Another Dumb Queston

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bill Wheeler, Feb 8, 2003.

  1. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    When did the NG start up?

    I've found an attempt at 1997 FAQ using Google, but I'm trying to find the first person who posted
    to this group.

    Any ideas?

    Spent all day trying to fix my frozen garage door opener. Now I'm bored with cold fingers.

    Peace, Bill(where are my gloves)Wheeler.

    :-]

    Tags:

  2. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On 08 Feb 2003 22:56:02 GMT, [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote:

    >>When did the NG start up?
    >
    >The earliest post I can track down is this one:
    >
    >http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:alt.mountain-bike.*&start=30&hl=en
    >&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scoring=r&as_drrb=b&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_max
    >d=8&as_maxm=2&as_maxy=1995&selm=Jym.6Nov1994.1211%40naughty-peahen&rnum=34
    >
    >Dated 6th Nov 1994.
    >
    >HTH
    >
    >Steve

    Thanks,

    Bill

    :-]

  3. Simon

    Simon Guest

    | When did the NG start up?
    |
    | I've found an attempt at 1997 FAQ using Google, but I'm trying to find the first person who posted
    | to this group.
    |
    | Any ideas?
    |
    | Spent all day trying to fix my frozen garage door opener. Now I'm bored with cold fingers.
    |
    | Peace, Bill(where are my gloves)Wheeler.

    Bill. I had posted this before but shall again just for you :eek:)

    Usenet groups are made by sending control messages to a certain address etc.. The control messages
    are kept for future reference and I have uploaded the set of messages that made this group to my
    webspace linked below.

    http://www.tau-designs.co.uk/roots.txt hope this helps

    Simon

  4. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:51:49 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >| When did the NG start up?
    >|
    >| I've found an attempt at 1997 FAQ using Google, but I'm trying to find the first person who
    >| posted to this group.
    >|
    >| Any ideas?
    >|
    >| Spent all day trying to fix my frozen garage door opener. Now I'm bored with cold fingers.
    >|
    >| Peace, Bill(where are my gloves)Wheeler.
    >|

    >Bill. I had posted this before but shall again just for you :eek:)
    >
    >Usenet groups are made by sending control messages to a certain address etc.. The control messages
    >are kept for future reference and I have uploaded the set of messages that made this group to my
    >webspace linked below.
    >
    >http://www.tau-designs.co.uk/roots.txt hope this helps
    >
    >Simon

    Thanks...again, Bill