it's been a while:
    >
    > >From L'Equipe, Sept 2, 2005

    > More Dirty Americans!
    >
    > NEW ENGLAND, USA (2 Sept, 2005) - USA Cycling today annouced the
    > positive doping control of Brian Lafferty steming from his 40th place
    > in the 2005 New England Cat 4 Time Trial Championships.
    >
    > According to Mike Fraysee, Eastern section trustee, Lafferty was chosen
    > as the only rider to be randomly tested after completing the course.
    > "We must keep cycling clean, all the way down to the master fatties,"
    > commented Fraysee.
    >
    > In response, Lafferty has claimed his harsh stance against and
    > continuous accusations of Lance Armstrong prompted this positive
    > result. "I haven't peed in a cup in years," Lafferty claims. "There
    > wasn't even a doping control at that race. This is clearly a snow-job!
    > They're trying to put away a man who has tried for years to tear down
    > US cycling's icons! I hate Lance! Everyone is dirty!! Except me!"
    >
    > Curiously, he has been granted a French federation racing license and
    > provisional French citizenship since the USA Cycling announcment. "The
    > enemy of my enemy is my friend," French sporting officals said in a
    > prepared statement.
    >
    > "You haven't heard the last of Brian Lafferty!" Lafferty proclaimed,
    > speaking of himself in the third person as he was led away for charter
    > flight to his adopted homeland of France. "It is clear that Laszlo
    > Bodrogi was the only clean rider of the Tour! I won't stop until he is
    > rightly presented his yellow jersey!"
    >
    > It should be noted that Bodrogi finished 119th, more than three hours
    > behind Armstrong.
    >
    > ----
    >
    > critAMATEUR

    Nice parody of the Jeanson decision and USAC. The Canadians had a real
    problem with her and doping so she jumped ship and USCF handed her a
    license no questions asked, as far as I can tell the Canadians are
    still pissed off over this.
    Bill C