another cross reference to "rec.bicycles.tech"

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Ianb, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Ianb

    Ianb Guest

    Another posting in uk.rec.cycling says to check in rec.bicycles.tech. However I have been
    subscribed to r.b.t for about a month and NOTHING has appeared in it, so is it alive or is my
    reader/server being difficult? Just to check I am posting this to r.b.t as well as u.r.c to see
    whether it appears there
    --
    IanB

    n.b. as I subscribe to two large newsgroups it may be
    several days before I see a newsgroup response

    Tags:

  2. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    IanB wrote:
    > Another posting in uk.rec.cycling says to check in rec.bicycles.tech. However I have been
    > subscribed to r.b.t for about a month and NOTHING has appeared in it, so is it alive or is my
    > reader/server being difficult? Just to check I am posting this to r.b.t as well as u.r.c to see
    > whether it appears there

    My observation is that OE displays cross posted messages only in the first group you read. Its only
    an observation and may be wrong though.

    Tony

  3. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "IanB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Another posting in uk.rec.cycling says to check in rec.bicycles.tech. However I have been
    > subscribed to r.b.t for about a month and NOTHING has appeared in it, so is it alive or is my
    > reader/server being difficult?

    It's been busy. Among other things you've missed a post-grad level course in the cardiovascular
    system and pedalling circles.

    --
    Dave...

  4. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    "IanB" <[email protected]> writes:

    > Another posting in uk.rec.cycling says to check in rec.bicycles.tech. However I have been
    > subscribed to r.b.t for about a month and NOTHING has appeared in it, so is it alive or is my
    > reader/server being difficult? Just to check I am posting this to r.b.t as well as u.r.c to see
    > whether it appears there

    Something's wrong with your server - it's a busy group, much busier than this.

    Morning had broken, and I found when I looked that we had run out of copper roove nails.

  5. Pmailkeey

    Pmailkeey Guest

    On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:43:04 -0000, "IanB"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    :)Another posting in uk.rec.cycling says to check in )rec.bicycles.tech. However I have been
    :subscribed to r.b.t )for about a month and NOTHING has appeared in it, so is it )alive or is my
    :reader/server being difficult? )Just to check I am posting this to r.b.t as well as u.r.c to )see
    :whether it appears there

    rec.bicycles.tech:439433
    uk.rec.cycling:281411

    Seems r.b.t has had more postings since these counters were reset.
    --
    Comm again, Mike.