Another bike buying thread!

Bianchi: 10 speed
Avanti: 9 speed
Specialized: 8 speed

I'd pick the Bianchi because of the 10 speed components.

scotteffone said:
Hey guys I'm very green to this but I have narrowed three bikes down to what I think are ok and I can afford!

They are:

BIANCHI Via Nirone 7 Alu Hydro - Xenon Compact 09

Avanti Monza

Specialized Allez Double

What do you guys think. And why is one bike better than the other? At the moment I'm leaning Bianchi, through price.
Bianchi bikes aren't necessarly perfect, but if you buy a Bianchi now then you will probably be glad 10+, even 20+, years from now if that is the one you choose over the other two ... just because it is a Bianchi.

The Xenon shifters are "okay" ... if/when they wear out, just upgrade to some regular Campagnolo shifters.

A Celeste Green Bianchi would be even better!

alfeng said:
Bianchi bikes aren't necessarly perfect, but if you buy a Bianchi now then you will probably be glad 10+, even 20+, years from now if that is the one you choose over the other two ... just because it is a Bianchi.

The Xenon shifters are "okay" ... if/when they wear out, just upgrade to some regular Campagnolo shifters.

A Celeste Green Bianchi would be even better!

I didn't like that green at first but it grows on you. I've been offered a pretty good deal for the Vivace so I think I will take that offer.