Another Cyclist killed...

RalleighOke

Jan 29, 2003
I found this on another site :

Another Cyclist killed...
Another cyclist was killed ( Mike Westerdale ) on Saturday morning on the R28 ( Krugersdorp Hill ) when he was hit from behind ( left from the yellow line ) by a speeding driver from a "security company ".When and where will this end ? My sincere condolences for his next of kin.

When will governments start to listen!!!

I was on that road an hour earlier. The person killed was a member of our club. My brother-in-law went past just after it happened and all he could see was the club jearsey and franticly phoning me from the side of the rode to make sure it's not me.

The friend of the deceased was about 30 metres ahaid of him and the bike knocked him of his bike.

I was just bragging the other day that that road is quite safe. It is stuff like that that will drive me to mountain biking.

Originally posted by Mampara
I was on that road an hour earlier. The person killed was a member of our club. My brother-in-law went past just after it happened and all he could see was the club jearsey and franticly phoning me from the side of the rode to make sure it's not me.

The friend of the deceased was about 30 metres ahaid of him and the bike knocked him of his bike.

I was just bragging the other day that that road is quite safe. It is stuff like that that will drive me to mountain biking.

Sorry to hear about your fellow club member Mampara! Please pass on my condolences to his family.

Which club do you belong to? My brother saw a picture in a Sunday paper of his friend wearing a NECSA kit from last year. Does he work or NECSA? Just want to know 'cause that's where I'm working at the moment. (I have the same kit)

Originally posted by Mampara
I'm riding with Cresta Wheelers. Bright green and pink kit.

Tx, I phoned the swichboard, doesn't look like his working here!

Two (1st and 2nd) cyclists killed in 2 days after being hit by a car and I remember another one few days back! What`s happening?:confused::eek: