another (infrequent) BRer down

Dave A

Guest
hit car on way to work this morn
just got out of st vincents
broken rib, badly cut eye, very sore ribs,
bike is ok ;-).

DaveA

Dave A wrote:

> hit car on way to work this morn
> just got out of st vincents
> broken rib, badly cut eye, very sore ribs,
> bike is ok ;-).
>
> DaveA

At least the bike is okay... did the driver stop to help?

Tam

Dave A said:
hit car on way to work this morn
just got out of st vincents
broken rib, badly cut eye, very sore ribs,
bike is ok ;-).

DaveA

bugger dude. broken rib. your gonna have to watch the Xmas pud-intake levels :rolleyes:

circumstances? details?

get well, Dave.
oh, which bike? blacky or the new fixie?

Dave A said:
hit car on way to work this morn
just got out of st vincents
broken rib, badly cut eye, very sore ribs,
bike is ok ;-).

DaveA

Poobumwee - have you reported details to the rozzers? I can totally sympathise about broken ribbage, unfortunately I've also got a cough that's making the healing process ever so delightful :( So I sincerely hope you don't catch it!

Anyway, ensure everyone around you knows you want a *nice quiet* festive season. Chin up & keep us posted. :)

On 2005-12-21, Dave A (aka Bruce)
> hit car on way to work this morn
> just got out of st vincents
> broken rib, badly cut eye, very sore ribs,
> bike is ok ;-).

Awww man!

How's the eye?

--
TimC
Seen in a sendmail HELO greeting (Leon Brooks):

"Dave A" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hit car on way to work this morn
> just got out of st vincents
> broken rib, badly cut eye, very sore ribs,
> bike is ok ;-).
>
> DaveA

Owies. Let us know about the details once you've had time to settle yourself
a bit.

MAJOR :mad: ****! Cool(bike bit)!

Dave A wrote:
> hit car on way to work this morn
> just got out of st vincents
> broken rib, badly cut eye, very sore ribs,
> bike is ok ;-).

Get well soon, ribs aren't much fun.

One week on.

More details as I was rushing out the door last time.

Traveling as per normal down Nicholson Street, passing stationary
traffic, towards a keep clear section. Then out of nowhere I saw a
brown blur, it happenened in a fraction of a second Then there was a
confused merging of severe pain and disbelief, it happened so quick it
took me a while to compute that I'd actually had an accident. . I
can't say what happened. All I know is that I was broken as described
below, the car door had a big dint, and bike is ok.

Police said they will probably charge driver for failing to give way.

The damage.

Eye. Stitches removed from wound around eye. Possible plastic surgery
in 6 months.
Tooth. Repaired by dentist. First dentist wanted to pull it out!
Ribs They were just very sore, not broken.
Two days ago I "found" a bruise from the top of my shoulder to just
above my elbow.
Busted Wrist. Spoke to doctor today, he told me that me wrist break was
pretty messy and will take "a lot" of metal to fix. Also the break
is now over a week old and things get "sticky" if the operation is
not performed within two weeks. I asked him to try and bring my
operation forward from the 5th of Jan, he is looking into it.

I'm a little down as things had been going well until I heard the bad
news about wrist.
It will be good to get this operation done so I can move forward.

It's going to be back streets in the inner city from now on as,
stationary traffic close to city is where I've had all my problems.

Happy and safe New Year to all.

Thats **** mate. Hope you are a fast healer. Leave the scar above the eye - you get served quicker in public bars. [which would have been taken care of had the tooth been removed as against repaired :D]. Are you sure the bike is OK given the damage you suffered ? Might warrant closer inspection just to be sure. The ones where you get belted without seeing it coming at all are the worst accidents. Scary ****.

Dave A said:
Police said they will probably charge driver for failing to give way.

Make sure you do follow this up - and please let us know how the wrist op progresses. Do hope you're back BR'ing in 2006! Who knows, I might even join Bikesoiler for a BR jaunt too (perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, c'mon ladies!) Also - what Monsterman said - get the bike checked out at your LBS for any unforeseen probs with frame/components etc

Chin up DaveA, on behalf of a.ber's all over the place. May the wind be at your back soon. ;)

cfsmtb said:
Make sure you do follow this up - and please let us know how the wrist op progresses. Do hope you're back BR'ing in 2006! Who knows, I might even join Bikesoiler for a BR jaunt too (perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, c'mon ladies!) Also - what Monsterman said - get the bike checked out at your LBS for any unforeseen probs with frame/components etc

Chin up DaveA, on behalf of a.ber's all over the place. May the wind be at your back soon. ;)

yeah, what she said. ring officer asap to make it known you may make 'noise' if no charges are laid.

Wrist surgery aint that bad :rolleyes:
It's the only bit of Titanium I 'own' :D
(insert image of FD in early nineties doing 'play of the day' baseball-style with other fielder. ouchy!)
check that bike too

On 2005-12-28, Dave A (aka Bruce)
> Police said they will probably charge driver for failing to give way.

Great news. Hopefully it will stick.

> Eye. Stitches removed from wound around eye. Possible plastic surgery
> in 6 months.
> Tooth. Repaired by dentist. First dentist wanted to pull it out!

Repaired? What happened to it? Fractured?

Mine is starting to worry me -- does it really take more than 3 months
to repair itself?

> It's going to be back streets in the inner city from now on as,
> stationary traffic close to city is where I've had all my problems.

I hate how cars just use a gap to come in from a side street without
actually checking that there's not something approaching in the other
lane.

It's stupid that we have to go to so much trouble to avoid other
people's stupidities.

Bad luck, mate -- I think I came off a lot better than you! But at
least some damage was done to the car :)

--
TimC
A smoking section in a restaurant is like a peeing section in a