another cross reference to "rec.bicycles.tech"

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Ianb, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ianb

Ianb Guest

Another posting in uk.rec.cycling says to check in rec.bicycles.tech. However I have been
    subscribed to r.b.t for about a month and NOTHING has appeared in it, so is it alive or is my
    reader/server being difficult? Just to check I am posting this to r.b.t as well as u.r.c to see
    whether it appears there
    --
    IanB

n.b. as I subscribe to two large newsgroups it may be
    several days before I see a newsgroup response

Tags:

2. Tony Raven

Tony Raven Guest

IanB wrote:
    > Another posting in uk.rec.cycling says to check in rec.bicycles.tech. However I have been
    > subscribed to r.b.t for about a month and NOTHING has appeared in it, so is it alive or is my
    > reader/server being difficult? Just to check I am posting this to r.b.t as well as u.r.c to see
    > whether it appears there

My observation is that OE displays cross posted messages only in the first group you read. Its only
    an observation and may be wrong though.

Tony

3. Dave Kahn

Dave Kahn Guest

"IanB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Another posting in uk.rec.cycling says to check in rec.bicycles.tech. However I have been
    > subscribed to r.b.t for about a month and NOTHING has appeared in it, so is it alive or is my
    > reader/server being difficult?

It's been busy. Among other things you've missed a post-grad level course in the cardiovascular
    system and pedalling circles.

--
    Dave...

4. Simon Brooke

Simon Brooke Guest

"IanB" <[email protected]> writes:

> reader/server being difficult? Just to check I am posting this to r.b.t as well as u.r.c to see
    > whether it appears there

Something's wrong with your server - it's a busy group, much busier than this.

--
    [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

Morning had broken, and I found when I looked that we had run out of copper roove nails.

5. Pmailkeey

Pmailkeey Guest

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:43:04 -0000, "IanB"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

:)Another posting in uk.rec.cycling says to check in )rec.bicycles.tech. However I have been
    :subscribed to r.b.t )for about a month and NOTHING has appeared in it, so is it )alive or is my
    :reader/server being difficult? )Just to check I am posting this to r.b.t as well as u.r.c to )see
    :whether it appears there

rec.bicycles.tech:439433
    uk.rec.cycling:281411

Seems r.b.t has had more postings since these counters were reset.
    --
    Comm again, Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.