Another Chuckle of the Day

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Wayne Boatwright, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. Prison vs. Work

    (Just in case you ever get the two mixed up, this should make things a bit
    clearer)

    IN PRISON...you spend the majority of your time in a 8x10 cell;
    AT WORK...you spend the majority of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.

    IN PRISON...you get three meals a day;
    AT WORK...you only get a break for one meal and you have to pay for it.

    IN PRISON...you get time off for good behavior;
    AT WORK...you get rewarded for good behavior with more work.

    IN PRISON...the officer locks and unlocks all the doors for you;
    AT WORK...you must carry around a security card and open all the doors for
    yourself.

    IN PRISON...you can watch TV and play games;
    AT WORK...you get fired for watching TV and playing games.

    IN PRISON...you get your own toilet;
    AT WORK...you have to share with some idiot who pees on the seat.

    IN PRISON...they allow your family and friends to visit;
    AT WORK...you can't even speak to your family.

    IN PRISON...all expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work required;
    AT WORK...you get to pay all the expenses to go to work and then they
    deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners.

    IN PRISON...you spend most of your life looking through bars from inside
    wanting to get out;
    AT WORK.....you spend most of your time wanting to get out and go inside
    bars.

    IN PRISON...you must deal with sadistic wardens;
    AT WORK.....they are called managers

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0526-0, 06/27/2005
    Tested on: 6/28/2005 12:06:10 AM

  2. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Prison vs. Work
    >
    > (Just in case you ever get the two mixed up, this should make things a
    > bit clearer)
    >

    > IN PRISON...you spend the majority of your time in a 8x10 cell;
    > AT WORK...you spend the majority of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.
    >
    > IN PRISON...you get three meals a day;
    > AT WORK...you only get a break for one meal and you have to pay for
    > it.
    >
    > IN PRISON...you get time off for good behavior;
    > AT WORK...you get rewarded for good behavior with more work.
    >
    > IN PRISON...the officer locks and unlocks all the doors for you;
    > AT WORK...you must carry around a security card and open all the doors
    > for yourself.
    >
    > IN PRISON...you can watch TV and play games;
    > AT WORK...you get fired for watching TV and playing games.
    >
    > IN PRISON...you get your own toilet;
    > AT WORK...you have to share with some idiot who pees on the seat.
    >
    > IN PRISON...they allow your family and friends to visit;
    > AT WORK...you can't even speak to your family.
    >
    > IN PRISON...all expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work
    > required; AT WORK...you get to pay all the expenses to go to work and
    > then they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners.
    >
    > IN PRISON...you spend most of your life looking through bars from
    > inside wanting to get out;
    > AT WORK.....you spend most of your time wanting to get out and go
    > inside bars.
    >
    > IN PRISON...you must deal with sadistic wardens;
    > AT WORK.....they are called managers

    Good one, but... what's a cubicle? ;)

  3. Andy <Q> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    >> IN PRISON...you spend the majority of your time in a 8x10 cell;
    >> AT WORK...you spend the majority of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.

    > Good one, but... what's a cubicle? ;)

    A very small cube? :)

    --

    "Compassion is the chief law of human existence."

    Dostoevski, The Idiot

  4. Andy <Q> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    >> IN PRISON...you spend the majority of your time in a 8x10 cell;
    >> AT WORK...you spend the majority of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.

    > Good one, but... what's a cubicle? ;)

    A very small cube? :)

    --

  5. On Tue 28 Jun 2005 02:15:54a, Andy wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> IN PRISON...you spend the majority of your time in a 8x10 cell;
    >> AT WORK...you spend the majority of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.

    > Good one, but... what's a cubicle? ;)

    Seriously? I thought every office had cubicles these days. It's an
    individual workspace enclosed by partial walls. I doubt my current cubicle
    is larger than 6' x 6' and has walls about 5' tall. In our new offices they
    will be much larger, with much higher walls.

    Cheers!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0526-1, 06/28/2005
    Tested on: 6/28/2005 6:06:37 AM

  6. On Tue 28 Jun 2005 04:42:55a, Michel Boucher wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > Andy <Q> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    >>> IN PRISON...you spend the majority of your time in a 8x10 cell;
    >>> AT WORK...you spend the majority of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.

    >> Good one, but... what's a cubicle? ;)

    > A very small cube? :)

    Sometimes they are! :)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0526-1, 06/28/2005
    Tested on: 6/28/2005 6:07:01 AM

  7. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    "Andy" <Q> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > Prison vs. Work
    > >
    > > (Just in case you ever get the two mixed up, this should make things a
    > > bit clearer)
    > >

    > > IN PRISON...you spend the majority of your time in a 8x10 cell;
    > > AT WORK...you spend the majority of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.
    > >
    > > IN PRISON...you get three meals a day;
    > > AT WORK...you only get a break for one meal and you have to pay for
    > > it.
    > >
    > > IN PRISON...you get time off for good behavior;
    > > AT WORK...you get rewarded for good behavior with more work.
    > >
    > > IN PRISON...the officer locks and unlocks all the doors for you;
    > > AT WORK...you must carry around a security card and open all the doors
    > > for yourself.
    > >
    > > IN PRISON...you can watch TV and play games;
    > > AT WORK...you get fired for watching TV and playing games.
    > >
    > > IN PRISON...you get your own toilet;
    > > AT WORK...you have to share with some idiot who pees on the seat.
    > >
    > > IN PRISON...they allow your family and friends to visit;
    > > AT WORK...you can't even speak to your family.
    > >
    > > IN PRISON...all expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work
    > > required; AT WORK...you get to pay all the expenses to go to work and
    > > then they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners.
    > >
    > > IN PRISON...you spend most of your life looking through bars from
    > > inside wanting to get out;
    > > AT WORK.....you spend most of your time wanting to get out and go
    > > inside bars.
    > >
    > > IN PRISON...you must deal with sadistic wardens;
    > > AT WORK.....they are called managers

    > Good one, but... what's a cubicle? ;)

    Equal shaped 6 sided popsicle.

    Shaun aRe

  8. Ken Davey

    Ken Davey Guest

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:17:38 +0100, "Shaun aRe"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Andy" <Q> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >> > Prison vs. Work
    >> >
    >> > (Just in case you ever get the two mixed up, this should make things a
    >> > bit clearer)
    >> >

    >> > IN PRISON...you spend the majority of your time in a 8x10 cell;
    >> > AT WORK...you spend the majority of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.
    >> >
    >> > IN PRISON...you get three meals a day;
    >> > AT WORK...you only get a break for one meal and you have to pay for
    >> > it.
    >> >
    >> > IN PRISON...you get time off for good behavior;
    >> > AT WORK...you get rewarded for good behavior with more work.
    >> >
    >> > IN PRISON...the officer locks and unlocks all the doors for you;
    >> > AT WORK...you must carry around a security card and open all the doors
    >> > for yourself.
    >> >
    >> > IN PRISON...you can watch TV and play games;
    >> > AT WORK...you get fired for watching TV and playing games.
    >> >
    >> > IN PRISON...you get your own toilet;
    >> > AT WORK...you have to share with some idiot who pees on the seat.
    >> >
    >> > IN PRISON...they allow your family and friends to visit;
    >> > AT WORK...you can't even speak to your family.
    >> >
    >> > IN PRISON...all expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work
    >> > required; AT WORK...you get to pay all the expenses to go to work and
    >> > then they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners.
    >> >
    >> > IN PRISON...you spend most of your life looking through bars from
    >> > inside wanting to get out;
    >> > AT WORK.....you spend most of your time wanting to get out and go
    >> > inside bars.
    >> >
    >> > IN PRISON...you must deal with sadistic wardens;
    >> > AT WORK.....they are called managers

    >> Good one, but... what's a cubicle? ;)

    A frozen baby bear?

  9. maxine in ri

    maxine in ri Guest

    ~
    ~> Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    ~> news:[email protected]:
    ~>
    ~>> IN PRISON...you spend the majority of your time in a 8x10 cell;
    ~>> AT WORK...you spend the majority of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.
    ~>
    ~> Good one, but... what's a cubicle? ;)
    ~>
    ~
    ~Seriously? I thought every office had cubicles these days. It's an
    ~individual workspace enclosed by partial walls. I doubt my current
    cubicle
    ~is larger than 6' x 6' and has walls about 5' tall. In our new
    offices they
    ~will be much larger, with much higher walls.
    ~
    ~Cheers!

    Our office is done in 4' high mostly 6x8's, with shelving on the
    inside walls. Becasue I work with machines, they did give me 8' high
    walls, to dampen the noise for the others.

    They still kvetch.

    maxine in ri