another Lance/Kristen story

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jonas, Feb 28, 2003.

  1. Jonas

    Jonas Guest

    Tags:

  2. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    the twins hit again..... its tough work, expecially for someone dreaming of sipping mai tais on the
    beachs of jamaica by day and loving on the beach by night. not feeding screaming kids day in day out
    for yeeeeeeeeears...... she is worn out and he could give a shit....."say tomage"....

  3. Hobart9

    Hobart9 Guest

    >she should quit her crying. i hope lance had her sign a prenup.

    Give me a break ... Lance is a jackass on many levels. This only confirms it. I don't know many
    people who have the strength to stick with someone while they fight cancer then put up with his
    ego bullshit. Yes, I can see where his marriage got in the way of his Nike sponsorship and
    commercial deals.

  4. Ken McKisson

    Ken McKisson Guest

  5. Magni

    Magni Guest

    A few questions. Does The Star have photos of an indiscretion? Why didn't Lance's management deny
    the infidelity rumor? How much might an indiscretion be worth in endorsement revenue lost? Isn't
    Texas a community property state where Kristen gets 1/2 of everything? Will she have problems
    finding an new husband who will sign a pre-nuptial? Is there a White Lady lurking in Spain?

    "Ken McKisson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > sounds like a lot of innuendo and gossip to me. not saying any of it is
    not
    > true, but most of that belongs in a tabloid newspaper and don't care to
    put
    > much credence into much of it.
    >
    > "Jonas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > she should quit her crying. i hope lance had her sign a prenup.
    > >
    > > http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/55308.htm

  6. Too bad they had a blowout in Solvang. That's a great place for R&R, I have been there quite a few
    times, since I have friends in Santa Barbara. There are some cool mountain bike rides down by the
    lake and dam. Also there is a killer climb there I have done which is real popular called the
    eliminator that climbs up to the ridgeline on the high peaks. The eliminator takes you by where Jane
    Fonda lived. I never saw Jane and Ted around when I rode by. There are some good climbs near there
    for both road and dirt. I like Little Pine climb which is popular.

    B-
    -------------------
    "Jonas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > she should quit her crying. i hope lance had her sign a prenup.
    >
    > http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/55308.htm

  7. "Jonas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > she should quit her crying. i hope lance had her sign a prenup.
    >
    > http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/55308.htm

    This article is a good example of just how big a star LANCE has become.

    Athletes in the "major" sports in America (football, basketball, baseball) have these sorts of
    marital problems all the time (as do people in general). Some of the athletes have horrendous
    private lives, fathering all sorts of illegitimate children, etc. Much worse than a separation with
    hurt feelings and rumored indiscretions.

    How many of these athletes get their marital problems written about in the tabloids? Only a few.

  8. Superdrome

    Superdrome Guest

    >How many of these athletes get their marital problems written about in the tabloids? Only a few.

    How many were Sports Illustrated Athlete of the Year? Given his story, Lance is not simply another
    football, basketball, or baseball player. He is considered "inspirational", and therefore the
    tabloids make him a target for such stories.

    Ryan Crissey

  9. It's extremely bad timing. Too bad they couldn't of agreed to wait till after the 5th TDL to
    seperate. At least things wouldn't get any worse between now and the tour. Too bad they couldn't
    hold it together until the 5th tour is over. It couldn't have come at a worse possible time, right
    when he is getting ready to join the other top 5 winners. Of course my observation is based on [if]
    this is a bad thing that's really affecting Lance. We don't know!

    Oh well...

    B-
    -----------------------

    > "Jonas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > she should quit her crying. i hope lance had her sign a prenup.
    > >
    > > http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/55308.htm
    >

    > This article is a good example of just how big a star LANCE has become.
    >

    > Athletes in the "major" sports in America (football, basketball, baseball) have these sorts of
    > marital problems all the time (as do people in
    general).
    > Some of the athletes have horrendous private lives, fathering all sorts of illegitimate children,
    > etc. Much worse than a separation with hurt
    feelings
    > and rumored indiscretions.
    >

    > How many of these athletes get their marital problems written about in the tabloids? Only a few.

  10. Gary German

    Gary German Guest

    "Magni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A few questions. Does The Star have photos of an indiscretion? Why didn't Lance's management
    > deny the infidelity rumor? How much might an indiscretion be worth in endorsement revenue lost?
    > Isn't Texas a
    community
    > property state where Kristen gets 1/2 of everything? Will she have
    problems
    > finding an new husband who will sign a pre-nuptial? Is there a White Lady lurking in Spain?

    AFAIK, Texas is NOT a community property state. At least, it wasn't back in the early 90's when I
    lived there.

    > "Ken McKisson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > sounds like a lot of innuendo and gossip to me. not saying any of it is
    > not
    > > true, but most of that belongs in a tabloid newspaper and don't care to
    > put
    > > much credence into much of it.
    > >
    > > "Jonas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > she should quit her crying. i hope lance had her sign a prenup.
    > > >
    > > > http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/55308.htm

  11. "Superdrome" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >How many of these athletes get their marital problems written about in
    the
    > >tabloids? Only a few.
    > >

    > How many were Sports Illustrated Athlete of the Year? Given his story,
    Lance
    > is not simply another football, basketball, or baseball player. He is considered "inspirational",
    > and therefore the tabloids make him a target
    for
    > such stories.

    Well, yes, that is part of my point.

    Mere bike racers don't get written about in US tabloids.

  12. Joe

    Joe Guest

    [email protected] (Superdrome) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > >How many of these athletes get their marital problems written about in the tabloids? Only a few.
    > >

    > How many were Sports Illustrated Athlete of the Year? Given his story, Lance is not simply another
    > football, basketball, or baseball player. He is considered "inspirational", and therefore the
    > tabloids make him a target for such stories.
    >
    > Ryan Crissey

    >Who gives a s__t about L.A. It's time for him to go away!

  13. Shrek

    Shrek Guest

    I agree. I have a 4 year old (girl) and a 1 year old (boy). The 1 year old is 10 x the work my
    daughter ever was. I'm ready for the looney bin after taking care of him during the weekends.

    This story made the news segment on the Howard Stern Radio Show this morning and Howard mused that
    if Kristin got some nice implants it would solve their martial problems.

    I often imagine leaving my wife and kids and taking off to Jamacia for a week and would love to hook
    up with Mrs. A.

    "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >the twins hit again..... its tough work, expecially for someone dreaming of sipping mai tais on the
    >beachs of jamaica by day and loving on the beach by night. not feeding screaming kids day in day
    >out for yeeeeeeeeears...... she is worn out and he could give a shit....."say tomage"....

  14. Shrek

    Shrek Guest

  15. Sam

    Sam Guest

  16. shrek-<< Kristin is just overwhelmed being a new mommy of
    3.

    What crappola-I am sure they have a huge staff of nannies, housekeepers, cooks, etc...

    (4)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  17. Sam

    Sam Guest

    "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > the twins hit again..... its tough work, expecially for someone dreaming of sipping mai tais on
    > the beachs of jamaica by day and loving on the beach by night. not feeding screaming kids day in
    > day out for yeeeeeeeeears...... she is worn out and he could give a shit....."say tomage"....
    >
    >"Say tomage"? is that your knowledge of French? C'est dommage is the
    term.

  18. Sam

    Sam Guest

    "Superdrome" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >How many of these athletes get their marital problems written about in
    the
    > >tabloids? Only a few.
    > >

    > How many were Sports Illustrated Athlete of the Year? Given his story,
    Lance
    > is not simply another football, basketball, or baseball player. He is considered "inspirational",
    > and therefore the tabloids make him a target
    for
    > such stories.
    >
    > Ryan Crissey

    Especially when their marriage was promoted by publicists and themselves as being so perfect.

  19. Gino

    Gino Guest

    "Gary German" <[email protected]_NOSPAMX_.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Magni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > A few questions. Does The Star have photos of an indiscretion? Why
    didn't
    > > Lance's management deny the infidelity rumor? How much might an indiscretion be worth in
    > > endorsement revenue lost? Isn't Texas a
    > community
    > > property state where Kristen gets 1/2 of everything? Will she have
    > problems
    > > finding an new husband who will sign a pre-nuptial? Is there a White
    Lady
    > > lurking in Spain?
    > >

    > AFAIK, Texas is NOT a community property state. At least, it wasn't back
    in
    > the early 90's when I lived there.

    It is considered a community property state. See http://www.fairmark.com/spousal/comprop.htm for
    a list of community property states.