Another bike gone.. I feel so naked..

Hippy

Guest
http://www.thehippy.net/cycling/mybikes/Skansen_Venom_NinetyOne.htm

SOLD!

Posting this as a tribute to my first race bike (not including the Apollo I did some kiddie
tri's on).

The "Skansen Venom NinetyOne" (mouthful!) in the shot has since had new fangled seatpost added to
stop the old one ripping my nicks, tyres, cluster and chain. Stickers have also been removed since
that photo was taken. Other bits were added but then removed pre-sale.

That's one unused bike less for me, $150 in my pocket and another cyclist hooning around Melbourne.

happy hippy

Where did you sell it? I have a bike of similar quality that I want to get rid of, but don't know where to start- I've advertised it on BA Classifieds but thats it.

Oh, and why aren't you ever at the track, hmm? :mad: ;) I'll email you the training times again, I don't think you got them last time...

"Etxy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Where did you sell it? I have a bike of similar quality that I want to get rid of, but don't know
> where to start- I've advertised it on BA Classifieds but thats it.

That's funny actually. I have msn messenger installed (chat client) and I have this fridge that I
want to sell. I just stuck it in my msn signin name for a laugh, thinking one of my mates might want
a fridge one day. After it had been there for a while one of them hassled me about it saying the
price was too high and that's why it hasn't sold. I argued the point and somehow it got me changing
the details about the fridge every day. e.g. "Fridge, likes walks in the park, candlelit dinners:
$200". A guy I shared with at uni cracked up one day and in the ensuing conversation, asked if I
knew anyone with a bike for sale, under $500 for his mate. I assumed they wanted an mtb (doesn't
everyone? ;-)) but mentioned the bikes I had. Sent him the link to the road bike picture, said $150
and he showed the guy that wanted the bike and the deal was practically done.

> Oh, and why aren't you ever at the track, hmm? :mad: ;) I'll email you the training times again, I
> don't think you got them last time...

Yeah, see my other post about making excuses.. I'll get down there one day, really I will ;-) This
week is a write-off anyway.. I've basically stopped riding because I'm frustrated with my METEC crit
performances of late. I think it is due to starting the races without a warmup but I'm taking time
of the bike so I've got some energy for the Kona 24hr race. Keep hassling me.. I'll get my
freewheel-lovin' butt down there eventually! :)

hippy