Another bike gone.. I feel so naked..

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by hippy, Nov 30, 2003.

  1. hippy

    hippy Guest

    http://www.thehippy.net/cycling/mybikes/Skansen_Venom_NinetyOne.htm

    SOLD!

    Posting this as a tribute to my first race bike
    (not including the Apollo I did some kiddie tri's on).

    The "Skansen Venom NinetyOne" (mouthful!) in
    the shot has since had new fangled seatpost added
    to stop the old one ripping my nicks, tyres, cluster
    and chain. Stickers have also been removed since
    that photo was taken. Other bits were added but
    then removed pre-sale.

    That's one unused bike less for me, $150 in my
    pocket and another cyclist hooning around Melbourne.

    happy
    hippy

    Tags:

  2. Etxy

    Etxy Guest

    Where did you sell it? I have a bike of similar quality that I want to
    get rid of, but don't know where to start- I've advertised it on BA
    Classifieds but thats it.

    Oh, and why aren't you ever at the track, hmm? :mad: ;) I'll email you
    the training times again, I don't think you got them last time...

    --

  3. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "Etxy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Where did you sell it? I have a bike of similar quality that I want to
    > get rid of, but don't know where to start- I've advertised it on BA
    > Classifieds but thats it.

    That's funny actually. I have msn messenger installed (chat client)
    and I have this fridge that I want to sell. I just stuck it in my msn
    signin name for a laugh, thinking one of my mates might want a
    fridge one day. After it had been there for a while one of them
    hassled me about it saying the price was too high and that's why
    it hasn't sold. I argued the point and somehow it got me changing
    the details about the fridge every day. e.g. "Fridge, likes walks
    in the park, candlelit dinners: $200".
    A guy I shared with at uni cracked up one day and in the ensuing
    conversation, asked if I knew anyone with a bike for sale, under
    $500 for his mate. I assumed they wanted an mtb (doesn't
    everyone? ;-)) but mentioned the bikes I had. Sent him the link to
    the road bike picture, said $150 and he showed the guy that wanted
    the bike and the deal was practically done.

    > Oh, and why aren't you ever at the track, hmm? :mad: ;) I'll email you
    > the training times again, I don't think you got them last time...

    Yeah, see my other post about making excuses.. I'll get down
    there one day, really I will ;-)
    This week is a write-off anyway.. I've basically stopped riding
    because I'm frustrated with my METEC crit performances of late.
    I think it is due to starting the races without a warmup but I'm
    taking time of the bike so I've got some energy for the Kona
    24hr race.
    Keep hassling me.. I'll get my freewheel-lovin' butt down there
    eventually! :)

    hippy