Another case of positive test with testosterone (stage 11)

How is it L'Equipe knows about a positive before anyone else. Is there anyone in control of the testing protocol?

Markz said:
How is it L'Equipe knows about a positive before anyone else. Is there anyone in control of the testing protocol?
You don't remember the Armstrong saga? L'Equipe doesn't report the test results. It generates them. ;)

IH8LANCE said:
You don't remember the Armstrong saga? L'Equipe doesn't report the test results. It generates them. ;)
My head is spinning from all of this. Which way is up?

Markz said:
I don't see that it matters that much--at least not in the way that riders and their defenders complain about when they are caught. What does it matter if the press reports the facts, no matter how they are obtained? In the past the UCI has swept doping positives under the rug; that's a lot harder with the press breathing down their backs.

Markz said:
It is well known that the reporter Ressiot has a mole in the LNDD lab that feeds him results before they become official. Since the lab only tests anonymous samples they usually take the form of this announcement, i.e. a rider from stage 11 of the TdF has tested positive for testosterone.

Bro Deal said:
I don't see that it matters that much--at least not in the way that riders and their defenders complain about when they are caught. What does it matter if the press reports the facts, no matter how they are obtained? In the past the UCI has swept doping positives under the rug; that's a lot harder with the press breathing down their backs.
Bingo.

Bro Deal said:
In the past the UCI has swept doping positives under the rug; that's a lot harder with the press breathing down their backs.
I see your point. I guess it is the way things will have to be to side step corruption.

poulidor said:
We are still waiting from UCI the name of the implicated riders, maybe they have lost the list to identify the sample.
There is a good article on eurosport :
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25072007/3/cycling-risks-olympics-axe-senior-ioc-member.html

Verdruggen, the Lance's protector, is pointed as responsible of this mess. Nobody is surprised here.
That article was stupid. Why doesn't the IOC get rid of track & field, and swimming? The Olympics are filled with doping sports. Who are they to point fingers at the UCI, etc. I was also amused to see **** Pound referred to as the "straight-talking Canadian lawyer" instead of a bombastic idiot.

nns1400 said:
That article was stupid. Why doesn't the IOC get rid of track & field, and swimming? The Olympics are filled with doping sports. Who are they to point fingers at the UCI, etc.
Because of the same omerta in these sports...and they are dominated by people who are the Kings of PR!
Verdruggen has tried to do the same putting buisness in first place...

Wayne666 said:
It is well known that the reporter Ressiot has a mole in the LNDD lab that feeds him results before they become official. Since the lab only tests anonymous samples they usually take the form of this announcement, i.e. a rider from stage 11 of the TdF has tested positive for testosterone.
l'Equipe is owned by ASO. Much more likely that the leaks are coming from buddies at the ASO than at the lab.

Leafer said:
l'Equipe is owned by ASO. Much more likely that the leaks are coming from buddies at the ASO than at the lab.
No. The leaks don't have riders' names attached.

If it's RAS and he's out, DC wins its eighth TdF title, notwithstanding Ras' stage win today! Then DC would also succeed to today's stage win :rolleyes:

Wasn't Cofidis one of the teams that sat down and went on "strike" against doping for a few minutes at the beginning of today's stage? :confused: :confused:

nice....

FriarTuck said:
Wasn't Cofidis one of the teams that sat down and went on "strike" against doping for a few minutes at the beginning of today's stage? :confused: :confused:

nice....
Moreni is a 34 year old domestique on a French team and was placed 58th at the end of the last stage. It's not just the elite contenders juicing up, it's also guys who are just trying to make the mortgage payments.