Another jacket for Vernon?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Call Me Bob, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    FAO Helen

    Just spotted this on eBay:

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3412203105

    Thought you might like to alert Vernon, following the description of his recent cycling attire
    purchase it looks just his sort of thing.

    I suspect he may have to fend off stiff bidding from Nipples Colyer though...

    Bob

  2. >I suspect he may have to fend off stiff bidding from Nipples Colyer though...

    I have showed Vernon the site ...

    His reaction?

    "Fantastic!"

    Then his cheapskate nature came out and he complained that even at £9.99 it is too expensive.

    Thank heavens for that :)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Call me Bob wrote:
    > Just spotted this on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3412203105
    <snip>
    > I suspect he may have to fend off stiff bidding from Nipples Colyer though...

    Eeeugghhh!

    Anyway, since a significant proportion of the spam that I receive contains the word "ebay", I now
    filter out all e-mails containing that word. Which pretty much rules out buying anything on there.

    Thomas Paine

  4. >Eeeugghhh!

    >Anyway, since a significant proportion of the spam that I receive contains the word "ebay", I now
    >filter out all e-mails containing that word. Which pretty much rules out buying anything on there.

    :)

    Vernon was asking about the origins of your nickname - so I surfed on over to your web pages to see
    if I could pick out the original work of pictorial art which showed you in pose of "Nipples Colyer".
    Didn't find it - so you've decided to be coy on the Net :)

    By the way, the pic of young Colyer are *delightful* - she's a lovely wee tot
    :)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  5. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

  6. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
    > Vernon was asking about the origins of your nickname - so I surfed on over to your web pages to
    > see if I could pick out the original work of pictorial art which showed you in pose of "Nipples
    > Colyer". Didn't find it - so you've decided to be coy on the Net :)

    I deleted them when I was trying to clear some webspace a couple of weeks ago (I've got 15MB, but I
    try not to go too much over 10MB). I'd be happy to send a couple of examples by private e-mail if
    required though.

    > By the way, the pic of young Colyer are *delightful* - she's a lovely wee tot :)

    Thanks. We've just spent 4 days away visiting relatives and going to the British Juggling Convention
    in Brighton - I ended up with more than 90 photos, most of Jenny! In those few days she's started
    saying "Thank you", "bye bye", and putting her dolly over her shoulder and patting it on the back.

    Thomas Paine