http://www.felixonline.co.uk/v2/article.php?id=2539
Very sad news indeed.
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
UK and Europe · Public discussion
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
http://www.felixonline.co.uk/v2/article.php?id=2539
Very sad news indeed.
Very.
Six years cycling into college (86-92) along that same road and no
deaths. Now two three in months...
Have there been any more in recent years?
regards,
Daren
--
remove outer garment for reply
daren said:Very.
Six years cycling into college (86-92) along that same road and no
deaths. Now two three in months...
I used to cycle along there as a student in the late 80's and most of the
time it was log jammed in both directions, so cyclists tended to filter
between the rows of traffic, which is often pretty hazardous.
Adrian Boliston said:daren said:Very.
Six years cycling into college (86-92) along that same road and no
deaths. Now two three in months...I used to cycle along there as a student in the late 80's and most of the
time it was log jammed in both directions, so cyclists tended to filter
between the rows of traffic, which is often pretty hazardous.
Yep, that's a pretty accurate description of it I guess. Two in three
months is very worrying, two seems to be more than a coincidence in such
a short space of time, but who knows.
It worries me particularly as I'd probably use the Queen's Gate/Cromwell
Road junction next year if I was to cycle in (I've just paid a deposit
on a flat down Wimbledon area). Imperial College Union and associated
societies should be at the forefront of addressing any issues, so
hopefully it'll get sorted if there is a problem.
Ian B. said:Adrian Boliston said:daren said:Very.
Six years cycling into college (86-92) along that same road and no
deaths. Now two three in months...I used to cycle along there as a student in the late 80's and most of
the time it was log jammed in both directions, so cyclists tended to
filter between the rows of traffic, which is often pretty hazardous.Yep, that's a pretty accurate description of it I guess. Two in three
months is very worrying, two seems to be more than a coincidence in such
a short space of time, but who knows.
In the years ive been there its the first ive heard of Queens
Gate/Cromwell Road being a particular problem. A fluke? I hope so.
Quoted message said:
It worries me particularly as I'd probably use the Queen's Gate/Cromwell
Road junction next year if I was to cycle in (I've just paid a deposit
on a flat down Wimbledon area). Imperial College Union and associated
societies should be at the forefront of addressing any issues, so
hopefully it'll get sorted if there is a problem.
Then again, when I am there I primarily use the Exhibition Road exit to
head Norf which seems better, Queens gate appears to be a bit of a rat
run. IME. Exhibition has a lower density of parked cars and is not quite
as wide, at least past the major exhibits.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.