Another glorious morning ride!

Wafflycathcsdir

Guest
Went out this morning - did a few miles - a little further than the other day. Cold, bright morning,
most of the lanes deserted, the odd other cyclist & pedestrian about to exchange a "good morning"
with as I cycled by - even the odd motorist about this morning and *most* were very courteous, with
a friendly wave & thank you said as they passed me with room to spare. Even the sheep & goats in
various fields, bleated a cheery good morning. All was well in the world - cold, bright morning,
hardly any wind - glorious! A happy morning for fatbirdonabike :)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

In message <[email protected]>, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter
<[email protected]> writes
>Went out this morning - did a few miles - a little further than the other day. Cold, bright
>morning, most of the lanes deserted, the odd other cyclist & pedestrian about to exchange a "good
>morning" with as I cycled by - even the odd motorist about this morning and *most* were very
>courteous, with a friendly wave & thank you said as they passed me with room to spare. Even the
>sheep & goats in various fields, bleated a cheery good morning. All was well in the world - cold,
>bright morning, hardly any wind - glorious! A happy morning for fatbirdonabike :)
Oh rats! I wanted to too but I've had to spend the day sat at my laptop working. I did sneak an
extra half hour's break at lunchtime to clean the **** off bikie's tyres and adjust the new Brooks
Flyer I've just treated my bottie to. Maybe tomorrow.....
--
DP

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter <[email protected]> wrote:

> even the odd motorist about this morning and *most* were very courteous, with a friendly wave &
> thank you said as they passed me with room to spare.

That is an odd motorist. Obviously your reputation has spread through the crossposting to
uk.transport. The thought of a paving slab through the windscreen is clearly a strong motivator.

Just coffeeing up before getting togged up for a ride myself.

Tony

http://www.raven-family.com

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George
Bernard Shaw.

> Went out this morning - did a few miles - a little further than the other
day.
> Cold, bright morning, most of the lanes deserted, the odd other cyclist & pedestrian about to
> exchange a "good morning" with as I cycled by - even
the
> odd motorist about this morning and *most* were very courteous, with a
friendly
> wave & thank you said as they passed me with room to spare. Even the sheep
&
> goats in various fields, bleated a cheery good morning. All was well in
the
> world - cold, bright morning, hardly any wind - glorious! A happy morning
for
> fatbirdonabike :)

You're not fat, Helen. I said that after seeing your photo in Prague last summer. Up until then I
had a mental image of you as some sort of Hattie Jacques character from your descriptions, so don't
do yourself down:) I'm off out after dark to make up for going in the car to work yesterday and
before the cold snap returns late next week .

> You're not fat, Helen. I said that after seeing your photo in Prague last summer. Up until then I
> had a mental image of you as some sort of Hattie Jacques character from your descriptions, so
> don't do yourself down:)

Thank you sweetie :)

On a serious note, I am, however, fat - no denying it. The photographer in question was, thankfully,
a skilled craftsman and actually made me look halfway decent. The good pic is entirely down to his
skill. I really must get a print!

If you saw me in real life, you'd wonder why he didn't need a wide-angle lens to get all of me in
;-) I may not be as fat as Hattie Jacques - but if I'm not careful, that's how I'd end up. I am more
of a Dawn French shape, but I think my legs are slimmer. Now, to win the lottery and get the
liposuction done! ;-) If I didn't cycle I'd be *huge, huge HUGE*

>I'm off out after dark to make up for going in the car to work yesterday and before the cold snap
>returns late next week .
>--

That's why I went out this morning. Weather report said morning okay here but rain & wind spreading
here this afternoon & evening. Being a wimp, I decided to make the most of the good weather this
morning :)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

>That is an odd motorist. Obviously your reputation has spread through the crossposting to
>uk.transport. The thought of a paving slab through the windscreen is clearly a strong motivator.

:)

Actually most motorists in my bit of deepest rural Norfolk are *usually* okay. You do get the odd
one whom you think, "Hmmm... obviously a major contributor to uk.tosspot", where you can but hope
that one day, their demise ends up being the subject of mirth on the pages of the Darwin Awards.
Yes, there are too many, but it's not as bad as many places... Cambridge... London...

I also find a little bit of courtesy can go a long way. If someone does give me a wide berth when
overtaking, I always try to give a "thank you" in the form of a cheery wave or a friendly spoken
word. I work on the theory that if they've extended me courtesy and I've been civil about it, being
a rural area - if they pass me again in the future, they may repeat the courtesy and perhaps, extend
said courtesy to other cyclists. I aim to be a shining example of the courteous cyclist ;-)

I have, however, been known to turn the air blue, on the odd occasion a driver has seriously
threatened my safety...

>Just coffeeing up before getting togged up for a ride myself.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

> > You're not fat, Helen. I said that after seeing your photo in Prague last summer. Up until then
> > I had a mental image of you as some sort of Hattie Jacques character from your descriptions, so
> > don't do yourself down:)
>
> Thank you sweetie :)
>
> On a serious note, I am, however, fat - no denying it. The photographer in question was,
> thankfully, a skilled craftsman and actually made me look halfway decent. The good pic is entirely
> down to his skill. I really must get a print!

I can recommend Photoshop as an excellent photo manipulation programme. It means you can eat and eat
those chocs and still be proud of those pics. <ducks> Having just come back from three weeks in
Belgium with chips, mayonaise, beer, waffles, chocs, pancakes, cream.... I need to brush up on my
own retouching skills.

John B

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter <[email protected]> wrote:

> On a serious note, I am, however, fat - no denying it. The photographer in question was,
> thankfully, a skilled craftsman and actually made me look halfway decent. The good pic is entirely
> down to his skill. I really must get a print!

Is he by any chance the one that photographed Kate Winslet recently?